PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! Harrison goes for another round of back surgery

PSU_dropout43
03-02-2011, 01:33 PM
PFT

Less than two weeks after undergoing back surgery to remove a piece of herniated disc off a nerve in his back, Steelers linebacker James Harrison is undergoing another surgery on Wednesday.

Harrison revealed the news on Facebook on Wednesday. PFT contacted Harrison’s agent Bill Parisi, who confirmed the procedure will happen early this afternoon.

Parisi indicates it’s another back surgery, calling it a “follow up and continuation” of the previous surgery. Parisi said they are just “cleaning out” the back again after finding something else.

“They got rid of something, and found a little more,” Parisi said.

Any back surgery is concerning, but Parisi said he only expected Harrison’s recovery to be delayed a week, which Harrison also indicated on his Facebook page.

Harrison told his fans that he had to stay seated for nine straight days after the first procedure and that he hated his life at the time.

“The way I feel now and it went well, I would hate to see how i would feel if it went bad,” Harrison wrote.

grotonsteel
03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Not good news at all...

sentinel33
03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Worilds better crank it up a notch this year. I expect his number to be called much more this upcoming season and i'm looking forward to it.

To be honest, the linebacker core of the future looks pretty promising with Woodley, Timmons, Sylvester(fingers crossed here) & Worilds. Now it's time to work on that quality depth.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
hindsight is 20/20 and i don't like playing that game, but releasing thad gibson so A. Smith could stand on the sideline all year looks like a mistake.

would have been nice to have that extra depth.

NJ-STEELER
03-02-2011, 03:42 PM
i dont think this 2nd procedure is all that much to worry about. the original surgery...yes

the Drs saw something they missed on the 1st procedure. better going back in there now, then later

steelblood
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I think if Thad Gibson showed great promise, he would have been retained. Gibson was a fantastic athlete, but if you watched him play much, you'd see that his instincts were suspect at best.

SteelStallion
03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
hindsight is 20/20 and i don't like playing that game, but releasing thad gibson so A. Smith could stand on the sideline all year looks like a mistake.

Agree in spades.

:Agree

ScoreKeeper
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
i dont think this 2nd procedure is all that much to worry about. the original surgery...yes

the Drs saw something they missed on the 1st procedure. better going back in there now, then later
Any back surgery is worrisome and more-so with Deebo being short and the OT's bending him backwords when he's rushing.

Crash
03-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Being short is actually a good thing. Tall guys who have back surgery tend to have lasting affects.

ScoreKeeper
03-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Being short is actually a good thing. Tall guys who have back surgery tend to have lasting affects.
It's not a good thing when you're an outside rush backer and are being bent over time after time at the waist. I see your point about tall guys but Deebo plays a certain way and in a position that lends itself to further back injury. He's not a tall OT with a bunch of weight in the front. He's a short rusher who gets bent.

RuthlessBurgher
03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
It's not a good thing when you're an outside rush backer and are being bent over time after time at the waist. I see your point about tall guys but Deebo plays a certain way and in a position that lends itself to further back injury. He's not a tall OT with a bunch of weight in the front. He's a short rusher who gets bent.

Heh heh...you said "Get Bent"

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Beavis-Butthead-p21.jpg

By the way, did you folks hear that Mike Judge is bringing Beavis and Butthead back this year? Only now, instead of making fun of music videos, they'll be commenting on stupid reality TV, YouTube clips, and other pop culture stuff like that. They should have replaced Simon Cowell with Beavis and Butthead instead of having Steven Tyler on American Idol.

ScoreKeeper
03-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Heh heh...you said "Get Bent"

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Beavis-Butthead-p21.jpg

By the way, did you folks hear that Mike Judge is bringing Beavis and Butthead back this year? Only now, instead of making fun of music videos, they'll be commenting on stupid reality TV, YouTube clips, and other pop culture stuff like that. They should have replaced Simon Cowell with Beavis and Butthead instead of having Steven Tyler on American Idol.
I did hear that, and I can't wait. :Beer

NJ-STEELER
03-02-2011, 07:17 PM

Any back surgery is worrisome and more-so with Deebo being short and the OT's bending him backwords when he's rushing.

yeah, i am concerned with the original surgery. not as much with the 2nd one. more of a clean up/get what they missed type a thing IMO

pittpete
03-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Same thing that happenned with Marvel :cry:

Shawn
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Gibson is an athlete but not much of a football player...not at the next level at least. The Steelers found that out long after OSU Buckeye fans.

Also, part of what allows the Steelers to sign vets for hometown discounts, retain their own talent and be considered one of the franchises to play for is ability to compete and class of the organization. Keeping Smith was a smart move from a PR standpoint. And, if all we had to give up was Gibson...I'm certainly on board.