PDA

View Full Version : "I wish we had a quarterback like Ben"

rpmpit
04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
FINALLY had my new countertops installed this morning. The company who did the install is from down South Jersey near Philly. One of the guy had an Eagles hat on and I asked him how he felt about Vick. He said he didn't really expect them to sign him long term. He also said that they weren't too upset Donovan left and would be happy to see Reid go too. Said the owner loves the guy and that probably won't ever happen no matter how many NFC Championships the guy loses.

So I said its been a tough year with Ben's suspension, the fines on Harrison and then ultimately the loss in the SB. So the guy says, "I wish we had a quarterback like Ben."

So regardless of what some of us think of him. The behavior, the mistakes, holding the ball too long, the Super Bowl loss, etc. - most fans would kill to have him as their qb.

birtikidis
04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
FINALLY had my new countertops installed this morning. The company who did the install is from down South Jersey near Philly. One of the guy had an Eagles hat on and I asked him how he felt about Vick. He said he didn't really expect them to sign him long term. He also said that they weren't too upset Donovan left and would be happy to see Reid go too. Said the owner loves the guy and that probably won't ever happen no matter how many NFC Championships the guy loses.

So I said its been a tough year with Ben's suspension, the fines on Harrison and then ultimately the loss in the SB. So the guy says, "I wish we had a quarterback like Ben."

So regardless of what some of us think of him. The behavior, the mistakes, holding the ball too long, the Super Bowl loss, etc. - most fans would kill to have him as their qb.
I love Ben.. Think he's the perfect qb for our team.

Flasteel
04-01-2011, 03:23 PM
The Ben-haters can suck it!
:Boobs :Boobs :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Other teams fans who say we only win because of defense and the running game are stupid. Steeler fans who endlessly complain about how long Ben holds onto the ball, etc. are spoiled. Knowledgeable NFL fans realize Ben's worth. Just sit back and enjoy the ride he takes you on, as Pappy might say.

birtikidis
04-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Other teams fans who say we only win because of defense and the running game are stupid. Steeler fans who endlessly complain about how long Ben holds onto the ball, etc. are spoiled. Knowledgeable NFL fans realize Ben's worth. Just sit back and enjoy the ride he takes you on, as Pappy might say.
Hey we have a great defense... don't take that away. I'd like to give him a little more protection and see him crush everyone though.

BackwoodsSteeler
04-01-2011, 05:24 PM

I used to post on an all nfl board. The Eagles fans LOVED and DEFENDED McNabb until he was traded. Then they were saying the same thing as many of us non-eagle fans had been saying for a few years.....he will never win a ring....he is an over-blown choke artist......he is a media darling.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I used to post on an all nfl board. The Eagles fans LOVED and DEFENDED McNabb until he was traded. Then they were saying the same thing as many of us non-eagle fans had been saying for a few years.....he will never win a ring....he is an over-blown choke artist......he is a media darling.

I certainly wouldn't want a guy leading my team who pukes under pressure...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2006/10/medium_mcnabbpukes.jpg

Discipline of Steel
04-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I certainly wouldn't want a guy leading my team who pukes under pressure...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2006/10/medium_mcnabbpukes.jpg

I cant hold this against any player, sometimes extreme exertion cause cause this reaction. I know Ive puked before when i was giving it my all.