PDA

View Full Version : we will back

steeler_george
02-06-2011, 11:45 PM
There is too much talent on this team to keep us out of the dance in the future!

thanks for the great season steelers....I am still numb from the lose but life goes on.

Now time to talk about FA and the draft.

Iron Shiek
02-06-2011, 11:47 PM
As long as there is a season next year, i fully expect the team to be in the same position next year. Super Bowl XLVI, here we come.

jj28west
02-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Assuming there is a next year I still see a lot of upside. Damn, its so tough to get back but Lombardis are part of the Steeler DNA.

If someone was to tell me that we would lose Ben for 4th of the season, lose several starting lineman and still be fighting for a championship in the last minute I would have never have believed it.

Oviedo
02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Great season, disappointing finish.

All the pieces are there for another great season. Starks and Colon coming back on the OL. Fix the piss poor secondary and we can roll again.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm not so confident in a quick return to the Super Bowl.

I fear this team may have passed it's peak. We have a bunch of older guys, particularly on defense.

NC Steeler Fan
02-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, some parts of our team are definitely aging out quickly.

But, we have an incredible core of young great players on both sides of the ball.

I think we may need some really key draft picks to get us back again next year too.

papillon
02-07-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm not so confident in a quick return to the Super Bowl.

I fear this team may have passed it's peak. We have a bunch of older guys, particularly on defense.

The one thing I have learned about Mike Tomlin coached teams is that regardless who is in the game you typically get a good performance from them. Legursky tonight, Hood all year, the offensive line in general did an outstanding job when all the injuries are taken into account, Leftwich, Batch and Dixon in the first four games, until this team is getting beat regularly, I'm not counting them out.

The Steelers have the right guy as coach; this season's success is due in great part to Mike Tomlin.

Pappy

bostonsteeler
02-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, some parts of our team are definitely aging out quickly.

But, we have an incredible core of young great players on both sides of the ball.

I think we may need some really key draft picks to get us back again next year too.

Im not so sure of our QB, to be honest.
He's taken a *lot* of beating. Its doubtful how long he can keep it up for a full season.

Starlifter
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
I feel good about the offense, particularly with getting our 2 starting OT's back. The receivers are making good progress and I think Hines will stick around another year. D line could use another young guy and we have good depth at LB right now. Our most glaring gap is the secondary and someone to play opposite of Ike.

I hope this loss keeps them hungry and makes them appreciate just how hard it is to win the SB. sometimes, a loss in the big game is just the sort of motivation needed. the 'ol one step back to take 5 steps forward.......