PDA

View Full Version : Just spoke with a Scout friend of mine....

steelerkeylargo
03-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Don't be surprised if the Steeler's can't make a deal they like to get Pouncey that they stay where they are at and take Rodney Hudson.

I would be totally fine with that.

Shawn
03-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah Hudson would be just fine by me.

StarSpangledSteeler
03-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Not me. 2nd round prospect.

NJ-STEELER
03-26-2011, 12:00 AM
i've checked a couple of sites and they have hudson going close to where we pick in the 2nd round

Shawn
03-26-2011, 12:58 AM
I believe those mocks are ignoring the fact that Hudson is probably every bit as skilled as Pouncey. Why he won't be the first Guard off the board is probably strickly related to size.

hawaiiansteel
03-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Rodney Hudson is better suited to play center.

we've already got one of those and he's pretty good...

Shawn
03-26-2011, 02:50 AM

From a skill set or because of his size?

steelblood
03-26-2011, 12:44 PM
I kind of lean toward taking Cannon over Hudson as he can dominate with his size and could play RT as well as guard. I don't know if Hudson or Cannon is a first round talent though.

Steel Life
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
I kind of lean toward taking Cannon over Hudson as he can dominate with his size and could play RT as well as guard. I don't know if Hudson or Cannon is a first round talent though.
I agree with both Hawaiian & Steelblood...Hudson just seems like a Jeff Saturday type & we're set at Center. Cannon offers the positional flexibility that Tomlin treasures & has the kind of upside to anchor the RT spot after learning a year from Flozell.

hawaiiansteel
03-26-2011, 02:10 PM

From a skill set or because of his size?

even Rick Trickett, the FSU offensive line coach, thinks Hudson will play center in the NFL and that's where most NFL teams have Hudson projected to play.

Hudson may have the best technique of any OL in this draft, but at under 300 lbs (his playing weight at FSU was 290) he will most likely be moved to center.

SteelBucks
03-26-2011, 03:55 PM
If that's the case, trade down. Hudson can be had in the 2nd.

birtikidis
03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
SKL you hedging your bet?

steelerkeylargo
03-28-2011, 02:40 PM

No. Just passing along some info. I wouldn't be surprised a bit. Hudson can play any interior line spot and will be a long time NFL starter.

Oviedo
03-28-2011, 02:43 PM

:Agree X 10

Cannon will provide much more than Hudson and I would not hesitate to take him at #31.

birtikidis
03-28-2011, 02:59 PM

No. Just passing along some info. I wouldn't be surprised a bit. Hudson can play any interior line spot and will be a long time NFL starter.
lol, I was just figuring you may be considering you posted earlier that they want to go up. Gotta love all the sneaky $hit these teams try to pull lol

steelerkeylargo
03-28-2011, 03:02 PM

lol, I was just figuring you may be considering you posted earlier that they want to go up. Gotta love all the sneaky $hit these teams try to pull lol

I think they do want to go up and get Pouncey. I just don't know if they will find a partner and a deal they like.

This team doesn't need 7 draft picks.

birtikidis
03-28-2011, 03:04 PM
SKL, I totally agree with both of those statements. absolutely.