PDA

View Full Version : Meet D.J. Williams

steelerkeylargo
02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... -williams/ (http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/02/23/2011-nfl-draft-profile-d-j-williams/)

grotonsteel
02-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Does D J Williams project as a TE at next level? Looking at his height/weight he looks more like a HB.

steelerkeylargo
02-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Does D J Williams project as a TE at next level? Looking at his height/weight he looks more like a HB.

He will be an HB type that you can line up virtually anywhere.

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2011, 09:44 PM
an excerpt from Wexell's "Combine buzz":

TUESDAY, MARCH 1

10 a.m.: Happy March to all as we slowly crawl out of winter. I took a rest from my combine trip yesterday, but returned to my computer today and found an interesting story on the Steelers' interest in D.J. Williams.

The source here is the catch-all "league source," which can mean anything from another reporter to an office secretary to a team president, but in this case -- with four teams listed -- it appears to be an agent trumpeting the Steelers' interest in Williams.

Williams, most college fans know, was a pass-catching tight end at Arkansas. But he can block when asked, and so many times these pass-catching H-backs are never asked. But Williams did it occasionally, when he wasn't shredding secondaries to the tune of 96 recpetions for 1,038 yards (10.8 avg.) and 7 touchdowns the last two seasons.

At the combine, Williams checked in at 6-2.1, 245 and ran a 4.67 40 with 20 reps and a 33 1/2 vertical jump.

This apparently means that Williams will join Wisconsin's Lance Kendricks for the Steelers' consideration in the second round of the draft.

Kendricks, who caught 72 passes for 1,019 yards (14.2 avg.) and 8 touchdowns the last two seasons, measured 6-2.7, 243 at the combine and ran a 4.75 40 with 25 reps and a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump.

In other Steelers news, Hines Ward will dance on TV. But I still won't watch it.

grotonsteel
03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
a
This apparently means that Williams will join Wisconsin's Lance Kendricks for the Steelers' consideration in the second round of the draft.

I would not be happy if Steelers drafted a TE in Rd 2. Why would Steelers draft a backup TE in Rd 2. Heath Miller is not going anywhere in near future.