Rd 2: Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
Rd 3: Jalil Brown, CB, Colo
Rd 4: Jah Reid, OT, UCF
Rd 5: David Carter, DE, UCLA
Rd 6: Chris Nield, DT, W Va
Rd 7: Bruce Miller, LB, UCF

steelerkeylargo
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Give me Pouncey or Hudson instead of Baldwin and I am onboard.

Oviedo
03-17-2011, 01:24 PM

I think Pouncey will be gone and is Hudson really a Round 1 pick. I don't think he can maintain 300+lbs for an entire season

fordfixer
03-17-2011, 06:51 PM
What no kicker?

steelerkeylargo
03-18-2011, 02:00 AM

I think Pouncey will be gone and is Hudson really a Round 1 pick. I don't think he can maintain 300+lbs for an entire season

I honestly don't care if he plays at 290 or 310 the dude is technically as sound as any lineman in the draft.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2011, 03:14 AM

I honestly don't care if he plays at 290 or 310 the dude is technically as sound as any lineman in the draft.

I think the Steelers like Hudson's versatility, but he'll definitely be playing guard for us...we've got this guy here already who is pretty good and plays center. :tt2

Wednesday, March 16, 1:31 p.m.

Quarterback Christian Ponder had another fine throwing session at Florida State's pro day. Ponder, who has been hampered by injuries since the middle of his junior season, is a sure good bet to be selected in the middle of round two.

Rodney Hudson sat on his combine marks but looked good in drills. The offensive guard is projected to center by most teams and could come off the board late in the second frame.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... z1GvPl13JN (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/nfl-draft-pro-days-2011/index.html#ixzz1GvPl13JN)

steelblood
03-18-2011, 07:39 AM
From sunny Florida

Rd 1: Jon Baldwin, WR, Pitt

Baldwin - If you showed this to me a month ago, I might have liked it. Now, I'm just okay with it. From Baldwin's Pro Day: "3/17/11: Jonathan Baldwin caught every pass at his Pro Day (he also stood on his Combine numbers), but looked stiff and tight in the drills. The Sporting News even went as far to say that Baldwin going in the first round is "crazy talk."" (WalterFootball.com) This isn't the first I've heard that Baldwin is too stiff. This concerns me because we already have one starting WR who is a little stiff and doesn't run routes. Most scouts agree that Baldwin is not hard-working and has some attitude. I've also heard that he displays no burst and, despite his size, has trouble beating the jam. I've watched him play and was generally impressed with his effort. But, he threw Wannstadt under the bus after the season and that won't sit well with Steeler executives. He is seeming like a risky pick.

Burton - I thought he did a decent job against Baldwin. He has everything that you want in a corner except strength/toughness. Good pick.

Brown - Great corner for our system. Tough, physical kid who lacks recovery speed, but plays well with the action in front of him. He'll need safety help. Speaking of safety, could he play FS?

Jah Reid - This is an interesting dude. He is tough and gets the job done. He is an average athlete though. Is he a RT or a RG?

Neild - A tough plugger in the sixth round. Sounds good.

Oviedo
03-18-2011, 08:11 AM
From sunny Florida

Rd 1: Jon Baldwin, WR, Pitt

Baldwin - If you showed this to me a month ago, I might have liked it. Now, I'm just okay with it. From Baldwin's Pro Day: "3/17/11: Jonathan Baldwin caught every pass at his Pro Day (he also stood on his Combine numbers), but looked stiff and tight in the drills. The Sporting News even went as far to say that Baldwin going in the first round is "crazy talk."" (WalterFootball.com) This isn't the first I've heard that Baldwin is too stiff. This concerns me because we already have one starting WR who is a little stiff and doesn't run routes. Most scouts agree that Baldwin is not hard-working and has some attitude. I've also heard that he displays no burst and, despite his size, has trouble beating the jam. I've watched him play and was generally impressed with his effort. But, he threw Wannstadt under the bus after the season and that won't sit well with Steeler executives. He is seeming like a risky pick.

Burton - I thought he did a decent job against Baldwin. He has everything that you want in a corner except strength/toughness. Good pick.

Brown - Great corner for our system. Tough, physical kid who lacks recovery speed, but plays well with the action in front of him. He'll need safety help. Speaking of safety, could he play FS?

Jah Reid - This is an interesting dude. He is tough and gets the job done. He is an average athlete though. Is he a RT or a RG?

Reid is a guy you could put at RT for the next 10 years. he is huge and very athletic. Think of a younger version of Flo Adams but obviously not yet at Adams' skill level.

I still think Baldwin can be one of those guys who may not test well but he can be a game changer.

Oviedo
03-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Latest from McShay has us taking Orlando Franklin at #31 :wft

I've seen Franklin rated everywhere as a late 2 (at best) or a Round 3 pick.

Pittsburgh SteelersRecord: 12-4 | Top needs: OT/OG, CB, NT, WR, TE
Orlando Franklin, OG, Miami (FL)Cornerback is a possibility here but Smith might be too much of a character risk, and Aaron Williams of Texas might be better at safety. There are also other options among offensive linemen but Franklin has experience playing guard and tackle, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and employs the kind of physical style the Steelers look for in their offensive linemen.

RuthlessBurgher
03-18-2011, 09:25 AM

Orlando Franklin, OG, Miami (FL)Cornerback is a possibility here but Smith might be too much of a character risk, and Aaron Williams of Texas might be better at safety. There are also other options among offensive linemen but Franklin has experience playing guard and tackle, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and employs the kind of physical style the Steelers look for in their offensive linemen.

Luckily for us, Todd McShay sucks.

Oviedo
03-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Luckily for us, Todd McShay sucks.

:Agree

NJ-STEELER
03-18-2011, 12:47 PM
baldwin seemed to look stiff to me too in the couple of Pitt games i caught this year

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2011, 02:13 PM

looks like Neild is moving up draft boards and won't last until the 6th round...

Thursday, March 17 - West Virginia Pro Day

It was a quick day in Morgantown, W.V., in more ways than one. The Mountaineers just finished their pro day and there were several outstanding performances.

Running back Noel Devine, who was unable to run at the combine due to a leg injury, timed 4.43 in the 40. This was a solid not spectacular time for a skill player who measured 5-feet-7 and 174 pounds in Indianapolis.

Defensive lineman Chris Neild looked terrific all day. He timed 5.09 in the 40, slightly improved over his average times from the combine. Neild then impressed scouts during position drills, looking fluid and smooth. With all the talent available on the defensive line in April's draft, Neild is truly one of the position's best kept secrets. He tested better than expected, plays with a blue collar mentality and has all the nuances teams want in a starting nose tackle for the NFL. Look for him to be off the board somewhere in round three.

On the other hand, safety Robert Sands continues to struggle. A slider after his combine performance, Sands looked stiff and slow today in all his drills. Despite a poor safety class, Sands will ultimately drop later in the draft than most are predicting.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... z1GvNov8Jp