PDA

View Full Version : One Crazy Mock Draft - 2011 Edition

SteelCrazy
02-09-2011, 04:29 PM
1. Mike Pouncey OG Florida: We can hope

2. Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia 6' 2" 200: I hope he makes it to late 2nd but I doubt he makes it out of 1st. This is my dream 2nd rd pick.

3. Quan Sturdivant, LB, North Carolina 6' 2" 232: He is a hard hitter with good range in coverage and good instincts who doesn't miss his gaps.

4. John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin 6' 4" 314: Can play both G and C. You know how we love versatility

5. George Bryan, TE, N.C. State 6' 5" 255: 1st team All ACC and can block decent

6. Darius Morris, OT/G, Temple 6' 4" 319: He can play both guard and tackle

7. Quizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State: He has speed but isnt seen as an every down back...nice change of pace

steelerkeylargo
02-09-2011, 04:38 PM

2. Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia 6' 2" 200: I hope he makes it to late 2nd but I doubt he makes it out of 1st. This is my dream 2nd rd pick.

3. Quan Sturdivant, LB, North Carolina 6' 2" 232: He is a hard hitter with good range in coverage and good instincts who doesn't miss his gaps.

4. John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin 6' 4" 314: Can play both G and C. You know how we love versatility

5. George Bryan, TE, N.C. State 6' 5" 255: 1st team All ACC and can block decent

7. Quizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State: He has speed but isnt seen as an every down back...nice change of pace

That is definitely CRAZY. You have em drafting five Guys who will be gone in the first 3 rounds.

SteelCrazy
02-09-2011, 05:03 PM

That is definitely CRAZY. You have em drafting five Guys who will be gone in the first 3 rounds.

What? Pouncey projected to go 1-2 rd
Ras projected late 1st to late 2nd
Quan projected to go 2-3
Moffit 4-6
Bryan 5-7
Morris 5-7
Rodgers 5-7 unless you know something i dont about it, which i wouldnt doubt, but would never admit.

steelerkeylargo
02-09-2011, 11:28 PM

Quan projected to go 2-3
Moffit 4-6
Bryan 5-7
Morris 5-7
Rodgers 5-7 unless you know something i dont about it, which i wouldnt doubt, but would never admit.

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/?page_id=58

SteelCrazy
02-10-2011, 12:14 AM

Quan projected to go 2-3
Moffit 4-6
Bryan 5-7
Morris 5-7

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/?page_id=58

I go by walterfootball.com so that makes me right! i'd have to trust you though because i dont much about individual talent in college outside of Ohio St.

hawaiiansteel
02-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I go by walterfootball.com so that makes me right! i'd have to trust you though because i dont much about individual talent in college outside of Ohio St.

what do you think of S Jermale Hines?

SteelCrazy
02-10-2011, 12:43 AM

what do you think of S Jermale Hines?

I'm a little biased, but I think he is awesome. He's no Troy, but has great potential. He stands over 6 feet..i think 6'2" and well over 200 lbs. he'll probably go in the 3rd or 4th round, but we could do a lot worse if we were to take a safety. He can lay the wood too.....

SteelCrazy
02-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Correction: most draft sites have him going in the 5th or 6th......that would be a steal in my opinion

hawaiiansteel
02-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Correction: most draft sites have him going in the 5th or 6th......that would be a steal in my opinion

I've been looking for a S to put into my mock draft, the times I saw Jermale Hines play he did very well. if he's still there in the 5th or 6th round the Steelers would have to consider him if they haven't already drafted a S by then.

SteelCrazy
02-10-2011, 01:31 AM

I've been looking for a S to put into my mock draft, the times I saw Jermale Hines play he did very well. if he's still there in the 5th or 6th round the Steelers would have to consider him if they haven't already drafted a S by then.

I went and got a scouting report on him and they arent as high on him as I am:

Jermale Hines, FS, Ohio State

Ohio State University's Jermale Hines is a 2011 NFL Draft safety prospect for the Buckeyes. Hines excels as a great tackler who isn't afraid to come down in run support. He has NFL-ready size and adequate speed.
Hines is most comfortable on first downs, coming down in run support and playing behind the linebackers to make big hits and clean up any ball-carriers that may come his way. For a free safety, he has the right size and frame.

Where he needs to continue to improve is his ability to read and react in zone coverages. Ohio State's defensive system runs a lot of simple zone coverages where Hines will cover a deep half. This is typically a double coverage. In man-to-man coverage, Hines can be beaten. He plays very stiff in the hips and plays with poor technique. While his speed is decent, he can be beat deep.

In the NFL, they use a lot of Cover 1 defense, this means a defender plays toward the middle of the field and must cover the deep zone from sideline to sideline. Hines is simply not quick enough nor has the burst to do this effectively. This could be a deal-breaker for some teams.

Jermale Hines currently projects as a sixth round prospect for the 2011 NFL Draft.

Shawn
02-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah I wonder if either Pouncey or Dowling will be there at those positions but if they are...no brainer picks. I would be very happy if it worked out like this.

calmkiller
02-10-2011, 09:08 AM
If you are looking for a S to put in your draft, give Robert Sands S WVU a look to. 3rd rounder I think.

MeetJoeGreene
02-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Truly a well reasoned mock draft that is deserving of praise, laud, and attention.

The Sodfather
02-10-2011, 09:30 AM
I can't imagine we'll take two IOL in the first 4 rounds.

SteelCrazy
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM

You read MJG's take on this mock, so just accept it!

papillon
02-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Truly a well reasoned mock draft that is deserving of praise, laud, and attention.

Here we go... :lol: :lol:

Oh, and by the way, That's an excellent mock draft" :P

Pappy

The Sodfather
02-11-2011, 01:00 PM

I "bowel" to your superior intellect.

SteelCrazy
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
[quote="The Sodfather":31aqivfk]I can't imagine we'll take two IOL in the first 4 rounds.

I "bowel" to your superior intellect.[/quote:31aqivfk]

You can add Pap to those that are amazed by my talents in mock drafting.....some may feel pap and mjg were being sarcastic, but I know that wasnt their intentions.

BrownSteel
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM

I went and got a scouting report on him and they arent as high on him as I am:

Jermale Hines, FS, Ohio State

Ohio State University's Jermale Hines is a 2011 NFL Draft safety prospect for the Buckeyes. Hines excels as a great tackler who isn't afraid to come down in run support. He has NFL-ready size and adequate speed.
Hines is most comfortable on first downs, coming down in run support and playing behind the linebackers to make big hits and clean up any ball-carriers that may come his way. For a free safety, he has the right size and frame.

Where he needs to continue to improve is his ability to read and react in zone coverages. Ohio State's defensive system runs a lot of simple zone coverages where Hines will cover a deep half. This is typically a double coverage. In man-to-man coverage, Hines can be beaten. He plays very stiff in the hips and plays with poor technique. While his speed is decent, he can be beat deep.

In the NFL, they use a lot of Cover 1 defense, this means a defender plays toward the middle of the field and must cover the deep zone from sideline to sideline. Hines is simply not quick enough nor has the burst to do this effectively. This could be a deal-breaker for some teams.

Jermale Hines currently projects as a sixth round prospect for the 2011 NFL Draft.

Tyrone Carter