PDA

View Full Version : 2011 7 ROUND MOCK DRAFT FROM THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL REPORT

steelerkeylargo
04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... -7-rounds/ (http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/04/01/mock-draft-9-0-7-rounds/)

A week's work. Enjoy.

birtikidis
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I like it. The RB from Hawaii is surprising.. but I like it for the most part.

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Nice work overall. I struggle creating a 2 round mock draft myself.

To summarize, here is how it fell for the Steelers:

Seattle 1/25 to Pittsburgh for 1/31 & 3/95

1. Pittsburgh (12-4) from Seattle (7-9)-Mike Pouncey-OL-Florida-Pittsburgh knows Pouncey won’t make it by the next 5 teams. An OL 40% Pouncey will be a huge plus.

2. Pittsburgh* (12-4)-Rashad Carmichael-CB-VTU

4. Pittsburgh* (12-4)-Chris Carter-OLB-Fresno St.

5. Pittsburgh* (12-4)Alex Green-RB-Hawaii

6. Pittsburgh* (12-4)-Chykie Brown-CB-Texas

7. Pittsburgh* (12-4)-Chris Neild-DT-WVU

One question, though...why did you have Baltimore taking Henery with one of their two 5th round comp picks? Billy Cundiff had an insane 40 touchbacks (imagine what he'll do now that he gets to kick from 5 yards further up) and was 26-29 on FG's.

birtikidis
04-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I think instead of the rb from Hawaii i'd take the K from nebraska...

steelerkeylargo
04-01-2011, 04:11 PM

1. Pittsburgh (12-4) from Seattle (7-9)-Mike Pouncey-OL-Florida-Pittsburgh knows Pouncey won’t make it by the next 5 teams. An OL 40% Pouncey will be a huge plus.

One question, though...why did you have Baltimore taking Henery with one of their two 5th round comp picks? Billy Cundiff had an insane 40 touchbacks (imagine what he'll do now that he gets to kick from 5 yards further up) and was 26-29 on FG's.

I missed where Cundiff signed a new 5 year deal. Thought he was gonna be an FA. I will have to rework that one next time.

Oviedo
04-01-2011, 04:11 PM

I think I would take Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel before Chykie Brown in Round 6. Allen just seems to have more upside. I don't get the RB in Round 5 either over a developmental DE or even a TE.

steelerkeylargo
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM

I think Mewelde leaves via FA. Green is a great fit in his place. Very similar players.

birtikidis
04-01-2011, 04:28 PM

I think Mewelde leaves via FA. Green is a great fit in his place. Very similar players.
Yea I get the line of reasoning.. I just like Redman and Dwyer as the back ups... I'd rather take Devine in the 6th.,..
btw, did Dallas forget to turn in their pick in the 7th round? haha

steelerkeylargo
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
The Alex Green pick is totally a BPA meets need pick. He is a 4th round talent. There will be plenty of developmental players available as Priority Free Agents. Green is ready to contribute from year one.

steelerkeylargo
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Yea I get the line of reasoning.. I just like Redman and Dwyer as the back ups... I'd rather take Devine in the 6th.,..

Understandable. Green is just a different type of Back than Redman and Dwyer who are downhill types. Green is a slasher and great receiver.

The Dallas pick was forfeited for tampering.

birtikidis
04-01-2011, 04:46 PM

Understandable. Green is just a different type of Back than Redman and Dwyer who are downhill types. Green is a slasher and great receiver.

The Dallas pick was forfeited for tampering.
Dolt, guess I missed that...

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Green is just a different type of Back than Redman and Dwyer who are downhill types. Green is a slasher and great receiver.

Alex Green led the nation with an 8.2 YPC average while scoring 15 TDs. he ran a 4.45 40 at the Combine and has excellent cutting ability and soft hands catching the ball out of the backfield.

I heard an interview with Green recently and he said the Rams have shown the most interest so far. we're really going to miss him here in Hawaii next season...

Shawn
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I like what I seen from Green's highlight reel. I will say though most of his big runs came when his OL blew up the DL...large gaping holes. With that said, he seems shifty enough, and while not really a powerful back for his size he will break arm tackles. He seems to have good vision and soft hands.

If facing the choice between Devine and Green it would be a tough one for me. I don't think Devine is a 3rd down back. He is a change of pace back. I think Devine has alot of upside. I think Green has less upside but has less chance to bust out. He should make a solid 3rd down back.