PDA

View Full Version : Ed: 2 More Steelers Mock Drafts from Members

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Ed: 2 More Steelers Mock Drafts from Members

MONDAY, 11 APRIL 2011 13:18 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Here are a few more mock drafts sent in by Plus members. I will continue to post, just don’t go crazy – meaning looooong – and be reasonable, e.g., don’t pick Mike Pouncey at No. 31 because it’s not going to happen.

Onto two members’ mock drafts:

---I noticed your blog entry about sending you mock drafts. Here is one that we came up with on the site I own, SteelerAddicts.com

The credit for this particular mock goes to one of our members, Kyle aka K-train.

1) Cameron Heyward DE OSU

With such a deep DE class, especially for 5 techs I think we have a legit shot at him at 31 and at 31 it would be a STEAL

2) Curtis Brown CB Texas

I do think that he is the best CB on the Texas roster and will instantly sure up the secondary. Ike, Butler, Brown, and gay is a SOLID group of corners imo (i love butler, i don't care if there's any weight to my statement yet...there will be)

3) Lance Kendricks TE

Spaeth could be replaced by Kendricks, who is a pass catching TE and I think the Steelers are heavily interested in him, could be a dynamic addition to the passing game.

4) Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

Lived in the shadow of the Pounceys' at Florida, but is a fine prospect in his own right. will be better than Starks imo (former gator who went in the 3rd)

5) Noel Devine RB WVU

Love me some Noel Devine. He bulked up impressively between the senior bowl (a dismal 165) and now he's over 180. He has elite vision, speed and strength, honestly pound for pound one of the strongest humans on the planet....the bench and squat he can throw up at his size shames all of the lineman at WVU. He's a hell of a 3rd down back, and CAN run in between the tackles. He also has some unreal potential as a return man.

6) DeAndre Brown WR Southern Miss

He's my this years' Mike Williams (we see how that worked out, I had Mike Williams mocked to us in the 5th in every mock i had last year) He would be a much better prospect if he wasn't labeled with these character concerns. big target, i think will make a team very happy.

7) Josh Bynes MLB Auburn

Bynes is a thumper as a MLB, he's pretty slow but makes up for it with very good instincts, could contribute as a backup and ST.

Other options that the Steelers might look into include Alex Henery K Nebraska, Rashad Carmichael CB VT, i think there's a considerable amount of interest in both of those prospects. Carmichael in the 3rd/4th, and Henery in the 6th.

Thanks very much,
Matt Pappas

---Here are my thoughts on a possible Steelers draft.

-Perry Biggerstaff

Round 1

Aaron Williams,CB Texas—Big framed cornerback with good speed. Aggressive nature fits the Steelers mindset. Position flexibility makes Williams a cant miss prospect who could fill in at FS if needed. Tricky backpedal tends to allow receivers to chew up his cushion but his fluid hips, good instincts and excellent straight line speed helps him to recover and mirror as good as any CB in this draft

Round 2

Jarvis Jenkins, DE/DT Clemson—Underrated but ultra productive defensive lineman. Jenkins is another prospect that shows position flexibility as a defensive tackle and a defensive end. Same skill set as that of Ziggy Hood, though not as explosive. Would benefit with a year in a a NFL strength and conditioning program. Very high upside. The Steelers would probably see him as a 3-4 defensive end. Jenkins stands out with good maturity and character, especially in this defensive tackle class that is full of character questions.

Round 3

Marcus Gilbert, OT Florida—Classic right tackle prospect who could probably be a functional stop-gap left tackle if needed. Great size and strength. Does a great job of getting off the snap and into position. Needs some technique work in regards to body control and balance. Needs to be more aware of linebackers coming in off the edge.

Round 4

John Moffitt, OG Wisconsin—A first team All-American, first team All-Big 10, and 42 game starter for Wisconsin who possesses great footwork and mobility. Moffitt isn’t the fastest OG in this draft but he possesses the ability to pull and has very good phone-booth quickness. Moffitt is a fourth round steal who could start for the Steelers on day one.

Round 5

Da'Rel Scott, RB Maryland—Fast running back who would be great compliment to Mendenhall. Scott averaged 5.5 yards a carry and scored 17 touchdowns. He showed his ability to be utilized as a legit third down back by accumulating over 500 receiving yards. Good vision, quick feet and has the aggression needed to pick up yards up the middle.

Round 6

Justin Rogers,CB Richmond—Rogers is a developmental cornerback with a very high ceiling. He accumulated 12 interceptions over the last two years even though teams began to avoid his side of the field. If the Richmond prospect can had some bulk to his thing frame he has legitimate shutdown corner potential. Even if we retain Ike Taylor, If Rogers is still on the boards he would be the BPA at the end of the 6th round. Possible future nickel and backup to Taylor.

Round 7

Chris Prosinski, FS Wyoming—Late round sleeper who opened some eyes at his Pro day. Ran a 4.39 forty and 39.5 inch vertical put him back into late draft pick conversations. Prosinski finished his career at Wyoming with an impressive 373 tackles. He has great straight-line speed and good football awareness. Needs to work on his tackling technique as he will throw himself at ball carriers instead of wrapping them up. Very intelligent prospect who was recruited by Ivy league schools.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... om-members (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109227-ed-2-more-steelers-mock-drafts-from-members)

Jooser
04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
I like the first mock form Steeladdicts best. I'd take that draft.