PDA

View Full Version : "Great teams aren't always great..."

msp26505
02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
...to be continued in 2:00.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
These Steelers aren't a "great team." They're very good. But their performance tonight ought to quiet the "dynasty" talk that's been bantered about lately.

Iron Shiek
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
These Steelers aren't a "great team." They're very good. But their performance tonight ought to quiet the "dynasty" talk that's been bantered about lately.

Yeah, it was a tough break. they had several short fields and missed opportunities. The defense really didn't help matters but the offensive TO's really put the team in a bind. Blame goes all around...there isn't one thing you can put the blame on i feel.

msp26505
02-06-2011, 11:44 PM

Yup.

I hoped I could look smart when I posted this.

I am not smart.

aggiebones
02-06-2011, 11:52 PM
It was what it was. We never got traction in this one. Ben looked off, Arians wouldn't do anything and Mendi lost a BAD fumble at a time when we finally had them by the balls.
Defense was pedestrian while Rodgers had heavy feet. It was there, but we just couldn't get it. Sheet happens. Can't say we were unlucky or the best team didn't win. Just a weak Super Bowl in general.

snarky
02-07-2011, 01:11 AM
The 'hidden' mistake in tonight's game was Mundy's block in the back. I think without him taking that penalty we very likely would have won.