PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the GD TURTTLE BALL.

Steelhere10
02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Had them on the ropes and we go turtle ball the rest of the second half.

Steelhere10
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Cost us the gd game.

Crash
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Matthews made a great play on Mendy. Popped him good.

SidSmythe
02-06-2011, 11:16 PM
TURNOVERS!!!!

SteelBucks
02-06-2011, 11:35 PM
TURNOVERS!!!!

We couldn't get out of our own way. Every time that the game seemed to be turning around, another critical mistake.

Iron Shiek
02-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Turnovers aside. We had several short fields and stopped their offense like four times in a row and got nothing but a missed fg out of it. We needed to capitalize on those short fields and we didnt. So while turnovers killed us, poor execution was the main culprit.

Oviedo
02-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Let's not forget that our secondary couldn't cover a bed with a blanket. And Green Bay did everything they could to help us by dropping like 5 passes.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Let's not forget that our secondary couldn't cover a bed with a blanket. And Green Bay did everything they could to help us by dropping like 5 passes.

just like clockwork.

you are unreal.

Steelgal
02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Can't believe I haven't seen a "Fire Arians" thread yet, lol

Ghost
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM

just like clockwork.

you are unreal.

I"m not sure what you are disagreeing with. The GB recievers dropped passes all night long. Oviedo is right. It could have been much worse if they'd actually caught some balls. Our corners ouside of Ike are downright terrible.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-07-2011, 12:24 AM
guy is a broken record.

this game was lost on turnovers and ben missing a ton of throws.

blaming the pass defense is the fools way out.

Crash
02-07-2011, 12:30 AM
They didn't play well on either side of the ball. If the Packers could catch they'd have hung 45.

What's the point of a delayed blitz with the DB in coverage is 10 yards off the ball. If anything I would rather clog up the passing lanes instead of just wasting a DB on a blitz he has no chance of succeeding with.

papillon
02-07-2011, 12:35 AM
They didn't play well on either side of the ball. If the Packers could catch they'd have hung 45.

What's the point of a delayed blitz with the DB in coverage is 10 yards off the ball. If anything I would rather clog up the passing lanes instead of just wasting a DB on a blitz he has no chance of succeeding with.

Yea, but you can also say, "if we don't turn the ball over" just as easily as you say, "if the Packers could catch", ifs, should haves and could haves never won a thing. The game was the game, they dropped passes and the Steelers didn't capitalize. The Steelers turned the ball over and they capitalized for 21 points. It's all part of the game.

Pappy

steelblood
02-07-2011, 01:23 AM
guy is a broken record.

this game was lost on turnovers and ben missing a ton of throws.

blaming the pass defense is the fools way out.

Wrong. It was a team loss. Our secondary is not very good.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-07-2011, 01:25 AM
did you people really expect to shut GB down? thats the best offense in football right now.

secondary held up ok. i didn't see much of a pass rush.

Chadman
02-07-2011, 01:28 AM
So turtleball is to blame?

Not only did the Steelers run the ball effectively, they also abandoned it early to go pass heavy throughout the second half.

Never thought turtleball involved 4 WR sets, but there you go.

Learn something new every day.

feltdizz
02-07-2011, 01:29 AM
did you people really expect to shut GB down? thats the best offense in football right now.

secondary held up ok. i didn't see much of a pass rush.

secondary was exposed... GB dropped a lot of passes that were TD's.

However, this one falls on the O because they gave GB 3 extra chances to exploit our secondary

feltdizz
02-07-2011, 01:30 AM
So turtleball is to blame?

Not only did the Steelers run the ball effectively, they also abandoned it early to go pass heavy throughout the second half.

Never thought turtleball involved 4 WR sets, but there you go.

Learn something new every day.
:Agree