PDA

View Full Version : My Mock v1.0

Shawn
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
1) Rahim Moore-FS 6 foot 1 196# UCLA, With Jimmy Smith, Pouncey and Carmini gone...I believe the Steelers will select the best FS in the draft. Moore will be a solid to spectacular safety at the next level. There are also some suggestions he can play DB at the next level. He will instantly add coverage skills to our pass defenses. He upgrades our secondary from day 1. If Heyward is still there he would be tough to pass on. When motivated he is one of the most dominating DTs I have had the pleasure of watching play for the Buckeyes. But, with questions about his motivation to play, the impending strike I just don't think the Steelers take the chance.

2) Demarcus Love-OG/T 6 foot 5, 315# Arkansas...with Ballard likely gone by this position and Love falling as late as a third in some mocks I think this is a reasonable position and pick. The Steelers will surely covet a wide bodied SEC Tackle with ability to play both tackles and guard at the next level. His position diversity will be too much for the Steelers to pass on if he is here in round 2.

(and I don't need any comments from the Dubs about "being on board", or any comments about master and student...lol) :)

3) C. Mathews-ILB 6 foot 1 234# Oregon, smart instinctual, football in his genes. I got to watch him a bit in college and was left impressed. He seemed more like a second round talent to me. But, many are projecting him in the 4th-5th. I think he goes much earlier. I believe he is a perfect fit for the Steelers who love tough and smart football players.

4) Kendrick Ellis-NT Hampton 6 foot 5 340 pounds. Yeah this is a big boy who can really stop the run and plug gaps. Small school will drop a guy who would go 2 rounds earlier had he played in the SEC or Big Ten.

5) C. Chekwa-DB 6 foot 190# OSU, raw but has all the tools, needs good coaching to avoid mental mistakes. He is quick, fast and can recover from mistakes. The only thing that gives me hestitation with this pick is he is not a typical Steeler DB. He must improve on his tacking skills. But, adding this kind of speed and coverage ability this late in the draft would be too much to pass up.

6) D. Sanzenbacher-OSU WR 5 foot 11, 180# I love this guys heart. Very good hands, willing to sacrifice his body, leads by example. He runs very good routes, disciplined WR but lacks elite speed. He is a perfect fit for the Steelers as a replacement for Ward.

calmkiller
02-14-2011, 12:59 PM
7) John Connor-FB Kentucky Here is to me wishing we get a true FB in the draft. I know we don't draft FBs but this guy can block and I would love to see him in the BnG.

um...John Connor was drafted by the Jets last year....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5913/player?r=1

Oviedo
02-14-2011, 01:05 PM
I doubt Love is on the board at #62.

Matthews is probably no better than a 5th or 6th Round pick. He got the name but not the game!!!!!

As mentiuoned, Connor was drafted last year.

As far as your #1 I would take a CB before a Safety.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Since you made you mock a Topic, I guess it is open to discussion. Let me start by saying it isn't an attack on you or anything...I just don't like it.

1. Rahim Moore in the 1st? No thanks. I really don't see any Safety talent in the 1st. After the Senior Bowl, I have Carter graded higher. It might be pick #40 before a S comes off the board. If you want to go secondary, Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith. Aaron Williams might sneak into the end of the 1st, but I'm not a fan of his. He is a "tweener' CB to me. Meaning he doesn't have elite athletic ability nor is he a physical CB who can run. I like Harris's quickness and fluid hips. Lots of upside and already at a high level. Smith is a "Steelers" type of CB. Big & physical with very good instincts and athleticism. Hits like a S and runs like a CB. Williams is a little stiff in the hips and not very physical for his size. He looks like a very good #3 CB in this league. I wouldn't take him if Harris & Smith are gone.

2. Demarcus Love in the 2nd? He really struggled at the Senior Bowl and I think he is a 3rd round OG...Only. We will see. If Marcus Cannon was there after a 1st round CB, I would take him.

3. Casey Mathews in the 3rd? Is it the love for the name that had you pick him in the 3rd? He isn't anything close to his brother. Probably a 5th round pick. I'm not a fan of an ILB before the 4th. ILB tend to fall after the elite guys come off. You might have some bad 40 times or see them struggle in position drills and guys like Sturdivant, McCarthy, and Sheppard are all still on the board when the 4th round starts.

4. Kendrick Ellis...Now him I like. At least the guy between the lines I like. Not sure he will be around in the 4th. Also not sure the Steelers will have him on their board. Similiar to Marvin Austin. Love to have the "football players"...But not the off field characters.

5. Chimdi Chekwa I would be happy with especially in the 5th. Don't see how he goes any later than the 4th.

6. I'm not sure on Dane Sanzenbacher. Like the effort but not sure he will be able to get seperation at the next level. As a PSU homer, never impressed.

7. As already stated, Connor was in last years draft.

StarSpangledSteeler
02-14-2011, 04:37 PM
It's an interesting draft. I give you credit for originality. At this point, it's looking more and more like Pouncey will be gone by 1.31, but I don't know that all 5 OT's (Solder, Castonzo, Smith, Carimi, Sherrod) will be off the board as well. If not i'd say any one of those provides a better value. If they're all gone I have to think that means, either a nice DL (Nevis, Paea, possibly Heyward) or CB (Smith, Williams) should be there, which i view as bigger areas of need than FS in our particular scheme and roster situation. The question then arises, how much more of a BPA is Moore. I agree he is legit. I don't think he's an Ed Reed type ballhawk but i do think he hits harder and tackles better. I just think he's more of a luxury than a need.

Chadman
02-14-2011, 10:45 PM
7) John Connor-FB Kentucky Here is to me wishing we get a true FB in the draft. I know we don't draft FBs but this guy can block and I would love to see him in the BnG.

um...John Connor was drafted by the Jets last year....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5913/player?r=1

Yeah, but he sent himself back from the year 2026 to take part in consecutive drafts to see if he might go a little higher second time around with his new cyborg technology...

Don't you know ANYTHING?? :D

grotonsteel
02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Interesting draft.

I have not seen Rahim play so can't comment on him but i like the Safety position. I am not sure if there is any FS/SS which can be taken in Rd 1. After watching the SB its crystal clear Clark is a liability in coverage. I would like a ball hawk Safety.

I am not in favor of drafting a CB in Rd 1. Its a waste of a pick. He will take 3 years to become a starter and also what is the point of picking a CB in Rd 1 and make him play 10 yards away from WR even on 3rd and 5 courtesy Dick Lebeau scheme.

Demarcus Love..I had him in Rd 1 in my previous draft. I was impressed the way he played against LSU. But he struggled in Senior Bowl. I don't know if he is another Duke Robinson. I think combine might give a better idea about Love.

Casey matthews in 3rd Rd is pretty high i would say.

Kendrick and Chekwa are good players in 4th and 5th Rd though.

Also like the idea of good blocking FB.

MeetJoeGreene
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Truly a well-thought out mock draft that merits praise, laud, and consideration.

Oviedo
02-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Interesting draft.

I have not seen Rahim play so can't comment on him but i like the Safety position. I am not sure if there is any FS/SS which can be taken in Rd 1. After watching the SB its crystal clear Clark is a liability in coverage. I would like a ball hawk Safety.

I am not in favor of drafting a CB in Rd 1. Its a waste of a pick. He will take 3 years to become a starter and also what is the point of picking a CB in Rd 1 and make him play 10 yards away from WR even on 3rd and 5 courtesy bad word Lebeau scheme.

Demarcus Love..I had him in Rd 1 in my previous draft. I was impressed the way he played against LSU. But he struggled in Senior Bowl. I don't know if he is another Duke Robinson. I think combine might give a better idea about Love.

I tend to agree with your assessment of "why bother drafting a DB in Round 1 if LeBeau won't let him play." That's why I'll be adjusting my Mock shortly.

RuthlessBurgher
02-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Interesting draft.

I am not in favor of drafting a CB in Rd 1. Its a waste of a pick. He will take 3 years to become a starter and also what is the point of picking a CB in Rd 1 and make him play 10 yards away from WR even on 3rd and 5 courtesy bad word Lebeau scheme.

I tend to agree with your assessment of "why bother drafting a DB in Round 1 if LeBeau won't let him play." That's why I'll be adjusting my Mock shortly.

If you keep adhering to this philosophy, then you'll never draft another defensive player again. Don't just think about who will help us most next season. Think about who will have the best long-term career. We had to wait for guys like Troy Polamalu and Lawrence Timmons to make an impact, while Kendall Simmons and Troy Edwards started 20 games between them during their rookie seasons.

The Sodfather
02-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah Dick will never let them play.

:?

Shawn
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
My bad on the FB. I'll make an adjustment shortly.

Shawn
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Since you made you mock a Topic, I guess it is open to discussion. Let me start by saying it isn't an attack on you or anything...I just don't like it.

1. Rahim Moore in the 1st? No thanks. I really don't see any Safety talent in the 1st. After the Senior Bowl, I have Carter graded higher. It might be pick #40 before a S comes off the board. If you want to go secondary, Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith. Aaron Williams might sneak into the end of the 1st, but I'm not a fan of his. He is a "tweener' CB to me. Meaning he doesn't have elite athletic ability nor is he a physical CB who can run. I like Harris's quickness and fluid hips. Lots of upside and already at a high level. Smith is a "Steelers" type of CB. Big & physical with very good instincts and athleticism. Hits like a S and runs like a CB. Williams is a little stiff in the hips and not very physical for his size. He looks like a very good #3 CB in this league. I wouldn't take him if Harris & Smith are gone.

2. Demarcus Love in the 2nd? He really struggled at the Senior Bowl and I think he is a 3rd round OG...Only. We will see. If Marcus Cannon was there after a 1st round CB, I would take him.

3. Casey Mathews in the 3rd? Is it the love for the name that had you pick him in the 3rd? He isn't anything close to his brother. Probably a 5th round pick. I'm not a fan of an ILB before the 4th. ILB tend to fall after the elite guys come off. You might have some bad 40 times or see them struggle in position drills and guys like Sturdivant, McCarthy, and Sheppard are all still on the board when the 4th round starts.

4. Kendrick Ellis...Now him I like. At least the guy between the lines I like. Not sure he will be around in the 4th. Also not sure the Steelers will have him on their board. Similiar to Marvin Austin. Love to have the "football players"...But not the off field characters.

5. Chimdi Chekwa I would be happy with especially in the 5th. Don't see how he goes any later than the 4th.

6. I'm not sure on Dane Sanzenbacher. Like the effort but not sure he will be able to get seperation at the next level. As a PSU homer, never impressed.

Was I not supposed to make it my mock a post? There might be a new format which I am not aware of.

1) Some of the names you mention in the first will be long gone by 31. Jimmy Smith is projected by many to be top 20. If he does fall to 31, I think he is a no brainer pick. As for Harris, I believe him to be very talented but I think he has had some off the field issues. He is also projected by many to be a top 20 pick. I think Sherrod is a possibility at this point.

2) Love until he met Heyward, (although not lined up against him for much of the game) did get beat once real bad. He also had a poor showing in the Senior Bowl. But, the guy has had what most would consider a first round career in the tough SEC. Maybe he is playing through a minor injury or possibly having a bad say. Certainly his combine will sort some of this out. But, with his position diversity, wide body, strength, and being a solid SEC Tackle/Guard I think late round 2 is very reasonable.

3) I might be in the minority but I really like Mathews. I haven't gotten to see him as much as Oregon fans but from what I did see I was left very impressed. I have also seen some scouting reports on him that were very positive. Maybe 3rd is bit of a stretch considering he might fall to the 4th or 5th but I think it's very possible that he goes much earlier. 3/31 is almost a 4th round pick and honestly I don't think he falls out of the 4th. Could be wrong.

6) I would have the same reservation about Sanzenbacher as yourself. I wonder about seperation. But, he is tough and physical for his size. I believe his solid route running will find him seperation. And let me say, he is far from slow. I would guess him in the low 4.5's or high 4.4's.

Dee Dub
02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
My bad on the FB. I'll make an adjustment shortly.

Dont listen to these guys about Rahim Moore. That is a solid pick.

Oviedo
02-15-2011, 04:57 PM

Was I not supposed to make it my mock a post? There might be a new format which I am not aware of.

1) Some of the names you mention in the first will be long gone by 31. Jimmy Smith is projected by many to be top 20. If he does fall to 31, I think he is a no brainer pick. As for Harris, I believe him to be very talented but I think he has had some off the field issues. He is also projected by many to be a top 20 pick. I think Sherrod is a possibility at this point.

2) Love until he met Heyward, (although not lined up against him for much of the game) did get beat once real bad. He also had a poor showing in the Senior Bowl. But, the guy has had what most would consider a first round career in the tough SEC. Maybe he is playing through a minor injury or possibly having a bad say. Certainly his combine will sort some of this out. But, with his position diversity, wide body, strength, and being a solid SEC Tackle/Guard I think late round 2 is very reasonable.

3) I might be in the minority but I really like Mathews. I haven't gotten to see him as much as Oregon fans but from what I did see I was left very impressed. I have also seen some scouting reports on him that were very positive. Maybe 3rd is bit of a stretch considering he might fall to the 4th or 5th but I think it's very possible that he goes much earlier. 3/31 is almost a 4th round pick and honestly I don't think he falls out of the 4th. Could be wrong.

6) I would have the same reservation about Sanzenbacher as yourself. I wonder about seperation. But, he is tough and physical for his size. I believe his solid route running will find him seperation. And let me say, he is far from slow. I would guess him in the low 4.5's or high 4.4's.

Reference Sanzenbacher, we have a glut of "slot type" WRs now in Ward, Sanders, ARE and Brown. We don't need another. We need another outside guy with some size who can help draw some of the over the top coverage away from Wallace.

hawaiiansteel
02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Reference Sanzenbacher, we have a glut of "slot type" WRs now in Ward, Sanders, ARE and Brown.

yeah, but Sanzenbacher has the chance to be the next Troy Brown... :D

(that was for you RB) :Cheers

Shawn
02-15-2011, 06:08 PM
O...Brown is considered by some to be the fastest WR on the team. Yep...even faster than Wallace.

Speed is not everything. Ward proved that over his career. Heart, route running, hands, physical play, and the willingness to make tough catches over the middle made Ward great. We will miss that when he is gone. Sanzenbacher brings that to the table.

And trust me, Sanzenbacher is faster than Ward, and ARE.

Shawn
02-15-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zir8SXzjzA

Listen to the interview. Does that sound like anyone we know?

IMO, he plays like him to...certainly in his savy and toughness. No one blocks like Ward but Dane is a tough little dude with a chip on his shoulder. I like it. I will actually compare a white WR to an korean/black WR. Sanzenbacher could very well be the next Hines Ward.

Dee Dub
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I don’t care what anyone here says. Had Rahim Moore come out last year after picking off 10 he goes top 15. His ceiling could be Ed Reed. And if we get something that is close to that or in the same neighborhood to team with Troy you are looking at no more problems in the deep middle for the Steelers.

Shawn here is where I am right now…

1-Rahim Moore FS
2-Ras-I Dowling CB
3-Sione Fua NT or John Moffitt OG
4-Niles Paul WR

I think…

Ike Taylor-Rahim Moore-Troy Pololamalu-Ras-I Dowling would rival the league’s best secondary’s.

RuthlessBurgher
02-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Reference Sanzenbacher, we have a glut of "slot type" WRs now in Ward, Sanders, ARE and Brown.

yeah, but Sanzenbacher has the chance to be the next Troy Brown... :D

(that was for you RB) :Cheers

Yeah...but no one would ever dare to compare Dane to a half-Korean, half-bla...D@MMIT!!! Never mind. :P

Shawn
02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I don’t care what anyone here says. Had Rahim Moore come out last year after picking off 10 he goes top 15. His ceiling could be Ed Reed. And if we get something that is close to that or in the same neighborhood to team with Troy you are looking at no more problems in the deep middle for the Steelers.

Shawn here is where I am right now…

1-Rahim Moore FS
2-Ras-I Dowling CB
3-Sione Fua NT or John Moffitt OG
4-Niles Paul WR

I think…

Ike Taylor-Rahim Moore-Troy Pololamalu-Ras-I Dowling would rival the league’s best secondary’s.

I believe Moore will be the highest on the Steelers board. I believe many of the guys others talk about will be gone. Moore is a solid BPA pick at that position. As for Dowling I like the pick but think he is gone by 62. If he or Ballard are there I would change my pick. But, I believe both will be gone. Fua is very interesting. I like him playing against better talent than a Hampton NT but he lacks elite size for a NT. But, I must admit he is supposed to be a run stopping bull.

Shawn
02-16-2011, 01:03 AM
A guy I'm really liking at least on paper...reading some really good things about Muhammad Wilkerson...305# would make a perfect 3-4 DE. I might consider moving my second rounder to fit him in.

SidSmythe
02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Truly a well-thought out mock draft that merits praise, laud, and consideration.

Oh wow, my apologies for my comment on Chadman's post!! nice!! :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Ok....I'll be the first to say it......

That is an excellent mock draft.

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2011, 11:01 AM

MJG already said that. Fancier, even. :wink:

fordfixer
02-17-2011, 02:09 AM

MJG already said that. Fancier, even. :wink:

Am I the first to say oh no here we go again :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :lol:

hawaiiansteel
02-17-2011, 03:06 AM
Casey Matthews Scouting Report

By Greg Cox

Casey Matthews, 6-1/232
Inside Linebacker
Oregon

http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/CaseyMatthews.jpg

Strengths:

High football IQ
Active with great instincts
Hard worker
Elite NFL bloodlines
Will contribute on special teams

Weaknesses:

Lacks speed
Trouble shedding blocks
Not a pass rusher like brother Clay
Size and strength not ideal

Summary:

Casey Matthews has long hair and plays linebacker. Other than that he does not compare favorably to his older brother Clay, which is unfortunate for him when it comes to getting selected early in the 2011 NFL Draft. He is a high-effort player though and can stick around by contributing on special teams if nothing else.

Player Comparison:

Zach Thomas. Like Thomas, Matthews was not blessed with overwhelming athletic ability or size. They both compensate by studying the game and getting into position to make plays rather than using elite speed to make up for being in the wrong position.

http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingr ... s_greg.php (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011cmatthews_greg.php)

Oviedo
02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Casey Matthews Scouting Report

By Greg Cox

Casey Matthews, 6-1/232
Inside Linebacker
Oregon

http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/CaseyMatthews.jpg

Strengths:

High football IQ
Active with great instincts
Hard worker
Elite NFL bloodlines
Will contribute on special teams

Weaknesses:

Lacks speed
Trouble shedding blocks
Not a pass rusher like brother Clay
Size and strength not ideal

Summary:

Casey Matthews has long hair and plays linebacker. Other than that he does not compare favorably to his older brother Clay, which is unfortunate for him when it comes to getting selected early in the 2011 NFL Draft. He is a high-effort player though and can stick around by contributing on special teams if nothing else.

Player Comparison:

Zach Thomas. Like Thomas, Matthews was not blessed with overwhelming athletic ability or size. They both compensate by studying the game and getting into position to make plays rather than using elite speed to make up for being in the wrong position.

http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingr ... s_greg.php (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011cmatthews_greg.php)

Better pick is:

Bruce Miller from UCF. While he played DE at UCF many are projecting him fitting in best at ILB. Kid is solid in all aspects of the game and has a non-stop motor. High character kid too.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... Miller.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/ILB/Bruce-Miller.php)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... genpos=OLB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=74939&draftyear=2011&genpos=OLB)

Shawn
02-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Mock revised a bit.

1) Rahim Moore-FS 6 foot 1 196# UCLA, With Jimmy Smith, Pouncey and Carmini gone...I believe the Steelers will select the best FS in the draft. Moore will be a solid to spectacular safety at the next level. There are also some suggestions he can play DB at the next level. He will instantly add coverage skills to our pass defenses. He upgrades our secondary from day 1. If Heyward is still there he would be tough to pass on. When motivated he is one of the most dominating DTs I have had the pleasure of watching play for the Buckeyes. But, with questions about his motivation to play, the impending strike I just don't think the Steelers take the chance.

2) Muhammed Wilkerson-DE 305# Temple, If this guys falls to us in two the only thing that would keep the Steelers from drafting him is the kid's small school status. This guy is a player. He is a man amongst boys and excels at not only run stuffing but rushing the QB. Wilkerson ended his junior campaign with 70 tackles, 13.0 tackles-for-loss and 9.5 sacks.

3) C. Mathews-ILB 6 foot 1 234# Oregon, smart instinctual, football in his genes. I got to watch him a bit in college and was left impressed. He seemed more like a second round talent to me. But, many are projecting him in the 4th-5th. I think he goes much earlier. I believe he is a perfect fit for the Steelers who love tough and smart football players.

4) Kendrick Ellis-NT Hampton 6 foot 5 340 pounds. Yeah this is a big boy who can really stop the run and plug gaps. Small school will drop a guy who would go 2 rounds earlier had he played in the SEC or Big Ten. He rounds out our DL for the next 5-10 years.

5) C. Chekwa-DB 6 foot 190# OSU, raw but has all the tools, needs good coaching to avoid mental mistakes. He is quick, fast and can recover from mistakes. The only thing that gives me hestitation with this pick is he is not a typical Steeler DB. He must improve on his tacking skills. But, adding this kind of speed and coverage ability this late in the draft would be too much to pass up.

6) D. Sanzenbacher-OSU WR 5 foot 11, 180# I love this guys heart. Very good hands, willing to sacrifice his body, leads by example. He runs very good routes, disciplined WR but lacks elite speed. He is a perfect fit for the Steelers as a replacement for Ward.

7) To be decided later.

hawaiiansteel
02-18-2011, 04:23 PM
no OL?

RuthlessBurgher
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
no OL?

Yeah, that strikes me as odd. First 5 picks on defense, and no corner until the 5th round (and that particular corner may be more suited to be a safety in the pros).

Shawn
02-18-2011, 04:55 PM
no OL?

Work in progress as you can see with 7 gone. Mathews will likely get moved back to the 4th and there might be a nice guard in the third.

Shawn
02-18-2011, 04:55 PM
no OL?

Yeah, that strikes me as odd. First 5 picks on defense, and no corner until the 5th round (and that particular corner may be more suited to be a safety in the pros).

I thought it was always BPA. :D

hawaiiansteel
02-18-2011, 05:42 PM
no OL?

I thought it was always BPA. :D

Pittsburgh Steelers Draft Tendencies:

-Place exceptionally high value on character, possibly more so than any other NFL team.
-In recent years, have drafted college defensive ends to turn them into 3-4 linebackers
-Almost always choose BPA
-Almost always hit a home run on 1st & 2nd round picks
-Not afraid to move up in the draft to acquire a player they really like (Polamalu, Santonio Holmes, Sepulveda, etc.)
-Willing to move down in the draft to pick up extra draft picks

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/for ... d.php?1013 (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/forums/showthread.php?1013)

RuthlessBurgher
02-18-2011, 08:32 PM
-Almost always hit a home run on 1st & 2nd round picks

I'll give you 1st round picks (no awful first rounders at all in the Colbert era, and really only Troy Edwards in 99 and Jamain Stephens in 96 were the only flat out busts that we've had in the first round going back as far as the 91 Huey Richardson debacle), but we haven't had near the same degree of success in round 2. In the last 8 drafts, we have unearthed one single gem in round 2 (Woodley):

2010 Jason Worilds (maybe, we don't know exactly what we have yet)
2009 None
2008 Limas Sweed (bubble on the verge of bursting)
2007 LaMarr Woodley (Ka-Ching!!!)
2006 None
2005 Bryant McFadden (been okay at times, horrendous at others)
2004 Ricardo Colclough (A Salma Hayek level bust!)
2003 Alonzo Jackson (A Dolly Parton level bust!)

If you go back even further than that, there seem to be just as many reasonably solid ones (Antwaan Randle El, Kendrell Bell, Marvel Smith) as horrendous ones (Scott Shields, Jeremy Staat, Will Blackwell).