PDA

View Full Version : Would a Patriots win in the Super Bowl have been worse??

rpmpit
02-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Than us losing??

Belichick would have tied Noll. Brady would have tied TB and Montana. And just seeing those cheaters celebrate.

Sorry guys. Just trying to find somethimg to be positive about. Its been almost two weeks and I'm still in a daze. And the bad part about my son and wife being diehards like me is that I'm finding myself having to comfort them.

I really hope this CBA stuff gets worked out. I don't want my last memory of Steeler football (for a long time anyway) to be this game.

LordVile
02-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Than us losing??

Belichick would have tied Noll. Brady would have tied TB and Montana. And just seeing those cheaters celebrate.

Sorry guys. Just trying to find somethimg to be positive about. Its been almost two weeks and I'm still in a daze. And the bad part about my son and wife being diehards like me is that I'm finding myself having to comfort them.

I really hope this CBA stuff gets worked out. I don't want my last memory of Steeler football (for a long time anyway) to be this game.

Yeah, it woulda def been worse.. the WORST scenario. I watched the game on VHS I recorded and although nothing can change the loss, I found solace in it. My wounds have healed alot in the past 2 weeks. The PACK are not a HATED RIVAL, we rarely play them.
We had a chance to win the game and we pissed it away. Too me, at least we didn't get our asses kicked.. I hold my head up, and that will NEVER change..

So yeah, it woulda been the worse outcome for the Cheats to win again.. F em'
I hope ur family comes around and gets back to normal.. I know it takes time.

rpmpit
02-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I tried watching some of the highlights on NFLN and had to change it. Not ready yet. And I agree that the fact that it was GB makes it slightly easier to accept. Not much to hate about them. Especially with all their ties to Pittsburgh.

Scarletfire1970
02-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Than us losing??

Patriots wouldn't have beaten the Packers.

Scarletfire1970
02-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I tried watching some of the highlights on NFLN and had to change it. Not ready yet. And I agree that the fact that it was GB makes it slightly easier to accept. Not much to hate about them. Especially with all their ties to Pittsburgh.
It is still all a bad nightmare for me. I refuse to watch anything sports related (to football anyway). I don't think I will ever get over it. I couldn't even watch the celebration at the end of the game. The tv went off after we failed to convert the 4th down.

tiproast
02-17-2011, 09:46 PM
It would have been OK with me. :Cheers

AzStillers1989
02-18-2011, 01:22 AM
LOL... woah , how about this one , the steelers show up , o down 21-3 quick , we make an effort at a come back but the pack take a 28-3 lead in halftime. Second half comes around, pack march down but our D makes a stand and holds em to 3. Ben and Co. come out flat footed and punt it away. Pack take a 38-3 lead in the 4th. We do nothing on offense cept make the pack look like the best D ever. another feild goal and 8 minutes off the clock it 41-3. We drive inside there 10 with 1:15 left. Dont score on 4th down and the pack win it 41-3.....

now that is worse in my mind than see the fvcking patriots win another damn SB. we had a great chance at winning but like in any game, dont play if you can not handle a loss every now and then..... we will be back, i take NOTHING for granite.

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!

:Steel :tt1 :tt2 :Beer

frankthetank1
02-18-2011, 08:45 AM
it would have been much worse. even the jets winning the SB would of been worse imo

Eich
02-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Yes - much worse for sure. There's not much worse than watching that cheating, arrogant team have any kind of success. Watching them LOSE the Super Bowl after going 16-0 on the other hand, was very satisfying !

It's better to have gotten to the Super Bowl and lost than to not have gone at all. Unless you're the Bills. I can't fathom that level of grief.

frankthetank1
02-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes - much worse for sure. There's not much worse than watching that cheating, arrogant team have any kind of success. Watching them LOSE the Super Bowl after going 16-0 on the other hand, was very satisfying !

It's better to have gotten to the Super Bowl and lost than to not have gone at all. Unless you're the Bills. I can't fathom that level of grief.

my heart goes out to bills fans. what a nightmare that must have been to get so close 4 years in a row and come up short every time. that has to be one of the best teams never to win a sb. i was thinking right after the steelers lost to the pack that it would have been better to lose against the jets than lose the sb but i feel differently now. at least the steelers got to the sb. i didnt even expect them to win the afc north

papillon
02-18-2011, 09:49 AM
It would have been OK with me. :Cheers

It wouldn't matter to me; it only matters to me when the Steelers win. Noll, Bradshaw and Montana have their places in NFL history. Belichick and Brady have their places in NFL history regardless whether they win another SB or never win another, they will be considered two of the all time greats (whether you agree or disagree with that assessment).

So, for me, since the Steelers lost it is no different had the Patriots won, the Steelers still would not have reached their goal. It matters little to me who wins if the Steelers aren't in the game. I simply look for a competitive game to keep me interested.

Pappy

Eich
02-18-2011, 12:45 PM
So, for me, since the Steelers lost it is no different had the Patriots won, the Steelers still would not have reached their goal. It matters little to me who wins if the Steelers aren't in the game. I simply look for a competitive game to keep me interested.

Pappy

The Patriots winning would have meant that the Steelers didn't even go. Ignoring the Patriots that's still worse, no?

I dislike the Patriots more than any team in the NFL. I think they're cheaters. I think they're arrogant. And I think their coach is deviod of any personality whatsoever and is ONLY considered a genious because Tom Brady is such a good QB. Without Brady, I think Belichick goes down in history as decent NFL coach but nothing all that special and no rings.

Ozey74
02-18-2011, 09:08 PM
The Steelers losing the Super Bowl is the next best thing to winning the Super Bowl IMO. There is only 1 Super Bowl winner, 30 teams not in the Super Bowl, and 1 Super Bowl loser. Of those 3 choices, I'll take being the loser over not being in the game at all.

:tt2

tiproast
02-18-2011, 09:40 PM
And I think their coach is deviod of any personality whatsoever and is ONLY considered a genious because Tom Brady is such a good QB. Without Brady, I think Belichick goes down in history as decent NFL coach but nothing all that special and no rings.
Two things:

You can't really judge Belichick by the post-game interviews he gives out and that are shown on national TV. Those interviews are clinics in how not to say anything to press, and make sure that they know that you hate them. During the season, Belichick appears every week on a local sports radio show, and he's very witty and gives a lot of insight into how he coached the previous game. Always gives players the credit for winning, and always takes the blame for not having the right game plan, or not making the right adjustments, when they lose.

Second thing: you're probably right about no rings for Belichick without Brady. Certainly he wasn't going to win one with Bledsoe as QB. I really liked Drew, but it was pretty obvious after his fourth year or so that he had plateaued, and wasn't going to get any better. At his best, he was good enough to compete for a division title and maybe a playoff win. And with a stud like Curtis Martin at RB, he could get to a Super Bowl.