PDA

View Full Version : Finally some injury news....Max Starks

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-29-2011, 10:39 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/03/st ... n-arizona/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/03/steelers-lt-max-starks-medically-cleared-back-training-in-arizona/)

Seems that you can't cut Steelers Depot stuff but it says that he has been cleared and has begun training. Good News!!

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2011, 12:47 AM
good news

if he has no set backs, i think we can avoid the OT position in the draft

Max & flozell/willie as starters
J scott as the swing OT

hills and scott as developing guys

hawaiiansteel
03-30-2011, 01:23 AM
good news

J scott as the swing OT

I agree with what you're saying but still think we'll draft a mid to late round RT prospect like Marcus Gilbert or Chris Hairston...Tony Hills sucks and Willie Colon is most likely a Steeler for at the most one more season.

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2011, 02:15 AM
the last we saw of hills, he played pretty well IIRC in a couple of pre season games

hawaiiansteel
03-30-2011, 02:22 AM
the last we saw of hills, he played pretty well IIRC in a couple of pre season games

what worries me about Hills is that in spite of all the injuries we had at OT, we still never got to see him play...what does that tell you?

Oviedo
03-30-2011, 08:15 AM
good news

J scott as the swing OT

I agree with what you're saying but still think we'll draft a mid to late round RT prospect like Marcus Gilbert or Chris Hairston...Tony Hills sucks and Willie Colon is most likely a Steeler for at the most one more season.

...or Jah Reid, OT, UCF.

I still think we need to start to get ready for the future now. We likely will never have a bad enough season that we get a chance to get a top OT. Therefore we need to get guys Kugler can develop. I'd go with Marcus Cannon early and Jah Reid later.

I agree with Hawaiian. If Hills had anything he would have gotten a chance last year. Time to cut our losses with him and move on.

Chris Scott is the player who is the real wildcard. They put him on PUP instead of IR for a reason. He must have shown something they really liked.

flippy
03-30-2011, 08:28 AM
All of a sudden our line looks like it has loads of potential to me.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this unit. I thought Scott started playing so well at the end of last season, that we could consider moving Max back to the right side if needed.

Legursky looked great at Center in the playoffs and I wonder if we could use him there and Pouncey at gaurd? Could Pouncey move to LG and we use him to pull/lead the running game from that spot for us? Bronko is built to handle the meat in the middle and Pouncey has the speed/athleticism to be a terrific LG.

The only lineman I'm a bit down on is Kemo. He has flashes of brilliance, but then loses his head most of the time.

I think our best potential SuperBowl line could be Starks - Pouncey I - Bronko - Pouncey II - Adams.

I wish we had more insight into what's gonna happen with Adams/Colon.

calmkiller
03-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Steelers LT Max Starks Medically Cleared & Back Training In Arizona

Steelers left tackle Max Starks has been cleared by doctors following his mid-season neck surgery and is back training at Athletes Performance center in Phoenix, Arizona. Starks told Solomon Wilcots on the Sirius NFL radio show, Late Hits, that his neck feels great and he is indeed back training out in Arizona. Starks suffered stingers in his neck during the Steelers week 9 win over the Bengals and needed surgery to repair a disc injury in his neck. He was placed on injured reserve and missed the rest of the season. Starks is signed through 2012 and is a former third-round draft pick of the Steelers in 2004 out of Florida.

sentinel33
03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
No question we still have to land an OT. I don't care when we have to burn a pick to get one, either. Adams has only the 2011 season left(if we are lucky). Who comes in behind him? Maybe Colon, but he gets only this season to prove that he is 100% recovered from his achilles injury. Names like Essex, Foster and Scott arent as comforting as some of these prospects coming up in the draft. I'm really hoping for Pouncey in the 1st OR Cannon in the 2nd OR Love in the 3rd. I don't offer a contract to Kemo when his current one is up. The team can do better than him. Yeah, size is nice, but he commits too many penaltys for a veteran lineman. I thought he would be better than this by now.

As for Starks-Great News!

Starks-Kemoeatu-Pouncey-Cannon-Adams. H.U.G.E.!!!

MeetJoeGreene
03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
good news

J scott as the swing OT

...or Jah Reid, OT, UCF.

I still think we need to start to get ready for the future now. We likely will never have a bad enough season that we get a chance to get a top OT. Therefore we need to get guys Kugler can develop. I'd go with Marcus Cannon early and Jah Reid later.

I agree with Hawaiian. If Hills had anything he would have gotten a chance last year. Time to cut our losses with him and move on.

Chris Scott is the player who is the real wildcard. They put him on PUP instead of IR for a reason. He must have shown something they really liked.

A couple of things.

..its funny how many UCF players you get stiffies for. :D :tt1
.. I agree w/ most every other point you made, BUT I am not going to get too excited about C Scott.

birtikidis
03-30-2011, 11:43 AM
good news

J scott as the swing OT

...or Jah Reid, OT, UCF.

A couple of things.

.. I agree w/ most every other point you made, BUT I am not going to get too excited about C Scott.
The guy I see as the wild card is Foster. Kid got playing time, has experience now. we know he has to have good mobility, or at least adequate considering he played some guard. He's a natural RT...

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2011, 12:11 PM

what worries me about Hills is that in spite of all the injuries we had at OT, we still never got to see him play...what does that tell you?

J scott was always ahead of him and had starting experience. flozell was brought in before he showed well in those preseason games.

as far as not being dressed on gameday. the staff seems to like position flexibility in their reserves. maybe all he's ever played is left tackle. if he can play LT reasonably well, i dont care if he cant be mediocre at best playing guard like essex

BradshawsHairdresser
03-30-2011, 12:17 PM
good news

We've avoided the position for long enough. If we have injuries at tackle again, I'd like to see better than Trai Essex and Jonathan Scott.

Oviedo
03-30-2011, 12:26 PM
good news

J scott as the swing OT

...or Jah Reid, OT, UCF.

A couple of things.

SKL likes Reid too so it's not just me. Not saying take him early but if he lasts until our pick in Round 4 he would be a good developmental OL.

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2011, 12:58 PM
i think the chances of 'moving' puncey to OG is zero.

why would we move someone who made the pro bowl in his rookie year to another position?

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2011, 01:12 PM
good news

J scott as the swing OT

...or Jah Reid, OT, UCF.

A couple of things.

You are supposed to get stiffies for the girls at UCF, not the football players. :Boobs :wink:

Oviedo
03-30-2011, 01:16 PM
good news

J scott as the swing OT

...or Jah Reid, OT, UCF.

A couple of things.

You are supposed to get stiffies for the girls at UCF, not the football players. :Boobs :wink:

Trust me that isn't a problem with about 30,000 of them and the weather heating up :wink: