PDA

View Full Version : Trade Woodley now!!

Prowler
02-28-2011, 07:39 PM
The Packers are open to trading AJ Hawk if he is not willing to redo his contract. Since Hawk is twice the player Woodley will ever be and they will both make $10 million in 2011, this needs to happen. We can than move Timmons to OLB and insert Hawk into ILB. We are immediately better on defense with this move.

Snatch98
02-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Planet Steelers has always been relatively drama free. I don't imagine many will give this thread the time of day but it's a total troll effort and a laughable one at that.

Prowler
02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Planet Steelers has always been relatively drama free. I don't imagine many will give this thread the time of day but it's a total troll effort and a laughable one at that.

The only drama will come from those who can't respect another person's opinion, definately not from me.

I would say that Hawk's 111 tackles and 9 PD are twice as good as Woodley's 50 tackles and 5 PD. You can argue that Woodley's untouched sacks of the QB's are more valuable but I will argue any LB playing on the opposite side of James Harrison would have gotten those 10 sacks.

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
http://www.gifanatics.com/files/jpicsiFTRBwkVMfUphjM.gif

NJ-STEELER
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
if you think woodley is overpaid, hawk is worse

calmkiller
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.goozex.com/community/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/30/7608.must_5F00_not_5F00_feed_5F00_the_5F00_troll.j pg

http://marketmynovel.com/images/Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

BradshawsHairdresser
02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Hawk would be great on the inside in our D, but why would the Packers make this trade?
If they trade Hawk, their need would be for an ILB, and Woodley wouldn't fill that need.

Besides, if the Steelers had been interested in such a trade, why would they have bothered to slap the Franchise Tag on Woodley?

SteelCrazy
02-28-2011, 08:49 PM
111 tackles is average for a ILB

Djfan
03-01-2011, 01:48 AM
That clown is disturbing.

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM

When you talk about disturbing clowns, are you talking about the animated gif that I posted, or this Prowler character who is suggesting that he'd rather have A.J. Hawk, who the Packers plan to cut this week if he does not agree to a reduced salary, than LaMarr Woodley? Even Brady Quinn's sister wouldn't make that trade.

Notleadpoisoned
03-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I think that Tim Curry was much more disturbing to look at as Dr. Frankfurter in Rocky Horror than he was as Pennywise the Clown.

Lebsteel
03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
NO!!!! Trade Woodley for Paul Posluszny!!!! :stirpot :stirpot :tt2 :roll:

Oviedo
03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
NO!!!! Trade Woodley for Paul Posluszny!!!! :stirpot :stirpot :tt2 :roll:

Isn't Posluszny already in the HoF??????

Back on subject. Most stupid thread this week. Dumb just comes easy for some.

grotonsteel
03-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Woodley is a 2nd Rd player. A J Hawk was a 5th overall pick and he is not even their best LB on that team and you want to swap A J Hawk for Woodley??????? Oh BTW Packers might cut A J Hawk. Well i would go ahead and say D Bishop is a better player than A J Hawk.

Woodley might not be the greatest Steelers LB ever but he is far more superior player than A J Hawk ever will be. Sorry. Sign Woodley and Timmons long term and let Jason take over Harrison spot in 2 years time.

Steelers LB core 2 years down the road:
Woodley-Timmons-<Sylvester/draft pick>-Jason Worlids

birtikidis
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Even if the Steelers wanted to trade a player they couldn't. Without the CBA there can be no trades. Unless it gets done, there isn't going to be any player movement via trades. At this point all you can trade is draft picks.