PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Steelers!

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
For an unexpected and thrilling season ( until last night ). I know we are all in the pit of despair this morning but I wanted to put some positive vibes out there for the Nation!

I never imagined we would get that far to be honest and I don't think I am in the minority. This team defied logic by

1). winning 3 out of 4 without their franchise quarterback,
2). Winning despite losing their starting right and left guard
3). Started a rookie center
4). Two rookie wide receivers
5). Survived an NFL that did all it could to neutar the Steelers defense
6). Overcoming the Loss of Aaron Smith via Ziggy emerging.
7). Overcame McFadden and Gay somehow to make it to the super bowl.

In the end we came up short but you know what we still have a lot to be proud of to look forward to, this team has proven to be resiliant and strong willed. I have no doubt that we will be back again next year hungrier and stronger for all of this. In the end Steeler nation what doesn't kill us only makes us stringer!!!

The stairway to seven now goes thru Indy!

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm proud of this team, and look forward to the future.

:tt2 :tt1

spyboots
02-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Never thought we'd make it to the Super Bowl. Proud of our guys.

Iron Shiek
02-07-2011, 01:50 PM

Its all your fault Ruthless. You should just showed up and demanded a seat by saying "But I'm the Fabulous Ruthlessburgher!" They would've had to let you in!!! You better be at next year's super bowl or its your a$$!

:lol: :lol:

As for the OP's comments, very good bow to tie on the season. Lots of positive things happened. Some not so positive, that I fully expect Colbert and Company to address in the coming months.

:tt2

hellbanger
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
best team in the AFC. Had a better season than the ratbirds and bungles, i can live with that. Rough day at school today, i go to Butte College, Rodgers jr. college, good humble fans though. Still wore all my tear stained Steelers gear today.

:tt2 :tt1 :tt1

papillon
02-07-2011, 02:03 PM
The wait for the draft will seem interminably long at this point, it's always easier to get there when you win the last game. No football for a few months and, hopefully, the CBA gets worked out and there's football next year.

Hines said he's coming back, that's good.
It will be interesting to hear from Aaron Smith, Farrior, Hoke and Hampton.
Here's hoping Starks can fully recover
Here's hoping they don't open the vault for Colon, but that he fully recovers
Here's hoping Adams gives it one more shot to win a Super Bowl, he was a trooper this year considering he was a Cowboy for so long. It feels like he was a Steeler his entire career and not just this past year.
Here's hoping that a corner back that can at least challenge for a starting spot can be found in the draft.
For some reason, I want Sweed to get one more chance with this team.

Hopefully, there will be enough news to keep us in touch with one another until next season gets rolling again.

It's been fun, exciting, maddening, and never boring. As a fan, you really can't ask for a whole lot more.

Pappy

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
02-07-2011, 02:11 PM
The wait for the draft will seem interminably long at this point, it's always easier to get there when you win the last game. No football for a few months and, hopefully, the CBA gets worked out and there's football next year.

Hines said he's coming back, that's good.
It will be interesting to hear from Aaron Smith, Farrior, Hoke and Hampton.
Here's hoping Starks can fully recover
Here's hoping they don't open the vault for Colon, but that he fully recovers
Here's hoping Adams gives it one more shot to win a Super Bowl, he was a trooper this year considering he was a Cowboy for so long. It feels like he was a Steeler his entire career and not just this past year.
Here's hoping that a corner back that can at least challenge for a starting spot can be found in the draft.
For some reason, I want Sweed to get one more chance with this team.

Hopefully, there will be enough news to keep us in touch with one another until next season gets rolling again.

It's been fun, exciting, maddening, and never boring. As a fan, you really can't ask for a whole lot more.

Pappy

Amen Pap! :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
02-07-2011, 02:13 PM

Its all your fault Ruthless. You should just showed up and demanded a seat by saying "But I'm the Fabulous Ruthlessburgher!" They would've had to let you in!!! You better be at next year's super bowl or its your a$$!

:lol: :lol:

As for the OP's comments, very good bow to tie on the season. Lots of positive things happened. Some not so positive, that I fully expect Colbert and Company to address in the coming months.

:tt2

The Fabulous RuthlessBurgher needs more Fabulous Moolah! :lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/images/11/05/p1_moolah.jpg

NC Steeler Fan
02-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Yes!! Thank you Steelers!! :Boobs

I was just scheduling some classes using my Steeler's players calendar in my office and
as I looked at the players featured for each month, I saw a guy who probably feels worse
than we do right now.

I know they are paid lots of money to play this game, but I know they know how bad we
feel and they feel like they let us down. I wish I could hug them all and say, "thanks for a
helluva year!"

I asked my buddy in da burgh to get me a copy of today's Pittsburgh paper. I have the
ones from when we won...why not the one from when they lost...sigh.

Sugar
02-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks Steelers for a fantastic season. Perhaps losing the big one will keep them from having the traditional SB hangover. That said, the losing team in the SB doesn't often make the playoffs the next year.

Anyway, it's been a crazy year and I'm proud to be a member of the Nation!! :tt2