PDA

View Full Version : Grats to the Packers

calmkiller
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Congrats to the Packers. Was a great game. This is the best I have felt in a lose. It still hurts like hell, but I would rather lose to them than anyone else. Can't turn the ball over three times and expect to win any game. Enjoy the win Pack.

SteelCrazy
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
screw the Packers! They should be thanking us....or Ben and Mendy

Sonny
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
They were the better team and had the better QB. You really think Rodgers misses that deep throw to Wallace?

BATMAN
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes, congradulations to the Packers. They knew what to do with a game Ben and Mendenhall gift wrapped for them.

DHSF
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
The Pack won this fair and square. They got 3 TO's which were the difference. Even 1 less, and the Steelers could have pulled it out.

brothervad
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Congrats Packers...you were the better team tonight.

You can't turn the ball over that often.

And here is where I will be controversial...

All this talk about Ben being great...

Montana is great...he comes back and wins with 2 minutes.

Ben is very good...but he puts his team in bad spots too often.

I think Ben can be better.

brothervad

Ghost
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
They were clearly the better team today. They caused 3 turnovers. They converted the 3rd and longs they needed. They held at the end when the Steelers could have driven for the winning TD. The Packers BEAT the Steelers tonight. No doubt it.

CanadianSteel
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Congrats to the Pack, now to turn off everything Football related for 3 months :(
:Steel

Scarletfire1970
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Packers are the better team. There I said it. There are no packer fans on here for me to congratulate.

Sonny
02-06-2011, 11:22 PM

brothervad Controversial? More like spot on. Maybe on a Steeler board it is, but the media and fans were proven exactly right, by Ben and the D. This blemish will stick with Ben forever. And the D???? Please. Put up stats and great numbers against average QBs, and then get rocked by the great ones.

BATMAN
02-06-2011, 11:22 PM
The defense didn't help either. One turnover instant points. Two other turnovers and the defense looked like a novices.

NC Steeler Fan
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah, congrats to the pack. They did their homework and exploited Gay and our secondary all night. They never gave up and it looked like we never really got started.

I had a really bad feeling about this game all week. Sorry folks, but I could feel this loss
coming and as much as I tried to talk myself out of it, it was green bay's year...I knew it.

However, their secondary was impacted and we should have been able to make a lot more
plays than we did. We gave them 3 TDs, but our D should have been able to make
a play on that damn ball too. How many times did our guys even look for the ball? or try
to knock it down.

Oh well, if we had to lose to anyone I suppose the packers were the best choice.

Anyone know a packer message board?....(sigh)

msp26505
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Packers are the better team. There I said it. There are no packer fans on here for me to congratulate.

No they aren't.

But they were tonight.

Shawn
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM
The Packers have the ring saying they are the better team but I sure as heck don't believe it. They played better than us tonight no doubt. They capitalized on our mistakes...and more games than not we won't make those. Congrats to the Packs and all but I sure won't be crowning them as the better team.

Shawn
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM

No they aren't.

But they were tonight.

Agreed.

Scarletfire1970
Yeah, congrats to the pack. They did their homework and exploited Gay and our secondary all night. They never gave up and it looked like we never really got started.

I had a really bad feeling about this game all week. Sorry folks, but I could feel this loss
coming and as much as I tried to talk myself out of it, it was green bay's year...I knew it.

However, their secondary was impacted and we should have been able to make a lot more
a play on that damn ball too. How many times did our guys even look for the ball? or try
to knock it down.

Oh well, if we had to lose to anyone I suppose the packers were the best choice.

Anyone know a packer message board?....(sigh)Yeah, me too. I hated myself for thinking it and didn't want to let myself get too excited about the game.

williar
I can't believe we lost. Our play certainly wasn't superbowl worthy. I mean, no splash plays. Our team played like they were just glad to be there... And Ben, maybe this will put to rest all of the "elite" qb talk. I mean, that game was his to win and he just crapped the bed. I am soooo sick right now. I can't watch tv for weeks. It's going to be a long off season.

NC Steeler Fan
02-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Tomlin interview was great just now.

I wish I could be there for our guys....

Scarletfire1970
02-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't see how we are better than them in any area.

Scarletfire1970
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM

What did Tomlin say?

eniparadoxgma
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM

No they aren't.

But they were tonight.

Agreed.

That's all you get. SB is win or lose. Pack's the better team right now...obviously. I don't want to hear all the "they should be thanking us" or "gift wrap" BS either. You win, or you lose. We lost. Now you draft gurus can go at it.

Shawn

to knock it down.

Anyone know a packer message board?....(sigh)

Our OL is decimated with injuries but that group stepped up in a big way. Injuries are no excuse. Just like our OL stepped up...their secondary stepped up. Great teams do that...and two great teams were on the field tonight.

NC Steeler Fan

to knock it down.

Anyone know a packer message board?....(sigh)Yeah, me too. I hated myself for thinking it and didn't want to let myself get too excited about the game.

Hell, I even tried to make a deal with the devil: we don't even make the playoffs
next year...if we can just win this one...he obviously declined....

eniparadoxgma
02-06-2011, 11:30 PM

What did Tomlin say?

"How do you characterize this game?"

"As a loss"

Ozey74
02-06-2011, 11:30 PM

brothervad

Ben is very good. He pi$$ed away a chance to take a step forward in cementing his legacy. I really thought we were going to win the game until the 3rd down wasn't converted at the end of the game.

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes, congratulations to the Packers. They made plays, didn't wound themselves (like we did), and overcame injuries. They proved themselves, measured up to the magnitude of this game, and certainly deserve the trophy. They beat us fair and square, were the better team today. Congratulations Green Bay.

Shawn
02-06-2011, 11:33 PM

No they aren't.

But they were tonight.

Agreed.

That's all you get. SB is win or lose. Pack's the better team right now...obviously. I don't want to hear all the "they should be thanking us" or "gift wrap" BS either. You win, or you lose. We lost. Now you draft gurus can go at it.

Say what you will but I won't be one of those Steeler fans who believes the better team won. I also won't make excuses because Ben had a chance late and didn't do his thing. Congrats to the Packs...but I'm still very proud of my team. To give a team 21 points off of turnovers and still have a chance to win...in my mind is a testament to the team's heart. That's what I will take home. I won't suffer from any depressive or suicidal thoughts tonight...and I sure as heck won't degrade my team. I'm proud to be a Steeler fan tonight.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-06-2011, 11:33 PM

brothervad

Ben is very good. He pi$$ed away a chance to take a step forward in cementing his legacy. I really thought we were going to win the game until the 3rd down wasn't converted at the end of the game.

This game should silence all the Hall of Fame talk for Ben. He might make it, but he's not worthy yet, IMO.

NC Steeler Fan
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM

What did Tomlin say?

The reporter asked him first off how did he characterize this game and Tomlin
quickly responded: "A loss." Reporter then asked, "did the 3 turnovers tell the story?"
and Tomlin responded: "If you want to wrap this game up with a bow on it in words
then yes. I'm not going to put a moral explanation on this game. It's a loss."

Then the guy asked him, "That was something you standing there for each guy coming
in to the locker room." and Tomlin said: "That's just standard procedure for every game."

Tomlin was grace under fire if you ask me...

eniparadoxgma
02-06-2011, 11:36 PM

No they aren't.

But they were tonight.

Agreed.

Say what you will but I won't be one of those Steeler fans who believes the better team won. I also won't make excuses because Ben had a chance late and didn't do his thing. Congrats to the Packs...but I'm still very proud of my team. To give a team 21 points off of turnovers and still have a chance to win...in my mind is a testament to the team's heart. That's what I will take home. I won't suffer from any depressive or suicidal thoughts tonight...and I sure as heck won't degrade my team. I'm proud to be a Steeler fan tonight.

Not sure if you understand my point...maybe. The Superbowl is one game. That's all you get. If you win it, you're the better team. If you lose, you're not.

Not sure what the issue is here. If we were the better team we would have, ya know, won.

Shawn
02-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Not sure you get my point either...but who really cares.

Steel Life
02-06-2011, 11:42 PM

brothervad Controversial? More like spot on. Maybe on a Steeler board it is, but the media and fans were proven exactly right, by Ben and the D. This blemish will stick with Ben forever. And the D???? Please. Put up stats and great numbers against average QBs, and then get rocked by the great ones.
Are you kidding me? "This blemish will stick with Ben forever"...really? Like a Super Bowl loss is sticking to Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Good god man, get some perspective...without him we don't even make it this far.

Shawn
02-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately, this team lives and dies by Ben's arm. Tonight he played poorly. But, like it was just said, this team doesn't make it the SB without him.

eniparadoxgma
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Not sure you get my point either...but who really cares.

Yyyyyyyyyup.

(for the record that's a King of the Hill yyyyyyyyyyyyup, as in, yup I agree)

Sonny
02-07-2011, 12:43 AM

Are you kidding me? "This blemish will stick with Ben forever"...really? Like a Super Bowl loss is sticking to Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Good god man, get some perspective...without him we don't even make it this far. Actually, yeah it is sticking with those guys. Peyton had a chance to really be considered one of the greats last year. He threw a pick 6. Brady is right up there with Montana right now if he wins that Super Bowl, but guess what? He isn't. Is Warner even a QUESTION for the HOF if he is 3-0 right now in the Big Game?

Take it how you want to take it, but Ben just went from a Hall of Famer to a good/really good quarterback.

Steel Life
02-07-2011, 01:03 AM

Are you kidding me? "This blemish will stick with Ben forever"...really? Like a Super Bowl loss is sticking to Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Good god man, get some perspective...without him we don't even make it this far. Actually, yeah it is sticking with those guys. Peyton had a chance to really be considered one of the greats last year. He threw a pick 6. Brady is right up there with Montana right now if he wins that Super Bowl, but guess what? He isn't. Is Warner even a QUESTION for the HOF if he is 3-0 right now in the Big Game?

Take it how you want to take it, but Ben just went from a Hall of Famer to a good/really good quarterback.
Whatever...he's brought us two Super Bowls & to the brink of a 3rd - without him we're a sub-.500 team. But hey, don't let me stop you from enjoying the loss.

Sonny
02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
[quote=brothervad]Congrats Packers...you were the better team tonight.

Whatever...he's brought us two Super Bowls & to the brink of a 3rd - without him we're a sub-.500 team. But hey, don't let me stop you from enjoying the loss.[/quote:qi8id9n5] How original.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Whatever...he's brought us two Super Bowls & to the brink of a 3rd - without him we're a sub-.500 team.

I don't agree. We went 3-1 without Ben the first four games. I think we might have even been able to make the playoffs without him.

But...I don't think we would have made it to the Super Bowl without him. Probably would have been one-and-done in the playoffs.