PDA

View Full Version : Defense not that stout tonight

Ghost
02-07-2011, 12:33 AM
On the biggest stage the D was not all that great tonight. I'm a little let down. I'm sure there are plenty of arguments that it was the O and the turnovers that lost it, but the D was FAR from stellar tonight, on a night when they were needed more than any other game.

Rodgers threw for over 300 yards (304) with three TDs. The Packers O had 4 drives over 50 yards - 2 of them 70 or over.

Turnovers or not - that's not good. In fact it's bad. And it could have been worse had the GB recievers not dropped a ton of passes.

I love this team, I'm proud of the season and to wear the black and gold, but the D came up short tonight - very short.

bostonsteeler
02-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Dude,

The D has come off poorly against passing offences all season long.
Our D just doesn't measure up to a good QB. We haven't had a good passing D in a decade.

That's just LeBeau's D. They stop the run and give up the pass. Good passing Os don't bother with the run and cream us with the pass.

DukieBoy
02-07-2011, 01:04 AM
We weren't all that good on either side of the ball tonight. Nor on special teams. And yet, we still had a chance to win the game at the end.

feltdizz
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
The D didn't create pressure... but you can't blame them for this loss...

this was on the O..