PDA

View Full Version : Who do you WANT the Steelers to pick?

steelz09
04-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Who do you WANT the Steelers to pick with their first selection in the 2011 NFL Draft?

This list is intended to being realistic with pick #31 and within reach such as a possible trade up or trade down.

Oviedo
04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Who do you WANT the Steelers to pick with their first selection in the 2011 NFL Draft?

This list is intended to being realistic with pick #31 and within reach such as a possible trade up or trade down.

Out of that list I would prefer in order: Pouncey, Taylor, Williams and Harris.

steelz09
04-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Ov - It doesn't have to be from any list. I think you were referring to my signature block.

My preference is Mike Pouncey with a possible trade up in order to make it happen.

Notleadpoisoned
04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Mike Pouncey.

Oviedo
04-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Ov - It doesn't have to be from any list. I think you were referring to my signature block.

My preference is Mike Pouncey with a possible trade up in order to make it happen.

I understand the desire for lightening to strike twice but I just don't see Pouncey II as the equivalent of his brother that would warrant losing our 3rd Round pick. Being twins DOES NOT mean you are exactly alike and Maurkice is superior to Mike. Mike will go earlier than he should because of Maurkice but I don't think that is great value for him especially when Round 2 is loaded with decent Guard prospects.

steelz09
04-05-2011, 01:56 PM

I understand the desire for lightening to strike twice but I just don't see Pouncey II as the equivalent of his brother that would warrant losing our 3rd Round pick. Being twins DOES NOT mean you are exactly alike and Maurkice is superior to Mike. Mike will go earlier than he should because of Maurkice but I don't think that is great value for him especially when Round 2 is loaded with decent Guard prospects.

So who do you WANT in the 1st? Because from the list, it appears you used all the names in my signature?

Oviedo
04-05-2011, 02:03 PM

So who do you WANT in the 1st? Because from the list, it appears you used all the names in my signature?

I'd be OK with Phil Taylor, Marcus Cannon, Nate Solder and Williams.

I'm hoping alot that we can trade out of Round 1.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Taylor

ramblinjim
04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
I like the Taylor kid from Baylor, if he's there, he's the next Snack. If he's not, maybe the Paea kid from Oregon State? Dude is just built like a nose tackle. 6'1, 330 pounds, strong as an Ox?

hawaiiansteel
04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Mike Pouncey.

Ditto

grotonsteel
04-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Pouncey would be safe bet at 31.

I would take a chance with Jimmy Smith over Phil Taylor. Taylor got kicked by Joe Pa. Nuff said.

Pouncey OG
Nate Solder OT
Brandon Harris CB
Cameron Heyward DL
Jonathan Baldwin WR
Aaron Williams FS
Jimmy Smith CB
Phil Taylor NT

steelblood
04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Sherrod, Pouncey, Williams

RuthlessBurgher
04-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I like the Taylor kid from Baylor, if he's there, he's the next Snack. If he's not, maybe the Paea kid from Oregon State? Dude is just built like a nose tackle. 6'1, 330 pounds, strong as an Ox?

Paea is 6'1 303, not 6'1 330.

And as for the original question, I would like us to trade up to reunite the Pouncey twins.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/6/128967308384012685.jpg

focosteeler
04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
pouncey

birtikidis
04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Pouncey. the more I hear about the tackles the less I want any of them. If not Pouncey then I start looking at DL.. or MAYBE Moore from UCLA (though, definitely NOT a guy I WANT).

SteelCrazy
04-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

focosteeler
04-05-2011, 07:02 PM

He is good but I just worry he might be santonio holmes 2.0

hawaiiansteel
04-05-2011, 07:32 PM

you really want to draft this guy?

Pro day sliders

Colorado CB Jimmy Smith Showed up clearly out of shape at his pro day, appearing lethargic and very winded in drills, and upset NFL defensive back coaches that he could not work through drills without continually taking breathers. Although interviewers came away believing that he is a good-natured person at heart, they pointed to a very difficult upbringing and lack of a strong support structure as a reasons why he could fail in the pros.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/0 ... it-wrap-up (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/04/pro-day-circuit-wrap-up)

Chadman
04-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Who does Chadman WANT at #31?

Corey Luiget. There is some chance he might slide if Wilkerson gets picked before him. In Chadman's opinion- while shorter than you'd hope for, he's the best 'upfield penetrator' type to play at DE & a great long-term compliment to Ziggy Hood.

Plus- he fits the Tomlin/Colbert "junior with high upside, athletic, good school" criteria.

flippy
04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I want to trade back unless there's any way we could trade up for Watt (flippy's pipe dream).

Trading back might get us an extra CB or DLineman and I think there's some guys that will be available in the 2nd/3rd round that are first round talent with some weird question mark making teams overlook them. I'd go BPA after dropping back and would hope to pick up 2 extra picks in rounds 2-3.

If we got 4-5 picks in the first 3 rounds, we'd have the potential for a really special draft.

SteelCrazy
04-05-2011, 08:35 PM

you really want to draft this guy?

Pro day sliders

Colorado CB Jimmy Smith Showed up clearly out of shape at his pro day, appearing lethargic and very winded in drills, and upset NFL defensive back coaches that he could not work through drills without continually taking breathers. Although interviewers came away believing that he is a good-natured person at heart, they pointed to a very difficult upbringing and lack of a strong support structure as a reasons why he could fail in the pros.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/0 ... it-wrap-up (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/04/pro-day-circuit-wrap-up)

Didnt know any of that happened. I only know what he did in college.