PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 and I am still ticked

SteelCrazy
02-10-2011, 01:05 AM
I cant get rid of this sick feeling in my gut. We played horrible, to our standards, and still had a chance to win it with a minute to play. That 4th and 5, I knew it was going to be converted. My 2 boys were hiding their faces and I calmly said, " They'll get it boys, they always do" and bam! Wallace drops it. I hate the NFLN and havent had it on my TV since the drop. I still want to punch someone in the face, especially any new GB fans.

Im sorry to be bitter on here after they played their hearts out, but I used to cry when Terry B, Lynn S, John S, Mean Joe, and LC would lose. If my boys wouldn't make fun of me, I'd probably cry now.

How does everyone else feel? better, worse, the same?

Crash
02-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Frustrated. Frustrated that we didn't really adjust to anything. When we cut it to 21-17 and had two possessions to take the lead I maybe we'd see some no huddle with their secondary so beat up.

The defensive strategy was even worse. Harrison spent a helluva lot of time doing nothing in pass coverage. Soft zone crap.

We had two weeks to come up with a game plan and it was as vanilla as the first Jets game.

Starlifter
02-10-2011, 01:23 AM
I've toughed it out and watched the game a couple times since. what bothers me the most, and I'm sure will haunt the players, is just how many opportunities they missed. Woodley was inches away from Rodgers on several occasions. The TD Rodgers threw over the middle had to be one finger away from incomplete/interception. Going away from the run after it had brought the game to 21-17 and ending up missing a long FG. Having to waste 2 timeouts early in the second half. Most of us seem to be forgetting what a beautiful 2 minute drive Ben ran at the end of the first half to get back in the game. That one was well-organized and effective. Unlike the one we needed at the end.

I think we still are correct in giving GB more credit than Steelers blame - those passes by Rodgers were unbelievably accurate. Having said that, capitalize on just one or two of those missed opportunities and I'm pretty sure the Steelers know they would have had #7. They were outplayed, but not so much they were ever out of the game. Ultimately, they let it slip away.

SteelCrazy
02-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Crash, I agree with you on not using the no huddle especially how beaten they were. Its not like we didnt throw the ball enough, but those schemes were so generic, I could have ran the routes and gotten just as open (no one was open). GB's game plan was to stop Woodley and Harrison on D and we helped them by having Harrison in coverage. Sometimes LeBeau out thinks himself. Arians though, just because we lost Sanders you dont throw away a game plan! Put Mewelde Moore in there, he can run routes and has decent hands. That's a bit of a stretch, I know, but come on!

anger 82&95
02-10-2011, 07:44 AM
I cant get rid of this sick feeling in my gut. We played horrible, to our standards, and still had a chance to win it with a minute to play. That 4th and 5, I knew it was going to be converted. My 2 boys were hiding their faces and I calmly said, " They'll get it boys, they always do" and bam! Wallace drops it. I hate the NFLN and havent had it on my TV since the drop. I still want to punch someone in the face, especially any new GB fans.

Im sorry to be bitter on here after they played their hearts out, but I used to cry when Terry B, Lynn S, John S, Mean Joe, and LC would lose. If my boys wouldn't make fun of me, I'd probably cry now.

How does everyone else feel? better, worse, the same?
I'm still in a bit of a daze. At least my friends know to not mention anything football related for at least another week.

MeetJoeGreene
02-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I am still in a funk.

I haven't posted much.

I haven't listened to any sports talk radio or watched ESPN/NFLN.

Can't stand the thought of what they are saying.

Steelers>NFL
02-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Could've been worst. At least it was not the Dallas Cowgirls that the Steelers lost to.
That would have put me over the deepend. But I m ok. Ready to move on this year/this time.

Oviedo
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Life goes on even if football might now for a long time. Once fundamental reality is you can't changed history.

The draft is coming up to amuse us.

There will eventually be football and the slate will be wiped clean and we can be filled with optimism that our team will again be competitive and compete for a championship. Half the NFL can't even look forward to that.

feltdizz
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm good... I would much rather lose and know we could have won the game than just get beat down and embarrassed.

I have received a ton of flack from coworkers and friends but it comes with the territory.

I still can't bring myself to watch the game though... or NFLN.

proudpittsburgher
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I have had a really bad week with the STeelers losing on Sunday and my losing my steady but stresfull freelance gig on Monday, forcing me back into my lean (and I mean lean) budgeting ways. That being said . . . I was surprisingly mostly over the loss the next morning, and I'm even better now. Of course, I tend to fall in the "glass half full" crowd on this board, so take it for what it's worth.

We played pretty horrible, gave a really good football team every opportunity to run away with it, made a crapton of mistakes and still had Green Bay fans crapping in their cheesheads in the fourth quarter. While I hate adding a number to the loss column, every ribbing I get from other teams' fans outside of Packers fans rings empty with me, because they shut up when I ask them what their team did this season, or over the past decade for that matter.

While I am giving up any sports talk TV or radio, I am rekindling my relationship with blue-collar radio on XM and 60's on 6, so it's all good. Plus, the shows piling up on my DVR are starting to get watched and deleted.

Life goes on, and the closer we get to the draft, the more we will forget about this and start thinking about what might be come next season. It's alright fellas, it's going to be OK. :tt1

SteelBucks
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm good... I would much rather lose and know we could have won the game than just get beat down and embarrassed.

I have received a ton of flack from coworkers and friends but it comes with the territory.

I still can't bring myself to watch the game though... or NFLN.

I can't/won't watch the game and I've stayed away from the NFLN and ESPN also. I'll give it another week and then start checking in. Hopefully by then talk will only be around the CBA and the combine.

Man the offseason sucks!!

SteelerNation1
02-10-2011, 10:46 AM
I feel like I'm going to wake up in Dallas and it's going to be Super Bowl Sunday again. This feels like a bad dream.

SteelBucks
02-10-2011, 10:50 AM
This feels like a bad dream.

That sums it up perfectly.

NC Steeler Fan
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I haven't caught any chit from anyone...mainly folks just walk into my office, see the
Steelers shrine I've created on the wall and sheepishly say, "Oh, I'm sorry."

However, if anyone DOES start any crap with me you can be sure I'll come across with, "WhereTF was your team last Sunday, eh?"...

As a rule, I never start anything with anyone. It's just bad karma as far as I'm concerned and downright impolite. I don't even pick fights with patsie fans although it's certainly tempting.

But, I'll get up on my tippy toes and in somebody's face if they start it AND push it. :twisted:

I figure the big ones probably can't catch my asc if it comes down to i! :lol:

Iron Shiek
02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Life goes on even if football might now for a long time. Once fundamental reality is you can't changed history.

The draft is coming up to amuse us.

There will eventually be football and the slate will be wiped clean and we can be filled with optimism that our team will again be competitive and compete for a championship. Half the NFL can't even look forward to that.

Optimism is a good word. I've moved on and am looking forward to the draft and next season already (other than when I see GB crap on tv). I like the fact that we can say, "Oh well, wait til next year", and its already next year. Unlike the Browns who have to say that at like week 6.

How can any browns fan even look forward to this draft after the debacle of the draft 2 years ago and basically cutting everyone you acquired. Ugh...so fortunate for us.

papillon
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
This team exceeded any and all expectations for this season. I have accepted Ben's style of play which is high risk and high reward. In this particular instance he lost his gamble and I'm fine with that. It was exciting and because of his mentality and particular set of skills the Steelers were actually in a game in which should have been a rout. I'm good with it; would have rather won the game, but the opportunity was there and they came up short.

Looking forward to watching the next Steeler game, whenever that may be.

Pappy

skyhawk
02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
We played about like we did in SB XL. We play the Seahawks or Cardinals caliber of a team and we win. The Packers were simply better competition. The Steelers are a defensively physical and over achieving team and that's about it.

Oviedo
02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
We played about like we did in SB XL. We play the Seahawks or Cardinals caliber of a team and we win. The Packers were simply better competition. The Steelers are a defensively physical and over achieving team and that's about it.

The Packers were the worst possible NFC match up for us. Any other NFC play off team and we win without a doubt. I was hoping every week of the play offs that the Packers would get knocked off because I knew if we played them we would be in trouble.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-11-2011, 08:36 AM
I am still in a funk.

I haven't posted much.

I haven't listened to any sports talk radio or watched ESPN/NFLN.

Can't stand the thought of what they are saying.

My thoughts 100%, every word.

I walk out of the room if I can when ESPN is on. Thankfully NFLN hasn't been on in my house.

The Packers came loaded for bear, they played like it, we didn't, so we lost.

papillon
02-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Okay, why don't you all go on over to mamby-pamby land you Jack wagons. Do you want a tissue? Not! :P

:tt2

Pappy

Wolfhound45
02-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I am still in a funk.

This.

If we stumbled into the Super Bowl as the "least worst" of the AFC playoff teams then I could accept the loss. The fact that we were just as good as the Packers and did not execute bothers me the most. I have not watched the game again and will not. Just cannot bring myself to watch that debacle unfold again.

Bummed.

Crash
02-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Watched it twice, no need anymore after I edited my DVD stuff.

I keep hoping Speath and Johnson would just disappear.