PDA

View Full Version : Pre-draft visit -- Phil Taylor & Rodney Hudson

PSU_dropout43
03-26-2011, 08:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-tracker/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/09/2011-draft-visits-and-workouts-tracker/)

addition
Phil Taylor
Rodney Hudson

hawaiiansteel
03-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Phil Taylor to visit Jets, Steelers, Browns, five others

Baylor nose guard in high demand

by Aaron Wilson
MARCH 26, 2011

Massive Baylor nose guard Phil Taylor has eight upcoming official visits, including the New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers and the New Orleans Saints, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Taylor conducted three private workouts this week with the Browns, Chiefs and an undisclosed AFC playoff team.

Taylor is regarded as a rising prospect on draft boards, especially after the Senior Bowl where he shoved around blockers.

Taylor is a big, strong anchor at 6-foot-3, 334 pounds.

At the scouting combine, he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.09 seconds and bench pressed 225 pounds 31 times.

Taylor recorded 62 tackles, seven for losses and two sacks last season and was named second-team All-Big 12.

Taylor transferrred from Penn State after being suspended after a fight at the student union during a fraternity function.

A felony aggravated assault charge was eventually dropped, and Taylor didn't get into any trouble at Baylor and was named to the Big 12 Commissioner's honor roll.

During his first season in Waco, Taylor recorded 25 tackles 2 1/2 for losses, a half-sack, one interception and two blocked kicks.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Phi ... thers.html

focosteeler
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM
i dont think there is any way he gets passed KC

MaxAMillion
03-27-2011, 11:06 AM
He definitely won't get past the Jets

PSU_dropout43
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
add Rodney Hudson.

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2011, 02:23 AM
add Rodney Hudson.

Rodney Hudson may have the best technique of any OL in this draft, I'll bet you Kugler would love to have a guy like Hudson to work with...

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2011, 09:13 AM
add Rodney Hudson.

Rodney Hudson may have the best technique of any OL in this draft, I'll bet you Kugler would love to have a guy like Hudson to work with...

His size throws me off, though. When I see Doug Legursky standing among the likes of behemoths like Flozell Adams, Max Starks, and Chris Kemoeatu, he looks tiny. Well, Legursky is 15 lbs heavier than Hudson is.

Oviedo
03-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Taylor at #31 would be great.

No interest in Hudson.

grotonsteel
03-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Are they looking at Hudson in Rd 2??

steelblood
03-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I have to agree with Oviedo. I definitely don't want to consider Hudson in the 1st round.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-29-2011, 10:58 AM
What to do with Phil Taylor?

Would you move him into the NT spot? Do you take Hampton off the field? Could he play some kind of hybrid DL position like Ngata? Does he play end?

That would be quite the fun situation for the mad scientist Lebeau to have.

sentinel33
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
The only Guard The Steelers should be considering in Round 1 is Pouncey. And that is only because of his pedigree. There are better DE's/OT's/CB's to be had for value in round one than a guard. But this isnt me worryin. The Steelers always nail the first 2-3 rounds for the most part. I'm sure they'll get it right again. I just go into the draft just like every year-Hoping that a BPA is also a need filler.

Oviedo
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
The only Guard The Steelers should be considering in Round 1 is Pouncey. And that is only because of his pedigree. There are better DE's/OT's/CB's to be had for value in round one than a guard. But this isnt me worryin. The Steelers always nail the first 2-3 rounds for the most part. I'm sure they'll get it right again. I just go into the draft just like every year-Hoping that a BPA is also a need filler.

At #31 I would not hesitate to consider Marcus Cannon. You get a starting Guard who will be able to move outside to RT. Even Pouncey II won't be able to do that.

I think Cannon is #31 worthy and would fill both an immediate and long term need.

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
What to do with Phil Taylor?

Would you move him into the NT spot? Do you take Hampton off the field? Could he play some kind of hybrid DL position like Ngata? Does he play end?

That would be quite the fun situation for the mad scientist Lebeau to have.

Phil Taylor would be a pick for the future. Snack turns 34 in September and Hoke turns 35 next week. If we drafted Taylor, we may not re-sign Hoke, who is an UFA. If we do re-sign him, he has shown that he can also fill in at DE occassionally as needed. You could have Hampton backed up by Taylor, and Keisel and Hood backed up by Smith and Hoke. That would be a heck of a d-line rotation. Use Hood-Hampton-Keisel as our starters in the 3-4, and maybe use Woodley-Smith-Taylor-Harrison as our 4 man front in nickel and dime packages. Everyone would be fresh. The two young bucks would make sure our 30-somethings don't get worn down.

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Florida T Marcus Gilbert & FSU G Rodney Hudson Reportedly Will Visit Steelers

Two offensive lineman who played their college ball in the state of Florida will reportedly make pre-draft visits to Pittsburgh as Florida tackle Marcus Gilbert and Florida State guard Rodney Hudson reportedly have visits scheduled to the South Side. Gilbert played both tackle positions for the University of Florida this past season and made 30 career starts for the Gators, including all 13 games in 2010. Hudson was a four-year starter for the Seminoles at guard and projects as a guard/center type at the next level. Gilbert is projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick while Hudson is projected to be drafted sometime in the 2nd round.

POSTED BY DAVE BRYAN ON MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2011

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/03/fl ... -steelers/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/03/florida-t-marcus-gilbert-fsu-g-rodney-hudson-reportedly-will-visit-steelers/)

focosteeler
03-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Question for you guys, if phil taylor made it to 25 and all the 1st round tackles, DE and pouncey and corners were gone...would you be ok with us trading with seattle to get him? Or rather trade back to early second

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Question for you guys, if phil taylor made it to 25 and all the 1st round tackles, DE and pouncey and corners were gone...would you be ok with us trading with seattle to get him? Or rather trade back to early second

I would not want to give up our 1st and 3rd for Phil Taylor.

I would much rather trade down and pick up extra draft choices in a very deep draft and in a year when draft picks are possibly more valuable than ever.

Shawn
03-29-2011, 07:43 PM

Absolutely.

Chadman
03-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Is Phil Taylor a lock to be worthy of 2 draft picks?

Personal choice, but Chadman would be reluctant to give up picks for him. He's a fine player- and possibly worthy of #31- but worthy of the 3rd round selection as well?

Is he Casey Hampton + Mike Wallace worthy?

Shawn
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM

Personal choice, but Chadman would be reluctant to give up picks for him. He's a fine player- and possibly worthy of #31- but worthy of the 3rd round selection as well?

No, but he is Jermaine Stephens + Bruce Davis worthy. :D

focosteeler
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM

that is the question....if only i could see into the future...i would be one bad a$$ GM

Chadman
03-29-2011, 09:02 PM
It's all a gamble in the end...but risk/reward for Taylor doesn't seem right to give up 2 picks for him.

Chadman could be WAY off though- it has happened before.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM

Shawn.........

You would be Stephens and Davis worthy. :lol:

Chadman
03-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Chadman would trade Shawn, Jamain Stephens & Bruce Davis for a 6th round pick.

Shawn would probably draw the strength of the trade value.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Add Florida T Marcus Gilbert to the list:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/03/fl ... -steelers/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/03/florida-t-marcus-gilbert-fsu-g-rodney-hudson-reportedly-will-visit-steelers/)

Chadman
03-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Got bagged for suggesting Gilbert as a 2nd round pick- but he's a long term starter- played both OT positions & has familiarity with one Maurkice Pouncey.

His body size/shape is very similar to Max Starks.

If he was the 2nd round pick, Chadman could happily live with that.

Shawn
03-30-2011, 02:51 AM
Chadman would trade Shawn, Jamain Stephens & Bruce Davis for a 6th round pick.

Shawn would probably draw the strength of the trade value.

My wife would probably trade me for a pudding pop and foot rub. :| :lol:

Shawn
03-30-2011, 02:57 AM

Shawn.........

You would be Stephens and Davis worthy. :lol:

You have a point.