PDA

View Full Version : My game ball goes to Legursky

Ghost
02-06-2011, 11:51 PM
A ton of talk this week about Pouncey being out - as well there should have been, but Legursky held his own tonight. Maybe they game planned to help him but he was fine. No bad snaps, no penalties, no Ben getting killed by a guy he was suppossed to block.

This was his first official start of the season (NFL career?) and he performed admirably. Kudos for him for not being overwhelmed in the moment.

He came to play. I appreciate it!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
A ton of talk this week about Pouncey being out - as well there should have been, but Legursky held his own tonight. Maybe they game planned to help him but he was fine. No bad snaps, no penalties, no Ben getting killed by a guy he was suppossed to block.

This was his first official start of the season (NFL career?) and he performed admirably. Kudos for him for not being overwhelmed in the moment.

He came to play. I appreciate it!!!

+1, Legursky played like a Steeler. I'm not sure if it was him that let Ben get hit for the interception off his back foot, but even if it was, he played like a Steeler. He should be proud of what he did.

jj28west
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Hell of a job by the entire line except for the Kemo play. He later redeemed himself with that nice pull to free up Mendy.

Also Madison did no worse then any of the other DB's.

Saw Woodley get stood up by the backup TE which was shocking. Maybe he is hurt also.

papillon
02-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Legursky should get a shot at guard, IMO.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
02-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Didn't hear BJ Raji's name mentioned once I don't think...

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Good game by Legursky, though I am sure he wouldn't say so because it was a loss.

NC Steeler Fan
Yeah, other than that shaky exchange betwen Legursky and Ben, I thought it
was great we didn't hear his name called in any negative way either.

Great job!!

Oviedo
Hell of a job by the entire line except for the Kemo play. He later redeemed himself with that nice pull to free up Mendy.

Saw Woodley get stood up by the backup TE which was shocking. Maybe he is hurt also.

Is that really saying something positive? Like I feared the past two weeks, our secondary was totally over-matched by the Packers WRs. If not for them shooting themselves in the foot and dropping passes this would not have been close.

No doubt we need to go CB in Round 1 of the draft.

Ghost
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM

Exactly - non factor in who won or loss today and that's all on Legursky. He did this team proud.

papillon
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM

Not only did we not hear his name, but there was running room in the middle of the line tonight. It's just too bad they let the game kind of get away from them in the first quarter.

Pappy

jj28west
02-07-2011, 12:06 AM

Is that really saying something positive? Like I feared the past two weeks, our secondary was totally over-matched by the Packers WRs. If not for them shooting themselves in the foot and dropping passes this would not have been close.

No doubt we need to go CB in Round 1 of the draft.

I actually had bad visions of him being abused all game. I think there was only one pass he gave up. Dont get me wrong, I dont have my pom poms out but I have been openly critical of him and he sorta stepped up to the challenge.

steelblood
02-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Legursky should get a shot at guard, IMO.

Pappy

He played guard this season for a few games. It wasn't that great. Foster has been better. Legursky is a more natural center. I'd say he is best as our swing backup/goalline blocker.

Crash
02-07-2011, 01:42 AM
I would do this.

Lekursky at center.

The POUNCEY BROTHERS at guard. Tell Kemo to get lost.