PDA

View Full Version : Was the commentary biased towards the Steelers?

RussBII
02-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I didn't notice anything like this, but I'm hearing a lot of folks saying it...

Anyone else notice it?

snarky
02-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I didn't notice anything like this, but I'm hearing a lot of folks saying it...

Anyone else notice it?

I didn't notice and without specific examples it would be difficult to comment.

flippy
02-07-2011, 11:55 AM
They were all over GB's jock in the first half and switched when the Steelers mounted a comeback.

Seemed fair. They were loving whoever had the momentum throughout the game.

That said, the announcing was crap. They didn't add much value throughout the game. And I had to rely on what I was seeing to tell me what was happening in the game. They gave info once it was late and stale.

As much as Dierdorf and Collinsworth drive me nuts, they are the only 2 announcers that consistently add info throughout the game about what's going on that I can't see on the tv screen. That's really all I want out of my announcers. Tell me what I can't see at home.

The NFL should appoint their own announcers instead of Fox for big games. That way you get the best no matter the network the game is on.

The SuperBowl is too important to have crappy announcers imho.

Crash
02-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah they were real biased when they credited the Packers for a "great play" on pick #2 while ignoring the blatant interference on Mike Wallace.

Or the cheap shot that ended Emmanuel Sanders night (James Harrison got 15 yards for the same tackle in Cincinnati).

flippy
02-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah they were real biased when they credited the Packers for a "great play" on pick #2 while ignoring the blatant interference on Mike Wallace.

In fairness, I missed that too on the live play because I was looking at the ball. On the replay, the PI looked more obvious.

The INT was a good play on the ball.

spyboots
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
A lot was said about GB's players hurt in the game, how much it would hurt them, not as much for our guys.

sd steel
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
It's also terrible that the announcers aren't even that familiar with the teams. I mean they show a shot of some dude sitting on the bench, and say that it is Pouncey, when it wasn't, then the camera finds Pouncey and they don't say a word. And that wasn't the only error made. If you are going to commentate a game shouldn't you research the teams a little? Busk and Aiken were terrible.