PDA

View Full Version : Meet John Moffitt

steelerkeylargo
03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... n-moffitt/ (http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/02/23/2011-nfl-draft-profile-john-moffitt/)

Oviedo
03-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Guard in Round 3. That sounds about right.

Whose better Moffitt or Hurd??????

steelerkeylargo
03-09-2011, 06:03 PM

I think Moffitt is a more pro ready guy with good technique. Hurd is a raw mauler with Tackle size.

birtikidis
03-09-2011, 06:58 PM

I think Moffitt is a more pro ready guy with good technique. Hurd is a raw mauler with Tackle size.
so what I'm hearing is hurd is a guy that is just like all our other guards.. a tackle playing guard. Moffitt, then is a no-brainer for me.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd be having too many Kraig Urbik flashbacks to pull the trigger on Moffitt with an early pick, since he is only a borderline top 10 guard in this draft. If I was drafting a guard, I think I'd prefer taking Mike Pouncey, Danny Watkins, Ben Ijalana, Marcus Cannon, Rodney Hudson, Orlando Franklin, Clint Boling, Will Rackley, or Demarcus Love.

Oviedo
03-10-2011, 11:44 AM
I'd be having too many Kraig Urbik flashbacks to pull the trigger on Moffitt with an early pick, since he is only a borderline top 10 guard in this draft. If I was drafting a guard, I think I'd prefer taking Mike Pouncey, Danny Watkins, Ben Ijalana, Marcus Cannon, Rodney Hudson, Orlando Franklin, Clint Boling, Will Rackley, or Demarcus Love.

The Kraig Urbik who is starting in Buffalo??????

The players I'm not interested in are Watkins (age) and Love. Love got abused in the post season games. Also not too sold on Hudson who I think will struggle to maintain his weight at above 300lbs for an entire season.

I love Cannon and the potential upside he brings. I think Franklin and Rackley could be very good choices.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2011, 11:51 AM

The players I'm not interested in are Watkins (age) and Love. Love got abused in the post season games. Also not too sold on Hudson who I think will struggle to maintain his weight at above 300lbs for an entire season.

I love Cannon and the potential upside he brings. I think Franklin and Rackley could be very good choices.

Kraig Urbik started a whopping 2 games last season. Saying he is starting in Buffalo just like Jon Scott is starting in Pittsburgh (only due to decimating injuries). The starting guards in Buffalo are Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, who they drafted back-to-back in the first and second round a couple of years ago a la Timmons and Woodley.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Foster>Urbik

from day 1.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Foster>Urbik

from day 1.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And He made sure that Ramon Foster was a better offensive guard than Kraig Urbik. Perhaps I am taking that day 1 thing too literally? :)

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM

saying that Urbik is starting on Buffalo's OL is like bragging that you're the tallest guy at a midget convention.

fordfixer
03-11-2011, 08:02 PM

saying that Urbik is starting on Buffalo's OL is like bragging that you're the tallest guy at a midget convention.

Well someone has to reach the items on the top shelf

Shawn
03-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Foster>Urbik

from day 1.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And He made sure that Ramon Foster was a better offensive guard than Kraig Urbik. Perhaps I am taking that day 1 thing too literally? :)

:lol: