PDA

View Full Version : who is likely slip to us in the first

steeler_george
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
What players logically do you see falling to us after the combine. I have been looking at the various drafts and all have different picks by us and the teams ahead of us.

Make a list of 2 players for the first round

want to fall:[/color] Mike Pouncey, G, Florida , Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

most to get selcted by: Bears, Ravnes

most likely to fall out of the 1st : Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado, Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

predicted pick: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State

steeler_george
03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
What players logically do you see falling to us after the combine. I have been looking at the various drafts and all have different picks by us and the teams ahead of us.

Make a list of 2 players for the first round

want to fall:[/color] Mike Pouncey, G, Florida , Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

most to get selcted by: Bears, Ravnes

most likely to fall out of the 1st : Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado, Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

predicted pick: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State BJonathan Baldwin-WR Pittsburgh

Shawn
03-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I think Baldwin falls to us and is our selection. I have it down to Heyward, Harris, Williams and Baldwin. If Pouncey falls past 25 though I could see the Steelers move up.

If not, Baldwin is the best of that group. I do think Heyward is legit but I think the Steelers finally make their QB happy and get him the WR you know he is asking for.

Steel Life
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
JJ Watt seems to me to be the guy who could slide back. Offensive players will start to rise in importance as the workouts continue (especially the tackles & Pouncey) & the surprise player or two jumps up to first round status (guys like Phil Taylor & Christian Ballard).

hawaiiansteel
03-02-2011, 10:57 PM
JJ Watt seems to me to be the guy who could slide back.

Mayock recently called JJ Watt the best 5-technique DE in this year's class...I would love to have him but he most likely in the goes top half of Round 1.

Steel Life
03-02-2011, 11:51 PM
JJ Watt seems to me to be the guy who could slide back.
Mayock recently called JJ Watt the best 5-technique DE in this year's class...I would love to have him but he most likely in the goes top half of Round 1.
I know Hawaiian...but he's also the one that there's not much talk about right now. I think some of the guys like Ballard, Bailey & Heyward will shoot up draft boards (Ballard & Bailey because of their athleticism, Heyward will show as the complete package). Then Mallet will probably climb back in the 1st, maybe the TE Rudolph & the CB Williams too. Plus there's always the changes that happen during the draft when teams find that the some guy they never thought would be there is & effects start happening down the line. I'm probably wrong...but I thought Mendy would be there for us too for the same reasons - besides, someone has to fall right?

fezziwig
03-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Is Mike Pouncey good on his own merit or is he getting hyped up because his brother is doing so well with the Steelers ?

Oviedo
03-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Is Mike Pouncey good on his own merit or is he getting hyped up because his brother is doing so well with the Steelers ?

IMO he is getting over-hyped because of his brother. You can get a good Guard in Round 2 and 3 without trading up to get him. I also don't think the Steelers feel their OL is as bad as the fans do.

I think Jon Baldwin is the player who will potentially fall to 1.31. He could be a steal at that pick much like Mendenhall was when we got him.

If JJ Watt fell to 1.31 I'd be jumping up and down screaming at the TV for the Steelers to hurry up and get him.

feltdizz
03-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't want Baldwin.. the kid is great and is familiar with the field but I'm not sure he would do so well being this close to home (Aliquippa) with all that money in his pocket.

The Sodfather
03-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Wexell recently quoted Colbert as saying Baldwin won't make it past the middle of the 1st round.

Judging by that statement I think Colbert is a "fan".

Shawn
03-03-2011, 12:27 PM

IMO he is getting over-hyped because of his brother. You can get a good Guard in Round 2 and 3 without trading up to get him. I also don't think the Steelers feel their OL is as bad as the fans do.

I think Jon Baldwin is the player who will potentially fall to 1.31. He could be a steal at that pick much like Mendenhall was when we got him.

If JJ Watt fell to 1.31 I'd be jumping up and down screaming at the TV for the Steelers to hurry up and get him.

You and I almost see this eye to eye. But, I do think Mike is the real deal. I'm not sure I would give up picks to get him especially if a guy like Baldwin is still on the board. But, if JJ Watt fell to the Steelers...whoooooo hooooo. He has Steeler written all over him. I watched him absolutely dominate my Buckeyes. It was ugly. I must say I was very impressed.