PDA

View Full Version : I Had a Dream...

flippy
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Some of you may remember how classic, downright silly, and border line scary my dreams can be. And last night's didn't disappoint.

I dreamed that it was XMas morning and I had hundreds of presents under my tree. So many that I was getting tired and annoyed at opening them because it was never ending. I was essentially a slave to opening the endless supply of presents and I was really hungry but was not allowed to eat or drink anything until some prison guard type of character decided I was done.

Now the weird part - every present was the same. Exactly the same. An extra large Texas Longhorns long sleeved shirt. One after another.

So I have a really strong feeling today that we're drafting the Longhorn in the first round. And I hope the my annoyance with the jersey represents my annoyance at the pick cause I wanted someone else. But I really worry about the foreshadowing in my dreams. The weirder, the more likely they are to link to something that really happens. So I'm kinda worried that this player is going to be not better than BMac or Gay and his play is going to annoy me.

I'm avoiding naming said player cause I don't want to jinx anything. But this dream has me a little spooked.

Dee Dub
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
It could simply mean you just have a man-crush on Casey Hampton. And that you want him to wrap his extra long arms around you at a special time of year...the holidays. Ya know??

:P

Shawn
04-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Normally, I'm of the camp that says dreams are merely dreams. It's the brain's way to problem solve, defrag and resolve emotional conflict. I remember working out a difficult physics problem in my sleep back in undergrad. I went to sleep confused. I woke up and the answer popped up in my head in the shower the next morning. How many times have you gone to bed depressed or anxious about something only to wake up feeling much better. Sleep is important but I believe dreaming is important as well.

With that said, I think that our brains pick up on patterns, clues, and combine that with history that is just outside of the reach of our conscious minds. I believe that our brains can make highly educated guesses at the deeper levels of our brains. Dreams are very interesting and I think they serve many purposes and some of which connect the mind to our spiritual selves. Of course, I won't go into that in the Steelers section but it's an interesting subject none the less.

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2011, 02:19 PM
It could simply mean you just have a man-crush on Casey Hampton. And that you want him to wrap his extra long arms around you at a special time of year...the holidays. Ya know??

:P

He said it was an extra large Texas Longhorns long sleeved shirt, not an extra-extra-extra-extra-extra large Texas Longhorns long sleeved shirt. :wink:

hawaiiansteel
04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
well, there you have it...

this dream of yours pretty much guarantees that the Steelers will be drafting CB/FS Aaron Williams in Round 1 and DE/OLB Sam Acho or CB Curtis Brown in Round 2. :D

fordfixer
04-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream too, his cost him his life

flippy
04-07-2011, 09:28 AM
@DD - Maybe I do just have a man crush on Casey. And maybe this is a sign we should be hanging out at the buffets putting restaurants out of business.

@FF - And while I've had some phsychotic dreams where I've feared for my life, I'm not dying for this dream. I've got plenty of years of insanity in front of me.

@Shawn - The tie between my dreams and reality is uncanny. Like you I do some of my best problem solving in my dreams and the shower when I'm not trying. I've really learned as I've gotten older to pay extra close attention to my intuition and I amaze myself daily by knowing things I know nothing about. I have a lot of deja vu moments. I even notice little things like thinking of certain words minutes before they are said by someone in real life, or on tv or a movie. I regularly freak my wife out by saying an off the wall word only to hear someone repeat it. And I'm talking stuff that's completely off topic and sometimes utter nonsense. Maybe I'm just supposed to be a psychic with a crystal ball :)

anger 82&95
04-07-2011, 09:44 AM
What if your dream wasn’t about the upcoming draft? Perhaps your dream was a powerful mental predication that Limas Sweed’s long and “gatorish” arms will actually be capable of catching a football in the near future.

flippy
04-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Nice call. I hadn't even considered Limas. How sweet would his emergence be?

anger 82&95
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Perhaps it’s wishful thinking on my part, but I still have hope that Sweed will become a contributor.

Djfan
04-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Perhaps it’s wishful thinking on my part, but I still have hope that Sweed will become a contributor.

To What??

anger 82&95
04-07-2011, 08:29 PM

To What??
To either the betterment of the Steeler organization, or to the retirement fund of his psychologist.

Shawn
04-07-2011, 09:14 PM
@DD - Maybe I do just have a man crush on Casey. And maybe this is a sign we should be hanging out at the buffets putting restaurants out of business.

@FF - And while I've had some phsychotic dreams where I've feared for my life, I'm not dying for this dream. I've got plenty of years of insanity in front of me.

@Shawn - The tie between my dreams and reality is uncanny. Like you I do some of my best problem solving in my dreams and the shower when I'm not trying. I've really learned as I've gotten older to pay extra close attention to my intuition and I amaze myself daily by knowing things I know nothing about. I have a lot of deja vu moments. I even notice little things like thinking of certain words minutes before they are said by someone in real life, or on tv or a movie. I regularly freak my wife out by saying an off the wall word only to hear someone repeat it. And I'm talking stuff that's completely off topic and sometimes utter nonsense. Maybe I'm just supposed to be a psychic with a crystal ball :)

I don't think people give themselves enough credit when it comes to intuition. It can certainly be trained and developed. IMO, one of the many wonderful things about dreams are their ability to tap deeper levels of intuition, self analysis without the hinderance of distraction or walls built by emotional pain. It not a matter of if your dreams are telling you something...it's are you listening to what they are telling you?