PDA

View Full Version : Shocked at how well

steelerkeylargo
02-07-2011, 12:43 AM
I am taking this loss. Just numb I guess.

steelblood
02-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I had to keep it together as I watched the game with my two boys (9 and 11). My older son was so sure they would win. Even when it was 21-3, he kept saying that they could do it. I was proud of him and he inspired me to be more positive than I am normally. After the game, he cried. I told him that I really enjoyed watching the game with him and that is what I'll remember about tonight. It was an exciting game and I enjoyed it because my sons were so into it.

TallyStiller
02-07-2011, 12:50 AM
I didn't feel any particularly passionate hatred for Green Bay, a franchise I respect... not a come lately like Seattle, a didn't deserve to beanywhere neara Super Bowl like Arizona, or an arrogant bunch of coke sniffing, plastic surgery loving @$$holes like Dallas.

Besides, the way the game came down, we truthfully got our @$$es handed to us. Green Bay left a ton of plays out on the field, especially offensively that, if they're all made, turn that into a 3 or 4 touchdown rout. They made more plays than we did, they won. No shoulda, woulda, coulda. The best team won.

Starlifter
02-07-2011, 12:54 AM
no shame in losing to GB. a good team, a great city and they try to emulate everything the steelers do. losing to the seahags or arizona would have hurt tremendously.......

SteelBucks
02-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I guess I need some time because I feel empty right now. I can't believe we have to wait seven months for another meaningful game (lockout pending).

Sonny
02-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Not good losing to GB. We, as fans, can brag about our team to pretty much any fan of any team, except GB.

I'm pretty proud to be a Steeler fan, love talking smack with other football fans. I really wanted this one because GB fans have been talking up their 12 Championships. We still have the SB lead with 6 to their 4, but any GB fan would just throw it in my face that they now have 13 Championships and have beaten us in the only title game we have played in. Even Dallas fans, they beat us last time but we were still 2-1 against them in the SB. Now I get to hear Packer fans talk about their titles and how young they are.

chiken
02-07-2011, 07:18 AM
We had a season to be proud of. No reason to hang our heads. We have holes, lets hope we plug them this offseason.. We'll have a few more runs at this thing w/ Ben. We got in this year with a very very young Recieving core... We just got to keep things in perspective.

msp26505
02-07-2011, 07:56 AM
It's easier to handle when we've been to more SB's than any other team, have more SB wins than any other team, and have won two SB's recently.

As for 13 Championships, congrats. But winning in the SB era is MUCH more difficult than winning an NFL Championship with about 12 teams in the league.

It's kind of like the Canadiens winning 4,267 Stanley Cups when there were 6 NHL franchises.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I am taking this loss much better than I thought I would as well. Although, I am feeling pretty numb about it right now. I guess in the end Green Bay just showed up and overcame their mistakes and capitolized on our mistakes. And even after all of that, our QB had the ball in his hands with 2 minutes left and our offense stalled.

In the end, the things that we all knew were our weaknesses were exposed. Ill timed mental lapses, poor secondary coverages, Long periods of not being able to get to the QB, and crappy decisions by our QB. Time to patch up the issues. Here's to a solid draft! :Cheers

SteelCrazy
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I had to keep it together as I watched the game with my two boys (9 and 11). My older son was so sure they would win. Even when it was 21-3, he kept saying that they could do it. I was proud of him and he inspired me to be more positive than I am normally. After the game, he cried. I told him that I really enjoyed watching the game with him and that is what I'll remember about tonight. It was an exciting game and I enjoyed it because my sons were so into it.

My boys are 14 and 11 and dedicated Steeler fans as well. It was a hard loss for my family. I am proud of my boys for having heart. Last time I cried that hard was when I lost dad in 2004. Not that it was the same...just that I was heart broken. Many kids today have no idea what it's like to be dedicated to something like all our kids in Steeler Nation are. Heads up little ones! We may be #2 but at least we did make it to the Super Bowl! Win or lose; I know one thing if for sure, we are all lucky to know what it's like to truly love something. My kids wore their Steeler jersey's to school today here in southern Virginia. We teach them to hold their heads up and be proud! black and yellow...we loved them last year too when they didn't even make the playoffs! Sad that it's the off season now. (btw I am steelcrazy's wife and I cashed this site for the first time! sorry--I needed to feel some love from true fans)

Oviedo
02-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Great season, disappointing ending.

This team did great but when you have three turnovers its tough to win any game let alone the Super Bowl. Green Bay was the absolute worst possible NFC match up for us. Their strength is their passing game which is a huge mismatch over our weak secondary. That's what cost us. We had no way to stop them because we have poor man to man cover DBs and they got exploited.

grotonsteel
02-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Great Season. I did not think Steelers would reach SB.

Disappointed with SB loss but still happy how well Steelers performed this season especially with injuries and Ben suspension.

SteelStallion
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I agree. We you consider everything they had going against them, the Ben suspension, fines, media distractions, Ben and Troy nowhere near healthy, key injuries, o-line woes, secondary woes, age factor - it was phenominal that they won 12 games and made the playoffs. Then to beat the Ravens and Jets and go to the big dance was just amazing. Proud of those guys. Too bad how it ended because GB was beatable, but I think it all caught up with them and they finally had one bad game.

Ghost
02-07-2011, 02:24 PM
I was sick to my stomach when the Steelers lost SB 30 to the Cowboys. That one hurt and made me mad.

I'm guessing that winning 2 over the last couple of years makes this easier to take. No hatred for the packers and they played a great game last night. They were in no way overwhelmed by the moment.

I will say this though (and I posted it in another thread), I was disappointed in the way the team came out and seemed to not be able to handle the spotlight of the big game. Bad play, stupid penalties, mental mistakes. 24 or 25 guys had Super bowl experience and you would have never known it watching the team as a whole.

Really good season.

RuthlessBurgher
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM

My boys are 14 and 11 and dedicated Steeler fans as well. It was a hard loss for my family. I am proud of my boys for having heart. Last time I cried that hard was when I lost dad in 2004. Not that it was the same...just that I was heart broken. Many kids today have no idea what it's like to be dedicated to something like all our kids in Steeler Nation are. Heads up little ones! We may be #2 but at least we did make it to the Super Bowl! Win or lose; I know one thing if for sure, we are all lucky to know what it's like to truly love something. My kids wore their Steeler jersey's to school today here in southern Virginia. We teach them to hold their heads up and be proud! black and yellow...we loved them last year too when they didn't even make the playoffs! Sad that it's the off season now. (btw I am steelcrazy's wife and I cashed this site for the first time! sorry--I needed to feel some love from true fans)

Welcome, Mrs. Crazy!!!

(calling someone Mrs. Crazy sounds all kinds of wrong :lol: )

Steelerphile
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
This season has provided many thrills and high moments. I think the Steelers achieved a great deal to get the SuperBowl. Of course once you get there you aren't supposed to be happy just to be there. I wasn't, but I'm not totally mad about the lost. They pulled out a lot of games that could have stopped them short of SuperBowl, but they couldn't quite do it again. The game was no rout, when it was heading that way, and they had a glimmer of hope until the last minute. They went down swinging and that is how to lose when you do lose.