PDA

View Full Version : 18 games, or a cheaper pre-season?

SteelTorch
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Just thought I'd get yinz's opinions. :D

There's been a lot of debate over which would be preferable. Seeing as what's being done to the game so far, I gotta say I'd gladly take a cheaper pre-season instead of seeing 18 watered-down games.

ScoreKeeper
03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Should stay at 16 games and pre-season ticks be half price of regular season ticks.

You did not give that option so I made it myself. :D

SteelTorch
03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Should stay at 16 games and pre-season ticks be half price of regular season ticks.

Fixed it for clarity. :P

ScoreKeeper
03-03-2011, 03:46 PM

Fixed it for clarity. :P
:Cheers

flippy
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I'll take an 18 game season. THe offseason sucks.

Sugar
03-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I absolutely HATE the idea of an 18 game season. In fact, I think they should move it back down to 15 games so that teams are forced to have either winning or losing seasons.

calmkiller
03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
18 games. Preseason ticket prices don't effect me at all as I am lucky to get to 1 game a year....if I am lucky to find tickets. I watch all the games on TV so the more games the better.

SteelTorch
03-04-2011, 01:00 PM
I absolutely HATE the idea of an 18 game season. In fact, I think they should move it back down to 15 games so that teams are forced to have either winning or losing seasons.
I don't know about that, but I've always felt people who strive for an 18 game season care very little about the health of the players. :stirpot

However, in all seriousness, if we get an 18 game season, what we're going to have is a watered-down product. So get ready for season after season of fines, hard hits being punished, and defenders being forced to play with half-effort.

Sugar
03-04-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't know about that, but I've always felt people who strive for an 18 game season care very little about the health of the players. :stirpot

However, in all seriousness, if we get an 18 game season, what we're going to have is a watered-down product. So get ready for season after season of fines, hard hits being punished, and defenders being forced to play with half-effort.

Agreed. :Agree

The season is bordering on too long as it is. You CAN get too much of a good thing. This just looks like a money grab with no regard to the health of the players. Sure, they pay lip-service and meet out fines on the players, but their actions speak louder than these gestures.

Even Troy spoke up about it and that guy doesn't speak up on much.

feltdizz
03-04-2011, 01:57 PM
18 games. Preseason ticket prices don't effect me at all as I am lucky to get to 1 game a year....if I am lucky to find tickets. I watch all the games on TV so the more games the better.

I don't go to the games either... and when I did it was on the company's dime.

I have no problem either way...

BURGH86STEEL
03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Less expensive pre-season.