PDA

View Full Version : I wonder

chiken
02-12-2011, 04:02 AM
After reading all of this crap about how the owners have all the leverage in this CBA deal.. I wonder what would happen if all of the Stars (Peyton, Brady, Brees, Peterson, Rogers, Troy etc etc) put in their Retirement papers... Could that force the Owners hands...

I wonder what would happen?

Discipline of Steel
02-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Dont forget James Harrison and we see how that worked out. Ultimately, we have to remember that players are athletes who have a desire to compete in the sport they love.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I wonder what would happen if a bunch of the star players said they were going to sign one year deals in the CFL to make some money since they have no place to work.

chiken
02-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Dont forget James Harrison and we see how that worked out. Ultimately, we have to remember that players are athletes who have a desire to compete in the sport they love.

I agree. I wouldn't think they would Actually retire.. just put fill out the paper work... before the march 4th. Ala Farve... I mean you are allowed to un-retire right?

I think this would force the owners to come down off the high-horse. this would also make Fans uneasy, another thing that would work against the owners.

They are playing this game with the players because they know that the players will be there in the end. But what if they didn't know that? would that make them get back to the table?