PDA

View Full Version : New 3 Round Mock Draft

steelerkeylargo
03-03-2011, 04:19 PM
http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... draft-8-0/ (http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/03/03/2011-nfl-draft-mock-draft-8-0/)

Oviedo
03-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I guess I'm missing the point of drafting Williams. He is not a typical TE and we really don't throw to our TEs now other than Heath. Don't get me wrong I would love to see our TE get targeted more but it isn't going to happen. Not sure what value he brings for a Round 3 pick. I'd rather go after another DB or a LB.

Shawn
03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I guess I'm missing the point of drafting Williams. He is not a typical TE and we really don't throw to our TEs now other than Heath. Don't get me wrong I would love to see our TE get targeted more but it isn't going to happen. Not sure what value he brings for a Round 3 pick. I'd rather go after another DB or a LB.

I personally love this mock and Williams in the third round. Both Pouncey and Williams would be steals in those spots. I like Williams because he can play slot WR, TE, and FB. A terrific blocker with good route running and good hands? Yeah, I'm on board.

hawaiiansteel
03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I would be very happy if the Steelers draft unfolded this way. :Clap
noticed you have come around and put Danny Watkins in the top half of Round 2... :Cheers
and DJ Williams and Heath Miller could become the two best under-utilized TEs in the NFL. :tt2

Chadman
03-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Intreested to note you had the Steelers selecting Carmichael ahead of Burton in Round 2. Do you have some inside info/inkling as to what the Steelers are looking for at CB.

Burton has a further scheduled meeting with the Steelers doesn't he? Both Burton & Carmichael were interviewed...

steelerkeylargo
03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Intreested to note you had the Steelers selecting Carmichael ahead of Burton in Round 2. Do you have some inside info/inkling as to what the Steelers are looking for at CB.

Burton has a further scheduled meeting with the Steelers doesn't he? Both Burton & Carmichael were interviewed...

No inside info other than a gut feeling and the fact that Carmichael had a very strong showing at the combine and has everything that it takes to be a starting slot/nickel corner from day 1.

Chadman
03-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Happy with that reasoning- appreciated!

Dee Dub
03-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Pouncey aint gettin past the Ravens at 26. Word is they are very much interested in him.

NW Steeler
03-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Pouncey aint gettin past the Ravens at 26. Word is they are very much interested in him.

F@ck the Ravens. Phew, now I feel better.

steelerkeylargo
03-03-2011, 09:30 PM

I am actually very aware of that, I posted on here the other day how the Steelers are trying to get ahead of the Ravens. In this scenario though if Sherrod is there they take him.

Oviedo
03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
I think I would rather sit tight and get Sherrod or Cannon and not lose a Round 3 pick to get Pouncey II

steelerkeylargo
03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I think I would rather sit tight and get Sherrod or Cannon and not lose a Round 3 pick to get Pouncey II

I would not trade up for Pouncey (but I think the Steelers just might). I also dont think Sherrod falls to us (he may be the best OT in the whole draft) and Cannon is not worth the pick. I would take Hudson before Cannon.

Shawn
03-04-2011, 11:59 AM

Don't make the mistake of underestimating another Pouncey. :)

Mike is also the real deal. Having two twin brother pro bowl OLman who can basically read each others minds is more valuable than you can imagine. Besides no way is Sherrod there at 31. Cannon is not Pouncey.

StarSpangledSteeler
03-04-2011, 02:39 PM

I would not trade up for Pouncey (but I think the Steelers just might). I also dont think Sherrod falls to us (he may be the best OT in the whole draft) and Cannon is not worth the pick. I would take Hudson before Cannon.

Key Largo, I pretty much agree with everything you just said. Pouncey will not fall to 1.31. There are too many playoff caliber teams late in the first who NEED a pro bowl guard to protect their franchise QB's. To us as fans, we see the potential prospects in the third round as "can't miss gems" but in reality only about 29% of those picks ever contribute to our team at all (and most of them are just journeymen). The Steelers have been known to trade up for a sure thing. And Pouncey 2 is as sure as anything in the draft, per his position. I believe Sherrod will be the best NFL left tackle in the 2011 draft. I love that mocks have him slipping to us, I just find it highly unlikely. Same principle applies with the playoff teams drafting before us. As far as OG goes, we actually need guys who can pass block and pull more so than behemouths who can pancake. With the size and sheer strength of these DT's the last 5 years you have to be able to turn them and drive with leverage and quickness. That's what Pouncey does.

steeler_george
03-04-2011, 05:13 PM

:Agree

This draft is too too deep in the postions we want/need. If a miracle happens and Pouncey, Sherrod, and Cannon are still there at pick 31, I would trade back in the second to gain more picks. ( I think it could happen if there is run picks 25-31 on DL/CB/WR.) And I think that Pouncey and Sherrod are the real deals.

phillyesq
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM

I actually didn't want the Steelers to draft Miller based on this same reasoning. Thankfully, the Steelers proved me wrong and began throwing to the TE after Miller was drafted.

Williams and Miller, combined with Wallace, Ward and Sanders could give the Steelers a nice mix of options on offense.