PDA

View Full Version : PSL FEE

Pittsfan201
02-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey, new to the site... How is everyone?? Just needed a little help, I am due up for season tix this year ,anyone have a idea how much the fee is and how all of tHis works??? I got put on the list in 95

Crash
02-22-2011, 10:53 PM
I think the most expensive PSL is $2500 per seat. Not sure. Steelers.com may have info listed.

hawaiiansteel
02-23-2011, 02:55 AM
I think the most expensive PSL is $2500 per seat. Not sure. Steelers.com may have info listed.

wow, the University of Hawaii recently instituted a $200 PSL charge and you should have seen the outrage.

$2500 per seat, huh? oh well, I guess if you don't like it you can not buy the season tickets and let the next guy in line who has been waiting over 15 years gladly purchase them...

RuthlessBurgher
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM

wow, the University of Hawaii recently instituted a $200 PSL charge and you should have seen the outrage.

$2500 per seat, huh? oh well, I guess if you don't like it you can not buy the season tickets and let the next guy in line who has been waiting over 15 years gladly purchase them...

My seats are in the upper deck end zone bleachers. They did not charge us a PSL for our seats. I would have happily paid a PSL for better seats down in the lower bowl, but they never gave us that option. They just assigned us seats up in the nosebleeds, where there are only 5 rows behind me. I'd imagine if someone was getting season tickets for the first time, they'd give him seats up by us where a PSL is not an issue.

Jigawatts
02-23-2011, 01:39 PM

My seats are in the upper deck end zone bleachers. They did not charge us a PSL for our seats. I would have happily paid a PSL for better seats down in the lower bowl, but they never gave us that option. They just assigned us seats up in the nosebleeds, where there are only 5 rows behind me. I'd imagine if someone was getting season tickets for the first time, they'd give him seats up by us where a PSL is not an issue.

Did you have the option to decline the seats until other, more desirable seats became
available?

RuthlessBurgher
02-23-2011, 01:50 PM

Did you have the option to decline the seats until other, more desirable seats became
available?

I don't remember. I just remember celebrating that we got season tickets...any season tickets...and sent our money in as fast as possible. Even if that was an option, I doubt we would have risked not getting seats at all in a gamble to get more desireable seats.

ter1230_4
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM

For the record, the $200 PSL charge for Univ. of Hawaii football tickets is EVERY SEASON, while the Steelers PSL fee is one time only. Since UH is only a moderately successful mid-level college football program and the Steelers are, well, arguably the best franchise in the NFL, it's pretty clear which fee is excessive.

Pittsfan201
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
thanks for all the responses, i called them a 2 months ago for playoff seats cause they had a season ticket waiting list code or some thing like that and asked them where i was on the list and they said i will be getting called for this upcoming season....

pfelix73
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
My luck they will call me too as thats about when I was put on the list as well. Jan. 1996, I think.

Reason why I'm not so sure about it now, is because of the possibility of no games next year or limited games at that. I guess there would be refunds...

:tt1

ScoreKeeper
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
OK, I'll go there.

Who the hell would pay money to get a chance to get a tick to see the rainbows?

I mean, really?

The Rainbow Warriors..........raining down terror since um, well, they live in a nice place. :D

No offense. :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
My luck they will call me too as thats about when I was put on the list as well. Jan. 1996, I think.

Reason why I'm not so sure about it now, is because of the possibility of no games next year or limited games at that. I guess there would be refunds...

Probably because they plan to make the temporary seats below the scoreboard that were installed for the Winter Classic permanent.

hawaiiansteel
02-23-2011, 07:27 PM
OK, I'll go there.

I mean, really?

The Rainbow Warriors..........raining down terror since um, well, they live in a nice place. :D

the football team is no longer known as "The Rainbows" or even "The Rainbow Warriors," we are now simply the "UH Warriors". June Jones made that name change and I thank him for that. :Clap

as for who the hell would pay money to get a chance to get a tick to see the Warriors you have to understand that it's the only way we can see Div. 1 football unless we fly to the Mainland. when Boise St., USC, Fresno St, etc. come to town it's fun to tailgate and then go watch the game on a Saturday evening.

I have season tickets right on the 50 yard line, if any of you ever come and visit our beautiful islands please let me know and I will be happy to show you how much fun attending a UH football game can be.

that is, all of you except Scorekeeper... :moon :D :Cheers

ter1230_4
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
as for who the hell would pay money to get a chance to get a tick to see the Warriors you have to understand that it's the only way we can see Div. 1 football unless we fly to the Mainland. when Boise St., USC, Fresno St, etc. come to town it's fun to tailgate and then go watch the game on a Saturday evening.

I had season tickets to the Bows from 1985 to 1999, and I enjoyed going to see BYU, Utah, Air Force, all of the teams from the old WAC. When you got home from the games there was a replay that started at 10 pm and you could watch the game again. But then the WAC changed, and all of a sudden it was Idaho, New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, Utah State, etc. I also didn't like June Jones and his offense. So I stopped going to Hawaii games and started going to more Steelers games. Now I hardly pay any attention to the Bows (or Warriors, or whatever), because to watch any of their road games on TV or the 10 pm replay you have to pay $400 for a pay-per-view package (or a mere $60 for a single game). Think about it, they charge more for that package than Direct TV charges for Sunday Ticket! What a farce!! Of course, real college teams like those in the Big Ten, Pac 10., and SEC couldn't get away with that because their games are on network TV for free. Now that they are going back to the Mountain West I might go to a few games from time to time, but I will never buy the pay-per-view package.

hawaiiansteel
02-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Now that they are going back to the Mountain West I might go to a few games from time to time, but I will never buy the pay-per-view package.

a friend of mine orders the pay-per-view package every season for the UH road games and invites all of his family and friends to come over and watch.

to stay invited, all I have to bring is some beer or wine and a food entre'e for the potluck which makes it fun for everyone.

and yes, I'm very happy to see UH move back to the Mountain West...the lack of quality opponents was getting ridiculous and would only have gotten worse if we had stayed in the WAC.

ScoreKeeper
02-23-2011, 10:06 PM
OK, I'll go there.

I mean, really?

the football team is no longer known as "The Rainbows" or even "The Rainbow Warriors," we are now simply the "UH Warriors". June Jones made that name change and I thank him for that. :Clap

I have season tickets right on the 50 yard line, if any of you ever come and visit our beautiful islands please let me know and I will be happy to show you how much fun attending a UH football game can be.

that is, all of you except Scorekeeper... :moon :D :Cheers
Well now I must make that attept to see your beautiful isle, as the wife has wanted to, and I will do it in football season and you will be contacted. :lol: 8) :Cheers

plainnasty
02-24-2011, 12:52 AM

Probably because they plan to make the temporary seats below the scoreboard that were installed for the Winter Classic permanent.
I believe that the plan is to put those seats in for the 2012 season.

NJ-STEELER
02-24-2011, 02:02 AM

some PSL for the NYG in the new meadowlands stadium were 15K-20K per seat.

Pittsfan201
06-29-2011, 07:21 AM
well, i got my call from the ticket office... and they offered me 4 tix in the upper end zone, row EE.... and this is just for the tickets, no PSL... i turned them down and i stay at the top of the list for next year, but if i defer next year, i go to the back of the list... unreal

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2011, 09:16 AM
well, i got my call from the ticket office... and they offered me 4 tix in the upper end zone, row EE.... and this is just for the tickets, no PSL... i turned them down and i stay at the top of the list for next year, but if i defer next year, i go to the back of the list... unreal

Why in the world would you turn them down? I was offered tickets for the first time when Heinz opened. They were in the upper end zone row FF and there was no PSL fee. I jumped on them as fast as I possibly could. You just got offered seats one row better than mine, and you passed. I highly doubt it will get any better next year, but good luck, man.

Pittsfan201
06-29-2011, 09:46 AM
well, the good thing is i have another chance next year.... and seeing that those seats arent the greatest, i guess i will take my chances....

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2011, 10:08 AM
well, the good thing is i have another chance next year.... and seeing that those seats arent the greatest, i guess i will take my chances....

That's assuming new seats open up next year. There are new seats this year because of the new stands they built under the scoreboard. They won't be putting in any new seats next year. You have to hope that someone voluntarily gives up their season ticket package, which is not a common occurance (they tend to be passed down from generation to generation). Even if the economy sucks worse next year, that doesn't mean people will necessarily give up their tickets outright...they'll likely keep the package and just sell their tickets themselves at a profit.

Pittsfan201
06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
very true, well i will hope for the best... thanks

pfelix73
06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Those extra seats under the scoreboard may not become 'season tickets' until next year. I thought I read somewhere it will be 2012. Maybe not. However, I figure that I am so close to being offered season tickets that I would get the call for when those do become season tickets. I've been on the 'list' since Jan. of 1996. Last time I spoke to someone in the ticket office about my place on the 'list', they said they were filling those from June 1995. That was 2-3 years ago.

I think the way it works is, whatever seats become available in the stadium, the next person on the list gets that offer. Doesn't matter if they are upper or lower, club, etc.

Hmm, wouldn't that be the bomb if I get home from work today and there is a message on my machine from the ticket office for those tickets you just turned down......That's a tough call on whether to accept or decline and wait for better seats. Seriously, on the 'list' that long and yes, I would want better seats too, however, to turn them down? wow- tough decision. :D

Pittsfan201
06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
i hope they do call u, i look at it this way... ive waited over 15 years for season tix, another year or two wont kill me.... i make about 4 games a year as it is, and i dont pay much over face value of a regular tik, so i can wait, if the same tix or worse come up next year or the year after i will jump on them... P.S they were section 525

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2011, 03:11 PM
i hope they do call u, i look at it this way... ive waited over 15 years for season tix, another year or two wont kill me.... i make about 4 games a year as it is, and i dont pay much over face value of a regular tik, so i can wait, if the same tix or worse come up next year or the year after i will jump on them... P.S they were section 525

I'm in 525. You would have been one row right in front of me. Small world (or in this case, stadium). Did they tell you which seats they were in Row EE? I'm FF 25-26.

ter1230_4
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
The truth is that you are not going to get anything close to what you consider to be a good seat by being on the waitlist. If someone who has good seats decides that they don't want them any more, they SELL their PSL's for a profit. In fact, you can buy/sell PSL's on steelers.com.

Pittsfan201
06-29-2011, 04:31 PM
no, they didnt say what seats.....

NJ-STEELER
06-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Double post

pittpete
07-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Wanna talk about a small world...
Im at a party at my aunts today and my brother tells me about how the Steelers called him last week & he turned down Steelers season tix.
I told him oh man some guy on the forums I belong to did the same thing..
He said "no sh-t, that was me"....
Haaaaaaa, I told him about these forums a few months back and didnt know he joined.....
Funny story :lol: :lol: