PDA

View Full Version : The Pens-Bolts First Round Playoff Series Thread

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2011, 03:58 PM
The First Round Schedule Is Out!

Ryan Malone is coming back to Pittsburgh for a playoff showdown (as well as a few other former Penguins such as Dominic Moore and Adam Hall). Tampa features the top goal scorer in the East (Steven Stamkos 45), the top assist man in the East (Martin St. Louis 68 assists), and the top overall point scorer in the East as well (Martin St. Louis 99 points), while our top dynamic scorers (Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) are on the shelf. We can get some revenge against the guy who ultimately put Sidney Crosby out of commission for the last 41 games and counting (Victor Hedman), who drove this head into the boards just days after being blindsided by David Steckel in the Winter Classic. Two top young coaching minds (Dan Bylsma and Guy Boucher) go head to head in the first ever playoff matchup of these two organizations.

Game 1 Wed, Apr 13 7:00 pm (in Pittsburgh)
Game 2 Fri, Apr 15 7:00 pm (in Pittsburgh)
Game 3 Mon, Apr 18 7:30 pm (in Tampa)
Game 4 Wed, April 20 7:30 pm (in Tampa)
Game 5 *Sat, April 23 TBD (in Pittsburgh)
Game 6 *Mon, April 25 TBD (in Tampa)
Game 7 *Wed, April 27 TBD (in Pittsburgh)

Jigawatts
04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
There doesn't seem to be much buzz about this round. Got tickets for todays game
with no problems and checked back with ticketmaster to surprisingly see that
there were still tickets available a good hour after they went on sale. I also checked
in with stubhub periodically to find that prices were less than face value before
you factor in transaction fees.

Why?

No Sid and Geno?

Gas prices?

Team? (Lightning as opposed to Flyers or Caps)

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Interesting...if I were in the Burgh, I'd be there with ya, man. Wear white, scream like an SN1, and bring home an opening game victory. I ordered an old school Ulf Samuelsson jersey, and it should be waiting for me when I get home (Yesterday, DHL left me a slip to sign and leave on my door to authorize them to leave it on my porch), so I plan to wear that tonight.

Line pairings during the morning skate:

Neal-Letestu-Kovalev
Kunitz-Staal-Kennedy
Dupuis-Talbot-Conner
Rupp-Adams-Asham

Jigawatts
04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I'll probably break out last years free Starkist whiteout t-shirt if I can find it. Gotta rush
to pick up my daughter from school, take her home, then back to the office fore a few
minutes before I leave for Pittsburgh.

I'd buy the official white out shirt, but don't feel like spending that much on a t-shirt.
I checked out borntrade the other day and was going to order some jerseys, but I'm
always a bit skeptical about giving my credit card number to a web site with so many
misspelled words. :lol:

I will be whooping and hollering. Look for me and Matt up in section 223 of the rafters. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
I'll probably break out last years free Starkist whiteout t-shirt if I can find it. Gotta rush
to pick up my daughter from school, take her home, then back to the office fore a few
minutes before I leave for Pittsburgh.

I'd buy the official white out shirt, but don't feel like spending that much on a t-shirt.
I checked out borntrade the other day and was going to order some jerseys, but I'm
always a bit skeptical about giving my credit card number to a web site with so many
misspelled words. :lol:

I will be whooping and hollering. Look for me and Matt up in section 223 of the rafters. :lol:

My Ulf jersey is coming from Borntrade. Got $10 off, because I've already bought $1000 worth of jerseys from them (whenever I want to order, I ask friends and co-workers if they want to order with me so that my order will be over $250 to qualify for free shipping). In addition to stocking my own closet, it's been great for Christmas gifts as well. Personally, I've gotten a Letang Winter Classic jersey from them plus an old-school LeBeau and old-school Ernie Stautner for me, a throwback Wallace and Mendenhall for my son (he picked them out), a standard Ben and a rhinestone-lined Polamalu for my daughter (she picked them out), and a Pouncey and Troy for my wife. I think I want an Mel Blount jersey next (unless we trade up for another Pouncey).

Jigawatts
04-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Awesome game and atmosphere Wednesday night. Consol was rocking after the Asham
goal. Total team effort to win and the flower was like magic. Where are all those people
now who wanted to bench him in favor of Johnson after the first month of the season?

Unfortunately, I'll be on the road tonight but hopefully I'll get a chance to listen to the
game on Sirius if my girls will let me. :lol: Heading to Orlando for the week. Hmmmm.
Maybe I can talk everyone into taking a short drive to St. Petersburg Wednesday night.
I did a little ticket search and found that it's about $30 for the cheapest tickets. I can
just about take the entire family for what it cost for one ticket at Consol.

Screw you Disney World, "Mickey Mouse just lost his liquor license." :lol:

D Rock
04-18-2011, 11:06 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

That was a big win. HUGE win. If Fleury can steal them one more in Tampa then this series should be over with a 3-1 lead.

Any more news on Crosby?

AzStillers1989
04-19-2011, 02:57 AM
Yes, big win, especially with a early 2-0 lead in the game. Should be a great game Wednesday. Never count a team out until u see 4 wins on your side.

LETS GO PENS !!!!!!

oh yea, how bout them buccos ?!?!

I think we all are going to be pleasantly surprised with this team.

:Steel :tt1 :tt2 :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2011, 08:55 AM
When they scored both of their power play goals off of bullcrap penalty calls, I started to get worried for the first time up to this point of the playoffs. But that didn't last very long, as T.K. responded almost immediately, and then we put the clamps down.

My new favorite player...Zbyn?k Michálek. That dude will do anything...anything...to keep the puck from getting to Fleury. Gotta love it.

Doesn't it seem all kinds of insane that Dan Bylsma has more playoff wins than any coach in Penguin history? It still seems like he has only been our coach since last Thursday or so.

D Rock
04-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Good. They pulled it out. Well done, now do it again. And then 12 more times.

RuthlessBurgher
04-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I hate games like that when you thoroughly outplay a team...dominate them even...for the better part of 2 periods...to the point that it feels like it should be something like 5-0...except you look up at the scoreboard...and it's only 2-1 after 2. At that point, I knew that we would regret letting them stay so close when we should have been making them pay early on when we were totally controlling the action. I had an awful, foreboding feeling for the entire 3rd period. However, when OT began, those feelings fell to the wayside, and it was all In-Fleury-We-Trust. I knew we would pull it out, and we did. Tonight is the night that James Neal official became a Penguin.

:tt2 :tt1

flippy
04-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Do we really even need Sid or Geno? The thing I enjoy most about hockey is this is truly a team sport and the system is just as big as the players on the ice.

Danny boy has been brilliant. He deserves to win a Stanley Cup without his 2 biggest stars.

Although I suspect the NHL will want Crosby to return to play against the Capitals. Crosby - Ovechkin is the best ratings they can hope for. And having the Comeback Kid playing will only add to the storyline.

But a part of me wants to see what we can do with the guys we have playing right now.

Let's go Pens!!!!

PS I always forget about this section of the board, but I was so pumped after last night!!! This felt like it could be the defining game of our playoff run. I was half expecting it to go all night and never end :)

AzStillers1989
04-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Sid and Geno are amazing talents of hockey today, but just like flippy said, this is TRULY a team sport. That is what I love most about hockey... Its exciting to know that at anyone 1-5 second span a goal can happen, and then there may not be a goal for 20 minutes. It makes each and every moment count to the fullest and every shift is extremely important.

I am very excited about this pens team... I have been for months now. Seeing how they can pull together and play this sport as a full unit. We may not have the star power but we have a great coaching staff and a full team of men who believe in the system they play in.

One game at a time fellas, tomorrow is a great opportunity to wrap this series up and get rested for the semi-finals. LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt2 :tt1

flippy
04-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Which Fluery will show up for Game 7?

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Which Fluery will show up for Game 7?

Without Jordan for the first half of the season and without Sid and Geno for the second half of the season, Fleury has been our best player this season, getting us to where we are now. I truly believe that he will show up big time on Wednesday and will thoroughly outplay old man Roloson to take the series.

AzStillers1989
04-26-2011, 02:18 AM
HAHAHA ... man , I love the pens !!!

They just want to give the fans a great series.... wit the disgusting 8-2 loss at home in game 5 and a very stale outing in game 6, they put themselves in a great place , in front of the hometown crowd to put this series away and move on to the next....

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt1 :Steel :tt2 :Beer

AzStillers1989
04-26-2011, 03:52 AM
something else......

...... imagination ........

:Cheers