PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain either of these and make sense?

Crash
02-07-2011, 03:07 AM
As to what we actually did for two weeks to prepare for this game?

Per ESPN.

Troy Polamalu made a name for himself all season by causing havoc around the line of scrimmage. In the Super Bowl, the Defensive Player of the Year lined up within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage on only three of the Packers' 55 offensive snaps and didn't record a tackle until the fourth quarter.

Ben Roethlisberger was 6-of-7 for 137 yards and a touchdown when using play action against the Packers last season (158.3 passer rating). In the Super Bowl, Big Ben completed only one of his four attempts following a play fake, a four-yard completion to Emmanuel Sanders in the first quarter.

Chadman
02-07-2011, 04:46 AM
It's easy- the Steelers coaches suck & are lucky to have ever found employment in the NFL.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Ben played bad and was overthrowing/underthrowing every pass.

The Answer
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Ben played bad and was overthrowing/underthrowing every pass.

He sucked for 3 out of 4 quarters in this game. And really 7 out of 12 Super quarters he's played in.

SteelCrazy
02-07-2011, 09:07 AM
The one time Troy blitzed while pressing a WR, the Packers picked him up easily. They were major prepared. Rodgers got Troy to tip his hand using a hard count and moved Starks from the right side to the left side and Starks easily blocked Troy. I saw little things like this all night, showing how well prepared the Packers were. We were too busy with little traditions and superstitions to prepare like that and I dont think we have ever been that ready.

We were by far the better team, but at the same time we were by far the most unprepared team.

ANPSTEEL
02-07-2011, 09:35 AM
RE: Troy

The Packers were 4 & 5 wide all night- that keeps Troy out of the box- and the team in Nickle & Dime packages. Rodgers was reading Troy and throwing away from him, for the most part.

RE: Ben and play action-
Ben was off the entire game. He had his bell wrung early, and hyper extended his left knee in the first quarter as well.

I don't think those "injuries" played that much of a factor- but he certainly didn't perform.

He was making poor decisions and terrible throws though out.

Greenbay did something I have not seen any other team do- they forced Ben to step up in the pocket. Rather than come from the edges, which pushes Ben parallel to the LOS and breaks down the coverage- GB used a contain rush which caused Ben to scramble perpendicular to the LOS.

Oviedo
02-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Troy was clearly hurt. He could not do the things that make him great. That was a huge issue.

MaxAMillion
02-07-2011, 09:52 AM
The coaches were not responsible for Ben's poor play. He repeatedly missed open receivers while Rodgers hit guys that were barely open. If you switch QB you end up with the Steelers winning the game.

The Answer
02-09-2011, 02:17 PM
The coaches were not responsible for Ben's poor play. He repeatedly missed open receivers while Rodgers hit guys that were barely open. If you switch QB you end up with the Steelers winning the game.

Kills me how Arians always takes the blame when Ben calls his own plays. His huddle was totatlly disorganized on that last drive. Like a pickup game in a school yard.

DkBlue
02-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Kills me how Arians always takes the blame when Ben calls his own plays. His huddle was totatlly disorganized on that last drive. Like a pickup game in a school yard.

Could not agree more on this point.

Crash
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM
They were disorganized on second down because El lined up wrong.

I would guarantee, that with the clock stopped on 3rd and 4th down, that Arians called both plays.

Ben did take a shot in the first half late, then he put his helmet back on and threw a TD pass to Ward.

Ben looked fine once the backup TE's were off the field and the wides were on it.

Three scoring drives for Ben when he was throwing the ball, the FG, the TD to Ward, the TD to Wallace.

26 plays they ran.

20 of them had only one TE on the field.

As friggin' usual.

Doogie36
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
you could EASILY tell TROY was hurt!!! He was a nonfactor in that game and anyone who watches STEELERS football knows the man was not 100% and hasnt been since the Bengal game. Add in a hurt BMAC and I think our secondary played pretty darn good considering those 2 injuries. We still had a chance to win!!!

3 turnovers and a hurt TROY and we still had a shot to win.

WE started the season all saying there was no way we'd make it to the SuperBowl!! The Steelers gave us the Maximum amount of football games a fan can watch in one year and that is reason to celebrate in itself.

Just wasnt our year but it sure is nice to have won the divison and the conference and watch football all the way up to the very last game.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!