PDA

View Full Version : Just out of interest, on the 52 yard FG attempt ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-07-2011, 10:54 PM
The hold looked kind of crooked ... anyone know if that would be enough to make an otherwise good kick go crazy to the side?

Not that it matters, but I wondered at the time, and what the heck, may as well ask and see if anyone knows.

Thanks -

chiken
02-07-2011, 11:17 PM
He would have had the chance of making it if he kicked it towards the other goal. That was just awful.

But yea, it did look like the hold was leaning a bit.

hawaiiansteel
02-08-2011, 03:47 AM
an absolutely horrible decision by Tomlin to attempt the FG there instead of trying to pin GB deep.

yes, I know hindsight is 20/20 but that was just plain dumb...

Crash
02-08-2011, 04:19 AM
The hold was fine.

Tomlin showed faith in him. The kickers were booming the ball deep on kickoffs in that end zone all game.

He just missed it. His reputation was missing kicks in post season and he missed two this year.

Btw, on Mendy's TD? Probably the easiest RZ TD he had all season.

The formation? Three wide and a TE. No Speath, no Johnson.

Easy as pie.

jj28west
02-08-2011, 06:37 AM
The hold was fine.

Tomlin showed faith in him. The kickers were booming the ball deep on kickoffs in that end zone all game.

He just missed it. His reputation was missing kicks in post season and he missed two this year.

Btw, on Mendy's TD? Probably the easiest RZ TD he had all season.

The formation? Three wide and a TE. No Speath, no Johnson.

Easy as pie.

You know I may not always agree with your positions on topics but you do make good arguements to back up your cases and not just throw weak one liners based on a snapshot of one play.

Anyways the talking heads on Sirius were actually praising guys like Spaeth who contained Matthews & Hawk fairly well and allowed the RB to bounce outside on the corner which I would have never predicted because of GBs lateral speed.

I always hoped we would have thrown on that infamous formation where Mendy scored the TD in overtime against the Falcons. Otherwise (I know I am only a simple fan) you know whats coming from film study.