PDA

View Full Version : Randel El

JAR
02-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Does anyone see a reason he stays? Veteran presence? Really?

Ward thought they'd do it right until the end, when they had a first-down on their 13 and two minutes to go. However, without criticizing anyone, he was not happy he did not get much of an opportunity on that drive. Heath Miller caught the first pass for 15 yards. Ward caught the next for 5 yards -- which wasted about 30 seconds because Antwaan Randle El acknowledged he lined up on the wrong side.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11040/11 ... z1DRZQKRi7 (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11040/1123988-66.stm#ixzz1DRZQKRi7)

SidSmythe
02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I really wish WARD dropped that pass!!

Steelers>NFL
02-09-2011, 10:59 AM

I wished that Ben played better in the last 2 minutes. He looked lost and flustered.

SidSmythe
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM

I wished that Ben played better in the last 2 minutes. He looked lost and flustered.
Kickoff was at 2:07 ... Redman should have been down at 2:02
If REDMAN just went down on contact, we would have had the 2 minute warning to0

That and being backed up w the penalty hurt us bad. I'm thinking that had BEN in desperation mode and he was rushing things

JAR
02-09-2011, 11:38 AM

That last drive was not all Ben, the entire offense was confused, they should have burned their last time out and used it to get on the same page.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-09-2011, 11:40 AM

That last drive was not all Ben, the entire offense was confused, they should have burned their last time out and used it to get on the same page.
Ben has acknowledged that he didn't know they had a time out left.

Oviedo
02-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Whether ARE comes back or not will depend alot on Limas Sweed. If Sweed finally shows like he has it all together then ARE is not a necessity. I really think that Sweed may have a chance. Alot less pressure on him to be "the guy" with the emergence of Wallace, Sanders and Brown. Just a matter of how well he returns from his achilles injury.

If Sweed can't earn a spot then I think ARE does one more year.

Steelers>NFL
02-09-2011, 12:04 PM

Again, it was all on Ben.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
[quote=SidSmythe]I really wish WARD dropped that pass!!

Again, it was all on Ben.[/quote:289zoyik]

I wouldn't say the whole loss was on Ben. But on that last drive, he certainly could have
done better.

Crash
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Sure he did. Ben made El line up on the wrong side.

Crash
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Irrelevant. He has a headset, and they A) Could tell him he had a TO left, and B) They could call TO for him at any time.

He threw three straight incompletions. So the clock was stopped after two of them anyway.

How can El in his 9th season, not know where to line up?

That's a rookie mistake, not a 9 year pro's.

JAR
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM

Sure he did. Ben made El line up on the wrong side.

and he made Wallace run the wrong routes and made Redman get a penalty to drive them back...

Crash
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
However, without criticizing anyone, he was not happy he did not get much of an opportunity on that drive.

So he's bashing without naming names 2 days after they lose the Super Bowl?

Nice leadership once again, from the Leader of the Wideouts.

Ghost
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
If Ben doesn't call a timeout, apparrently because he doesn't know there is one, then that's on the coaches - either Tomlin or Arians has to step up and call one while they are witnessing thier offense run around like a$$ clowns and the keystone cops.

That situation right there is exactly what differentiates quality coaches from those that get ridiculed for not knowing how to manage the game.

If we all saw it from our TV rooms or the bar, why the hell were neither of the coaches able to recognize it was time to call a TO and get things calmed down?

How many of you thought that was the worst 2 minute drill of the entire season, game 23 including preseason? A lot of that goes on the coaches.

JAR
02-09-2011, 01:28 PM
If Ben doesn't call a timeout, apparrently because he doesn't know there is one, then that's on the coaches - either Tomlin or Arians has to step up and call one while they are witnessing thier offense run around like a$$ clowns and the keystone cops.

That situation right there is exactly what differentiates quality coaches from those that get ridiculed for not knowing how to manage the game.

If we all saw it from our TV rooms or the bar, why the hell were neither of the coaches able to recognize it was time to call a TO and get things calmed down?

How many of you thought that was the worst 2 minute drill of the entire season, game 23 including preseason? A lot of that goes on the coaches.

Yup, the entire offense and coaching staff was at fault, not just a person or two... it was a mess.

The Sodfather
02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Burning that timeout "to get on the right page" would have been quite stupid.

They had plenty of time they just didn't make the plays.

papillon
02-09-2011, 01:39 PM
My biggest issue with the last drive were the targets after Miller on 1st down and Ward on 1st down. In my opinion, the progression for Ben with the Super Bowl hanging in the balance should have been Miller, Ward, Wallace, Mendy, the rest.

He targeted a young receiver on two consecutive throws and I don't know if MIller or Ward comes down with the last one or not, but I'd rather Ward or Miller fighting for that ball than Wallace. He should have targeted Wallace on 1st down looking for the big play and then look for your veterans to make plays.

I know the rooks and Wallace have made big plays for the Steelers, but it looked apparent that the young guys were overwhelmed by the moment (all game actually).

Miller, Ward, Mendy, the rest...

Pappy

Crash
02-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I hope Moore goes just so they have no choice but to use Mendy in the two minute drill so they can use him as a pass catcher.

Moore gave them 3 decent seasons, but now it's time to elevate Mendenhall's game.

He's a three down back, and when he comes out for a blow? He's then the 3rd down back in that series.

It's time.

The Sodfather
02-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I hope Moore goes just so they have no choice but to use Mendy in the two minute drill so they can use him as a pass catcher.

Moore gave them 3 decent seasons, but now it's time to elevate Mendenhall's game.

He's a three down back, and when he comes out for a blow? He's then the 3rd down back in that series.

It's time.

I agree