PDA

View Full Version : Watch TE David Johnson run right by Clay Matthews

Mister Pittsburgh
02-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Watch Johnson run right by Matthews before he lights up Mendenhall for the forced fumble. Legursky whiffed on his block too. Jeez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz36HbrMZek

Mel Blount's G
02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, BA doesn't believe in fullbacks, remember? Johnson was staring down at the turf there for some reason. If he even gets a piece of CM Jr., it's doubtful he sticks his hat on the ball like that.

But really, there's enough blame to go allllllll around for that loss.

Steeler Shades
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
But really, there's enough blame to go allllllll around for that loss.
Amen. Although in fairness both Johnson and Spaeth have to be good blockers....neither one can catch worth a ****. 8)

NorthCoast
02-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Why a fullback would be staring down at the ground instead of looking for his man to block is simply unfathomable. I have to agree with others that said there appeared to be a general lack of preparedness by the offense. The defense had its issues as well, but the short fields just compounded the problems.

Ghost
02-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Watch Johnson run right by Matthews before he lights up Mendenhall for the forced fumble. Legursky whiffed on his block too. Jeez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz36HbrMZek

Good pick up on Legursky totally missing his block. I thought overall he played well though for his first start ever. But Johnson has been playing the fulback role all season and some last year. His assignments are not new. He's got to get a piece of Mathews on that play. Has to.... (sigh...)

Oviedo
02-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Johnson is garbage and he has been since he got here. He is probably less than 50% on effective blocks. Him missing a block happens multiple times every game. In addition for a TE he has "hands of stone"

Henry Hynoski anyone??????

Mister Pittsburgh
02-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Johnson is garbage and he has been since he got here. He is probably less than 50% on effective blocks. Him missing a block happens multiple times every game. In addition for a TE he has "hands of stone"

Henry Hynoski anyone??????

Maybe next year Frank the Tank will develop into the next Carey Davis LOL :roll:

MaxAMillion
02-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Missed blocks happen. It is unfortunate that you had multiple missed blocks on that play but those same guys also blocked effectively on many of the running plays. It still doesn't excuse the fumble in my mind. Mendy fumbled in two of three playoff games. That is not good.

Stewie
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
He might have missed that block, but he also pancaked Matthews a coupla times.

BURGH86STEEL
02-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Missed blocks happen. It is unfortunate that you had multiple missed blocks on that play but those same guys also blocked effectively on many of the running plays. It still doesn't excuse the fumble in my mind. Mendy fumbled in two of three playoff games. That is not good.

I agree, Matthews and company made a lot of players miss blocks this season. Bottom line is the players with the ball need to take care of the ball.

Stewie
02-08-2011, 11:02 AM

I agree, Matthews and company made a lot of players miss blocks this season. Bottom line is the players with the ball need to take care of the ball.
Take care of the ball. I see a lot of comments that Matthews made a perfest hit. My coaches taught me, and I believe, that no hit can dislodge a secured ball (except a Deebo-type head shot).

skyhawk
02-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Too bad Johnson missed that block. Crucial fumble. Especially when Johnson played so well blocking vs. the Jets and Ravens.