PDA

View Full Version : How come the typical fanatic...

Dee Dub
02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
...just cant understand or accept that sometimes the better team just wins? And when that happens even the best of players can play poorly as a result of it? It doesnt make them bad because that better team was able to make certain players play bad. But I guess in this instant gratification, what have you done for me lately world we live in, seeing the big picture just isnt an easy thing to do. Jumping off seems to be the easier, softer, safer, more comfortable way, I guess? For some giving support seems to be harder than going on the offensive and turning on such players. Not for me.

I'm overr that loss. Here's to the Steelers brass to getting this team over the hump for Super Bowl win #7.

:Cheers

Steeler Shades
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
...just cant understand or accept that sometimes the better team just wins? And when that happens even the best of players can play poorly as a result of it?
I think you have this reversed. When "the best players" play poorly then the better team usually wins. The players didn't play poorly as the result of the better team winning, their poor play was why the better team won. The better team won yesterday because their best players played better than our best players. It's not the fans fault it is the players fault. 8)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I walked away from the game feeling that if we played them 10 times we would each win 5. That was just one of the bad 5. To be honest, I don't think that either team played their best game.

RuthlessBurgher
02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I walked away from the game feeling that if we played them 10 times we would each win 5. That was just one of the bad 5. To be honest, I don't think that either team played their best game.

I got the same feeling. Last time we played them in 2009, we were down 6 late, and Ben led a game winning drive with a tiptoe TD pass to Wallace with no time on the clock to win by one, 37-36. Once again, we were down 6 late, and Ben had a chance to lead another game winning drive (could have been a 32-31 win if we scored a TD on the final drive) that just didn't come to fruition this time.

That certainly wasn't our best game. I don't think it was the Packers best game either (or else the ball wouldn't have been in Ben's hands with 2 minutes to go and a chance to win the game in spite of a -3 turnover differential in which all 3 turnovers led directly to Green Bay TD's).

If we played them again next weekend, we could just as easily win. Then maybe they get the better of us the week after that. And so on...

Mister Pittsburgh
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
My issue is that 9 out of 10 times we play a straight passing team we lose and lose for the same reasons. Have for years with no answers. Goes back to Willie Williams getting dogged while we drop Porter into coverage.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
My issue is that 9 out of 10 times we play a straight passing team we lose and lose for the same reasons. Have for years with no answers. Goes back to Willie Williams getting dogged while we drop Porter into coverage.
$$$
This pass defense doesn't have the answer for a highly accurate QB in a spread offense.
Unless they have an off day, we lose those matchups most of the time.