PDA

View Full Version : Dee Dub’s Steeler Mock Draft 2.0

Dee Dub
02-24-2011, 06:48 PM
1-RAHIM MOORE FS UCLA
2-RAS-I DOWLING CB VIRGINIA ---had he not gotten hurt this past year he’s a first round pick
3-COLIN MCCARTHY ILB MIAMI ---what a motor this guy has might have to move up to get him
4-JOSEPH BARKSDALE OT LSU
5-DION LEWIS RB PITT ---would be a nice change of pace back to Mendenhall and Redman
6-TYROD TAYLOR WR VA-TECH ---could be the steal of this draft if he is willing to change to WR.
7-ZACH HURD OG UCONN

Sleeper pick—---OLB Dontay Moch---word is he may clock a sub 4.4
Sleeper pick II---WR Andre Holmes Hillsdale College 6 ft 4 210 possible sub 4.4

pfelix73
02-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Tyrod Taylor would be a waste of a pick. Want a WR? Check out Dwayne Harris.

:tt1

Dee Dub
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Tyrod Taylor would be a waste of a pick. Want a WR? Check out Dwayne Harris.

We're talking about 6th rounder for a guy who if buys into it could turn out to be gem. He may be the best athlete in this draft. Pick him and force his hand.

pfelix73
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I'd rather use a 4th-5th rounder for a WR who has experience in college as a WR. I have a feeling Taylor will be another Pat White. In for a few years, then gone.

I see your point though if he is there in the 6th or 7th, why not take him anyway, and that would be a good idea, but I don't think he'll be there that long anyway. Someone will take earlier than that, just because of his name recognition...

birtikidis
02-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I know I'm gonna sound like a Gator homer here, but I'd rather Pouncey in the first and will hill or ahmad black in the 3rd or 4th...

Dee Dub
02-24-2011, 08:46 PM
I know I'm gonna sound like a Gator homer here, but I'd rather Pouncey in the first and will hill or ahmad black in the 3rd or 4th...

Pouncey will be long gone when pick 31 comes. I think somewhere around pick 15-17

MeetJoeGreene
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Truly a well thought out mock draft that merits praise, laud, and consideration.

steelblood
02-24-2011, 11:13 PM
I like this draft pretty well. The only player that I really hate is Barksdale. I watch every LSU game as my older son is a huge fan. Barksdale is a great athlete, but he has no killer instinct and really doesn't get much of a push in the running game. I just don't feel like he is a Steeler type. That said, he has 1st or 2nd round talent if someone could just get him motivated. I much prefer Carpenter from Alabama. I think he is underrated and I think he is good run blocker with enough athleticism to survive in pass pro. He is a Kugler type guy (smart, fit, tough).

steelerkeylargo
02-24-2011, 11:44 PM

Will Hill is a dopehead.

hawaiiansteel
02-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Will Hill is a dopehead.

yeah, I've heard he and Tim Tebow used to like to hit the crack pipe together... :D

BradshawsHairdresser
02-25-2011, 08:25 PM
If the draft played out like this, I couldn't be too unhappy. But I'd be pretty surprised if the Steelers waited until round 4 to draft an OL.

Dee Dub
02-28-2011, 03:42 PM
1-RAHIM MOORE FS UCLA
2-RAS-I DOWLING CB VIRGINIA ---had he not gotten hurt this past year he’s a first round pick
3-COLIN MCCARTHY ILB MIAMI ---what a motor this guy has might have to move up to get him
5-DION LEWIS RB PITT ---would be a nice change of pace back to Mendenhall and Redman
6-TYROD TAYLOR WR VA-TECH ---could be the steal of this draft if he is willing to change to WR.
7-ZACH HURD OG UCONN

So much for that sleeper pick on Dontay Moch. :lol: 4.44 40 fastest ever by a DL. :shock: But I have him as a 3-4 OLB. That is still blazing fast for an OLB.

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":chlnflmg]1-RAHIM MOORE FS UCLA
7-ZACH HURD OG UCONN

So much for that sleeper pick on Dontay Moch. :lol: 4.44 40 fastest ever by a DL. :shock: But I have him as a 3-4 OLB. That is still blazing fast for an OLB.[/quote:chlnflmg]

He should change the spelling of his last name from Moch to Mach. Then have a kid. Then he could be known as Dontay Mach I, and the kid would be Dontay Mach II. :P

hawaiiansteel
02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
So much for that sleeper pick on Dontay Moch. :lol: 4.44 40 fastest ever by a DL. :shock: But I have him as a 3-4 OLB. That is still blazing fast for an OLB.

that 4.44 would have made Moch the fastest LB as well...

Martez Wilson is Combine’s fastest linebacker

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 28, 2011

The linebackers have run their 40-yard dashes at the NFL Scouting Combine, and Martez Wilson of Illinois is the fastest of the bunch, running in a blazing 4.49 seconds.

I’m an Illinois graduate and I watched almost every game of Wilson’s college career, and I’ll just say this: Wilson’s production on the field doesn’t come close to matching his athletic gifts. Signing Wilson was viewed as a major recruiting coup for Illinois head coach Ron Zook, but Wilson didn’t produce like the All-American defender Illinois thought it was getting. Maybe some NFL coaching staff can get the most out of Wilson’s talents, but Zook and his staff never got out of him what they wanted.

After Wilson, the next-fastest linebacker was Texas A&M’s Von Miller, who solidified his status as a Top 10 overall pick by running a 4.53-second 40. Unlike Wilson, Miller is a blazing fast linebacker who plays as fast in a helmet and shoulder pads as he runs in shorts and a T-shirt.

Rounding out the Top 5 linebackers were Ohio State’s Brian Rolle at 4.56, Maryland’s Adrian Moten at 4.62 and Syracuse’s Doug Hogue at 4.63.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... inebacker/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/martez-wilson-is-combines-fastest-linebacker/)

aggiebones
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM

Pouncey will be long gone when pick 31 comes. I think somewhere around pick 15-17

How is this Pouncey going before his brother?
Everyone knows the better brother left early. Now you can try and say they are close in ability, but 15-17 is VERY early for an interior OL in 95% of years. This Pouncey may go in the late 20s, but he may make it to the second round...meaning we don't even bite.

birtikidis
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM

How is this Pouncey going before his brother?
Everyone knows the better brother left early. Now you can try and say they are close in ability, but 15-17 is VERY early for an interior OL in 95% of years. This Pouncey may go in the late 20s, but he may make it to the second round...meaning we don't even bite.
I guarantee that if he's there we take him.
and that is your opinion that Maurkice is the better player.

hawaiiansteel
02-28-2011, 09:27 PM
This Pouncey may go in the late 20s, but he may make it to the second round...meaning we don't even bite.

now you're just being silly, of course we draft Mike Pouncey if he's still there at #31...OG and CB are our two weakest positions and Mike Pouncey would fill a huge need.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0535/0266/pouncey_feature.jpg