Round 2: Jarvis Jenkins, DT
Round 3: Rashad Carmichael, CB
Round 4: Zach Hurd, OG
Round 5: Ian Williams, NT

All teams for the five rounds they project

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5185

RuthlessBurgher
04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I stated earlier that I would us to draft an OL, DB, and DL in some order with the first three picks, since those are the 3 areas of our team that could use an influx of young talent the most. This mock going OL-DL-DB qualifies, and it even further strengthens our areas of need with another OL-DL in the next two rounds. That's a lot of beef (6'8" 319 lbs, 6'4" 310 lbs, 6'7" 316 lbs, 6'1" 319 lbs) sandwiched around one 5'10" 192 lbs corner.

Let the draft come to you and simply take the best value in the trenches or the secondary in the first 3 rounds. If Solder was available at #31, that a much greater value than someone like Brandon Harris or Aaron Williams.

Oviedo
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I stated earlier that I would us to draft an OL, DB, and DL in some order with the first three picks, since those are the 3 areas of our team that could use an influx of young talent the most. This mock going OL-DL-DB qualifies, and it even further strengthens our areas of need with another OL-DL in the next two rounds. That's a lot of beef (6'8" 319 lbs, 6'4" 310 lbs, 6'7" 316 lbs, 6'1" 319 lbs) sandwiched around one 5'10" 192 lbs corner.

Let the draft come to you and simply take the best value in the trenches or the secondary in the first 3 rounds. If Solder was available at #31, that a much greater value than someone like Brandon Harris or Aaron Williams.

My only concern with Solder is that he sems to be a boom or bust pick. He still has alot to learn but fortunately we have a great coach now in Kugler. I still wouldn't expect him to contribute before 2013 as an every game starter. So we will have to listen to 2 years of members of this board calling him a bust.

I think I would prefer they go DB in Round 2 and DL in Round 3. I do like the Hurd pick because I think he will be ready to step in and play at Guard earlier than Solder could at OT. I've read in some place that Hurd may not make it past mid-Round 3.

RuthlessBurgher
04-04-2011, 03:47 PM

My only concern with Solder is that he sems to be a boom or bust pick. He still has alot to learn but fortunately we have a great coach now in Kugler. I still wouldn't expect him to contribute before 2013 as an every game starter. So we will have to listen to 2 years of members of this board calling him a bust.

I think I would prefer they go DB in Round 2 and DL in Round 3. I do like the Hurd pick because I think he will be ready to step in and play at Guard earlier than Solder could at OT. I've read in some place that Hurd may not make it past mid-Round 3.

This goes without saying. I think Maurkice Pouncey made the Pro Bowl as a rookie just to confuse us. It was first time in recent memory that Steeler fans were unable to call a draft pick a bust.

I would have liked to get one of the CB's in round 2 as well, but look at how it went down: 36. Aaron Williams 40. Brandon Harris 48. Ras-I Dowling 57. Brandon Burton 59. Davon House 62. Curtis Brown. There wasn't a CB left worthy of #63 in that draft (the next CB to come off the board was Chekwa at #85, who was the only CB drafted between our pick of Jenkins at #63 and Carmichael at #95).

Oviedo
04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Draft 101 has us doing the following:

1: B Ijalana, G, Villanova
2: C. Marsh, CB, Utah St
3: D. Murray, RB Oklahoma
4: W. Smith, OT, East Car.

I don't get the Projected Round 3 and 4 picks at all. Taking a RB in Round 3 is dumb and there are better OL in Round 4 than Smith. I watched Smith play UCF and Bruce Miller was giving him all he could handle. Jah Reid from UCF or Hurd from Conn. would be better.

http://www.nfldraft101.com/draft/mocks/ ... _Draft.jsp (http://www.nfldraft101.com/draft/mocks/125/1/Chris_Maier_Four_Round_2011_NFL_Mock_Draft_-_End_of_March_Mock_Draft.jsp)

ramblinjim
04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Ijalana in the first scares me. I know he dominated and he looked good but at Villanova who is that guy going up against in games? Nothing against the young man but that bothers me for a first rounder.