PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy - Prefitting Team for SuperBowl Rings

flippy
02-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I hated to hear this. This is the one reason I was most unhappy that Green Bay won.

Seems classless to let this get out.

snarky
02-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Ah, I'm not bothered by it. He took a calculated risk that it would motivate his team (as opposed to making them complacent).

flippy
02-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Ah, I'm not bothered by it. He took a calculated risk that it would motivate his team (as opposed to making them complacent).

I get it as motivation. But it doesn't sit well with me and shows a little disrespect for the opponent.

snarky
02-07-2011, 01:23 PM

I get it as motivation. But it doesn't sit well with me and shows a little disrespect for the opponent.

Yeah but I don't think there is anything personal in it. You are going into a SB against a team with a lot of guys who have two rings. Maybe he felt a little disrespect was what they needed.

hellbanger
02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
he touched the Lombardi too, before the game, i thought the curse was on then, oh well, thats why i m not superstitious like that, i guess.

Sonny
02-07-2011, 02:52 PM
He was definitely a cocky son of a gun. He never had any doubt that they were going to win. Most people never had any doubt. Turns out, they all were right. I agree, it does suck to lose to them. I can't buy the "Well, its the Packers". I'd rather have lost to the Bears.

Ghost
02-07-2011, 02:55 PM
He was definitely a cocky son of a gun. He never had any doubt that they were going to win. Most people never had any doubt. Turns out, they all were right. I agree, it does suck to lose to them. I can't buy the "Well, its the Packers". I'd rather have lost to the Bears.

I never want to see that douche bag Cutler win a title.

drprwnap
02-07-2011, 05:17 PM

We would NEVER lose to Da Bears!

Sonny
02-07-2011, 05:24 PM

We would NEVER lose to Da Bears! You're right. No way we lose to Chicago. It's all about matchups and lets face it, we've needed the right matchups come playoff time to win Super Bowls. Everyone wanted to avoid New England, turns out, wish we could have avoided Green Bay, too.