PDA

View Full Version : Fans Unite and Go on Strike

flippy
03-17-2011, 01:21 PM
This is a call to all NFL fans to cancel your NFL season tickets.

The owners are locking out. The players want more money. Goodell is turning the game into a ballet. And we fans are left holding the bag.

Screw it. I will never spend another dollar on a ticket to an NFL game. I will never buy another piece of merchandise from the NFL.

I will not waste another hard earned dollar from McD's on these rich bastages!!!!!!

Join me in my boycott!!!!!!

Subject to be canceled on a whim of course :)

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
We sent in a $1630 check to be eligible for the season ticket holder Super Bowl lottery, which we did not get this time. That money remains in our account, so my season tix have already been paid for.

Steelgal
03-17-2011, 01:41 PM
For me this isn't as much to do with the lockout, as it is the way the game is changing. Every year the rules added are to hurt the defense and help the Manning/Brady's of the game and I'm sick of it. I have never watched the Arena league and never will. The rate the NFL is changing, it will be just that in a year or two.

Chadman
03-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Chadman's with you! Won't buy a season ticket this year....

:D

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Quite the sacrifice...how noble you are...Although for what it would cost you in air fare to go to all the games, I could likely buy a luxury suite.

fordfixer
03-17-2011, 07:24 PM
International Series 2011 -Pittsgurgh Steelers vs NY Jest
The 2012 NFL International Series game will see the Pittsgurgh Steelers take on the NY Jets at on Sunday 28th October 2012.

The NFL have confirmed that Brisbane, Australia will host at least one regular season game for two seasons, starting with the New Orleans Saints versus the San Diego Chargers in October 2011 and running through to the 2012 season, which will see the Pittsgurgh Steelers vs NY Jets.

With the popularity of American Football in Australia is bigger than ever before, demand for has surpassed all expectations with over half a million people having applied for tickets. The first sale of tickets will happen in May during June.

The game between the Pittsgurgh Steelers take on the NY Jets is expected to be a sell out for the fourth year running and confirmation from the NFL about a game in 2013 is expected to be announced before the end of the year.

Not really :lol: :lol:

Chadman
03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
The Posters!
United!
Will never be defeated!

Chadman
03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
The 2012 NFL International Series game will see the Pittsgurgh Steelers take on the NY Jets at on Sunday 28th October 2012.

The NFL have confirmed that Brisbane, Australia will host at least one regular season game for two seasons, starting with the New Orleans Saints versus the San Diego Chargers in October 2011 and running through to the 2012 season, which will see the Pittsgurgh Steelers vs NY Jets.

With the popularity of American Football in Australia is bigger than ever before, demand for has surpassed all expectations with over half a million people having applied for tickets. The first sale of tickets will happen in May during June.

The game between the Pittsgurgh Steelers take on the NY Jets is expected to be a sell out for the fourth year running and confirmation from the NFL about a game in 2013 is expected to be announced before the end of the year.

Half a million tickets sold?

Are there even half a million people in Australia??

:D :D

fordfixer
03-17-2011, 07:36 PM

21,874,900 As of 2009 :D

RuthlessBurgher
03-18-2011, 09:09 AM

300,000 tickets were purchased by kangaroos. :wink:

flippy
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Flippy and Chadman sound like a formidable duo to take on the NFL. I hope there's more of you that can join us.

I'm also replacing my direct tv with an antenna, Hulu, and Netflix. DirectTV has done a deal with the devil in my eyes and I'm no longer supporting them either.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for some great UFL action.

birtikidis
03-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Flippy and Chadman sound like a formidable duo to take on the NFL. I hope there's more of you that can join us.

I'm also replacing my direct tv with an antenna, Hulu, and Netflix. DirectTV has done a deal with the devil in my eyes and I'm no longer supporting them either.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for some great UFL action.
Flippy, I'm just gonna cruise down to my local steeler bar and support them. watch it on their projectors and watch that way. i'm tired of the NFL and all the crap they're doing these days.

hawaiiansteel
03-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I'll bet very few, if any Steelers' season ticket holders won't be sending in their $...

Steelers: Season-ticket payments due as normal

By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Steelers expect fans to make season-ticket payments for the 2011 season, even though it could be wiped out by the NFL lockout.

In a letter to season-ticket holders, team president Art Rooney II said "payments are due, consistent with past practices."

Ticket payments are due in full by May 2.

"If games are lost to a work stoppage, we will provide refunds for any games cancelled," Rooney said in the letter.

The Steelers, coming off a loss to the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV, did not raise ticket prices for 2011. The team also did not raise prices after playing in Super Bowls XL and XLIII.

The New York Giants announced this week that they would not require season-ticket holders to make payments until the lockout ends.

Giants president and CEO John Mara told listeners on WFAN-AM in New York that a letter would go out to season-ticket holders next week that will give them the option of paying in full by May 1 or waiting until there is a new collective bargaining agreement in place with the players.

Of the NFL's 32 teams, the Giants are the only ones to allow fans to withhold season-ticket payments, according to a Twitter survey Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter conducted.

"As we begin our preparations for the 2011 season, unfortunately there is the potential of a league-wide work stoppage," Rooney said in his letter. "We remain confident that owners and the players' association will reach an agreement before the 2011 schedule will be impacted."

The Steelers' home schedule includes games against New England, Jacksonville, Tennessee, St. Louis, Seattle and AFC North rivals Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1H4Dx0aSJ (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_728138.html#ixzz1H4Dx0aSJ)