PDA

View Full Version : How Unrealistic Would This Be?

Flasteel
02-12-2011, 12:00 PM
We all know the Pouncey twins are as tight as possible without actually being married. We also know that they share the exact same DNA and Mike is a powerful, proven guard in his own right.

Would Maurkice feel out the franchise for their level of interest and the brothers conspire to tank Mike's combine/pro day workouts?

Would the franchise even go so far as to join the collaboration and promise to sweeten his contract if he did? I doubt that, but in a world created by backroom handshakes, I can't say it's out of the question either.

I guess we'll find out as we move forward, but I will be keeping a definite eye on Mike Pouncey's workouts. Of course we still have to pick him on draft day, but there will be an intersesting trail of breadcrumbs laid down if this actually comes to fruition. :D

Crash
02-12-2011, 12:10 PM
The FO has already supposedly told Markice that they would like to draft his brother BUT...I don't think they would tell him to tank a workout on purpose.

sentinel33
02-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Might as well lump us right in with the cheatriots. No F'n way!!!

birtikidis
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I've heard that there is a good possibility that Mike will not be attending pro day workouts or the combine. not 100% for sure yet... but don't be surprised if it happens.

Steelgal
02-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I've heard that there is a good possibility that Mike will not be attending pro day workouts or the combine. not 100% for sure yet... but don't be surprised if it happens.

I read that as well somewhere. Can't remember where, but it was right around the time of the Senior Bowl, I believe.

hawaiiansteel
02-12-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID15870/images/Tinfoil_Hat_Cat.jpghttp://images.sodahead.com/polls/001241193/conspiracy_theories_answer_1_xlarge.png

D Rock
02-12-2011, 02:00 PM
absolutely I believe that will happen.

And it's incredibly smart. I would do it if I were Mike. What's he have to lose....a couple million dollars? His brother is already paid big and likely going to continue to be so for a long time. The chance to play together far outweighs the lost money IMO.

The Steelers don't have to have anything to do with it technically. If they say to Maurkice...."hey we'd love to reunite you and your brother on the line for the next 10 years" and Maurkice and Mike worked out a plan for him to tank workouts....then that's not on the Steelers at all.

Ozey74
02-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see one of our division foe's crapping in our fruit loops and selecting him.

:ratsuck :brownssuck :bungalssuck

ScoreKeeper
02-12-2011, 03:15 PM
If they want to play together that bad, then just go the Eli and Elway route. Refuse to play for anyone but the Steelers.

If he tanks workouts, then I believe the Steelers could be open to a collusion suit. I might be wrong but I would bet there would be massive bitc hing.

I, like some here, have heard he is not going to the combine and will hold no workouts.

Dee Dub
02-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Me personally..........I want the Steelers to select the best player and highest rated on their board remaining when pick number 31 comes. That seems to work very well for this franchise.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I would do it if I were Mike. What's he have to lose....a couple million dollars? His brother is already paid big and likely going to continue to be so for a long time. The chance to play together far outweighs the lost money IMO.

Spoken like a fan, instead of a player. :lol:

Me personally..........I want the Steelers to select the best player and highest rated on their board remaining when pick number 31 comes. That seems to work very well for this franchise.
Yup. And that's what they will do.

birtikidis
02-13-2011, 08:30 PM

I read that as well somewhere. Can't remember where, but it was right around the time of the Senior Bowl, I believe.
Here I was thinking I was breaking news... I'd heard about it through a mutual friend, but hey, if it's in print, awesome.