PDA

View Full Version : Meet Kenrick Ellis

steelerkeylargo
04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... ick-ellis/ (http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/04/11/2011-nfl-draft-profile-kenrick-ellis/)

Oviedo
04-11-2011, 01:28 PM
The comparison to Shaun Rodgers would concern me. All the talent in the world but total headcase.

With his background I can't see the Steelers taking him.

I see them getting a Hoke-like player late in the draft to develop like Chris Nield from West Va. The NT position in our defense is more and more becoming a two down position with the increase in passing against us. Teams rarely even try to run it and just go pass first and pass often.

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Mike Mayock recently stated that Kenrick Ellis will never get out of the 2nd round as he has Ellis ranked as the 2nd best NT behind Phil Taylor.

besides Ellis, the Steelers have also brought in the likes of Anthony Gray, Zach Clayton and Frank Kearse for official visits so there's a good chance we will be drafting a NT in the mid to later rounds.

StarSpangledSteeler
04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
The comparison to Shaun Rodgers would concern me. All the talent in the world but total headcase.

I see them getting a Hoke-like player late in the draft to develop like Chris Nield from West Va. The NT position in our defense is more and more becoming a two down position with the increase in passing against us. Teams rarely even try to run it and just go pass first and pass often.

Your probably correct here, but I see Ellis as a legitimate starter replacement for Casey, whereas a "Nield-type" is probably just a back up, which means we still have to draft a starting NT next year. It would be really nice to get that NT position covered this year if possible. Ellis issues appear to be immaturity-related rather than crime-related but who knows?

Oviedo
04-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Your probably correct here, but I see Ellis as a legitimate starter replacement for Casey, whereas a "Nield-type" is probably just a back up, which means we still have to draft a starting NT next year. It would be really nice to get that NT position covered this year if possible. Ellis issues appear to be immaturity-related rather than crime-related but who knows?

Trade up to get Phil Taylor in Round 1??????? IMO that would be a better trade up scenario and a better reason to trade up than Pouncey II.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I like Taylor and would trade up for the talent if we needed a starter in 2011. Hard to do it with Hampton still on the roster. If he falls to us, make the pick. Ellis surprisingly dominated at the Nation versus Texas game and looks to be the real deal. He was double teamed because he was so disruptive. I would be very pleased if they grabbed him at the end of the 2nd.