Green Bay Packers (106)

papillon
03-14-2011, 04:07 PM
That is an excellent mock draft.

Pappy

Oviedo
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Wishful thinking???????

I wonder if the Ravens are going to bamboozle us with rumors into giving up a Round 3 pick to jump infront of them to get Pouncey. I hope we sit tight and let the cards play the way they are dealt.

birtikidis
03-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I think the Bears are the team to watch out for. The Ravens won't take Pouncey..... I think we need to trade up.

hawaiiansteel
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
I think the Bears are the team to watch out for. The Ravens won't take Pouncey..... I think we need to trade up.

we would need to give up our 4th and 6th round picks to trade in front of the Bears to #28...

birtikidis
03-14-2011, 05:08 PM

we would need to give up our 4th and 6th round picks to trade in front of the Bears to #28...
fine with me. how many 4th and 6th round picks stick around? I'd rather have a guy that would spend the next 10 years protecting my qb and actually being a quality starter... rather than some bum that we had to bump inside because we forgot that we didn't have more than 1 guard on the team.

Flasteel
03-14-2011, 07:49 PM

No problem with that from me either. Granted, Birt and I are both Gator fans, but I agree with his assessment completely. :D

birtikidis
03-14-2011, 07:50 PM

No problem with that from me either. Granted, Birt and I are both Gator fans, but I agree with his assessment completely. :D
Not only is he well educated, Flasteel has a reputation as being a rather handsome guy.

Flasteel
03-14-2011, 08:07 PM

Not only is he well educated, Flasteel has a reputation as being a rather handsome guy.

Don't forget mechanically inclined, built like a tank, and well hung! :D

birtikidis
03-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Fl, that's the rep you have with all the USF sorority girls anyway.

Chadman
03-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Anyone seen how many FA's are on the Ravens OL?

They'll be taking OL in the 1st, Chadman thinks..

hawaiiansteel
03-15-2011, 03:02 AM

Don't forget mechanically inclined, built like a tank, and well hung! :D

come on Flasteel, tell the truth...

you're not really mechanically inclined, are you? :D

flippy
03-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Maybe the NFLPA can issue a statement (since they are calling the shots) that no team other than the Steelers may draft Mike Pouncey. That way, we can take him in the 7th round.

steelblood
03-15-2011, 10:51 AM
That draft worked out very well for us!

grotonsteel
03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Nice draft but if rookie pay scale is put in place then i believe Cam Newton and Ryan Mallet may end up Top-10.

I think Bengals might draft a QB if Palmer retires.

Great draft pick for Steelers though..

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Three of their top four corners are also scheduled the become free agents as well (Fabian Washington, Josh Wilson, and Chris Carr).

StarSpangledSteeler
03-15-2011, 01:55 PM

The Ravens are obsessed with the Steelers. Not only are they extremely emotional when it comes to our success, they try to use our team as a blueprint on how to build their team. For all those years, they spent all their money on defense, and hoped their QB could just manage the game. The Steelers move to a 3-4, the Ravens move to a 3-4. The Steelers draft a franchise QB early, the Ravens draft a franchise QB early. The Steelers draft Mendenhall, the Ravens draft Rice. The Steelers need an OT, the Ravens trade up to draft Oher. After the success we had with Pouncey, there is no doubt in my mind, the Ravens are seriously considering drafting his brother. I highly doubt Mike slips past them.

Oviedo
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM

The Ravens are obsessed with the Steelers. Not only are they extremely emotional when it comes to our success, they try to use our team as a blueprint on how to build their team. For all those years, they spent all their money on defense, and hoped their QB could just manage the game. The Steelers move to a 3-4, the Ravens move to a 3-4. The Steelers draft a franchise QB early, the Ravens draft a franchise QB early. The Steelers draft Mendenhall, the Ravens draft Rice. The Steelers need an OT, the Ravens trade up to draft Oher. After the success we had with Pouncey, there is no doubt in my mind, the Ravens are seriously considering drafting his brother. I highly doubt Mike slips past them.

If not for the serious issue they have in their secondary, like us, I would agree. They also have the issue with Gaither on their OL.