PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Mc the worst cb ever!

Steelhere10
02-06-2011, 09:06 PM
What did we all see in this clown. 10yds cushion and he can't stop no one . Man to man he sucks.

jj28west
02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Like last year Aaron has his number but I think BMAC is not at 100% and this hip pointer stuff is BS. I think he is nursing something worse then there disclosing. Think about how bad Keenan Lewis must be in practice for him not to even take the slot.

Steelhere10
02-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I was hoping to see Butler at some point this year. He did look promising in the preseason.

pfelix73
02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
We need a good young CB. Maybe they'll go that way in the upcoming draft.....Need another OT too- depending on Colon's status.

:tt1

Looking for a 2nd half turnaround here.....

Ghost
02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Gay is no better. We better pray the safties come up with some plays.

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
McFadden was playing hurt, too.

BATMAN
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
No, McFadden wasn't or isn't the worse CB ever. That title goes to Harvey the original burn unit Clayton.

In any event I still believe McFadden and Troy have been hurt more than what was told to us.

Iron Shiek
02-06-2011, 11:31 PM
He already has hip injury and they said he aggravated his shoulder. So, don't see why he was in, but Gay is not good as main corner, Nelson and Jones abused him.

Steel Life
02-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Maybe he was hurt...but there was a reason we let him walk in the first place. Kurt Warner said he told Rodgers to go after him & he did. But on the whole our DB corps is not what it needs to be.

Crash
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't want a DB in the first round if all we are going to do is have him play 10 yards off the ball. Any idiot can do that.

If GB didn't drop two long TDs Rodgers would have had 5 of them.

phillyesq
02-06-2011, 11:47 PM
No, McFadden wasn't or isn't the worse CB ever. That title goes to Harvey the original burn unit Clayton.

In any event I still believe McFadden and Troy have been hurt more than what was told to us.

I'd nominate Dewayne Washington.

McFadden is a passable starter, but that is an area that needs improvement.

Shawn
02-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Charred Scott is certainly up there as well. McFadden and Gay are both questionable. We have a serious need at DB. DB, or OG in the first.

Oviedo
02-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Don't be generous. Aside from Ike and Troy (who is obviously not 100%), our DBs as a whole suck. Go up against a quality QB and they look like JV players.

phillyesq
02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Don't be generous. Aside from Ike and Troy (who is obviously not 100%), our DBs as a whole suck. Go up against a quality QB and they look like JV players.

Clark doesn't suck. He isn't a ball hawk or an impact player, but you rarely see him getting torched ala Burnt Alexander...

steelblood
02-07-2011, 01:26 AM

To be fair, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees make plenty of secondaries look terrible.

But, in general, I agree that our CBs not named Ike and our FS are not good against the pass and need to be upgraded. I can't believe Crezdon Butler couldn't get on the field. He looked good in the preseason. In camp, they kept talking about his man coverage skills.

Our secondary coach is awful. He improves no one. Fire him and bring in a Kugler type dude.

OldSteelerFan
02-07-2011, 01:30 AM
What did we all see in this clown. 10yds cushion and he can't stop no one . Man to man he sucks.

Rogers owned him when he played for the Cards and he owned him again tonight.

OldSteelerFan

sd steel
02-07-2011, 01:38 AM

Lebeau calls the 10 yard cushions, Mc Fadden doesn't just line himself up at 10 yards, and when we did man up and go bump Gay got burnt a couple of times. Not defending Bmac, but just sayin.

birtikidis
02-07-2011, 01:40 AM

Lebeau calls the 10 yard cushions, Mc Fadden doesn't just line himself up at 10 yards, and when we did man up and go bump Gay got burnt a couple of times. Not defending Bmac, but just sayin.
I noticed a few times that Gay didn't make ANY contact when he lined up in tight coverage. when he didn't put a hand on the guy, he got beat.

Starlifter
02-07-2011, 01:42 AM
i'll probably get ripped for saying this but the strength of Troy's game is NOT his ability to cover man to man........

the steelers must resign Ike. he's the only cover guy we got.

sd steel
02-07-2011, 01:42 AM

I noticed a few times that Gay didn't make ANY contact when he lined up in tight coverage. when he didn't put a hand on the guy, he got beat.

I agree, you can't let a guy who is faster than you get a free release.

Chadman
02-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Time for Tomlin to do to the DB's what he did to the LB's when he first got here- 2 or 3 premium draft picks spent to upgrade a weak position.

Draft DB's 1, 2 & 3 if necessary.

Otherwise, McFadden, Gay, Maddison, Mundy et el will get on the field again next season..

BradshawsHairdresser
02-07-2011, 04:14 AM

Clark doesn't suck. He isn't a ball hawk or an impact player, but you rarely see him getting torched ala Burnt Alexander...
What are you talking about? Clark was torched by the Packers all game! I love him, but he is clearly a liability in coverage.

jj28west
02-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Jordy Nelson (What is he...like 4th on the depth chart?) blew by BMAC with ease without being touched in the 1st drive but dropped the ball. Maybe there was supposed to be help over the top thus the no chip release but that was demoralizing to see that against our second best corner.

Crash
02-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Again, what's the point of drafting DBs to play 8 yards off the ball?

Been this way since we've had LeBeau on staff.

AngryAsian
02-07-2011, 08:49 AM

To be fair, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees make plenty of secondaries look terrible.

But, in general, I agree that our CBs not named Ike and our FS are not good against the pass and need to be upgraded. I can't believe Crezdon Butler couldn't get on the field. He looked good in the preseason. In camp, they kept talking about his man coverage skills.

Our secondary coach is awful. He improves no one. Fire him and bring in a Kugler type dude.

Bingo. We need a good DB coach... along with getting rid of the obviously poor horses we have in our stalls. Gay and BMac are the worst... period. They don't even look like collegiate prospects. This is where we really needed to show up and we didn't. Rodgers had his way exploiting our biggest weakness.

Not trying to be a homer, but if we get one more really good prospect for the OL and get the rest of the injured back in front of Ben... coupled with a whole lot of FA and draft prospects specifically to address our ****ty secondary, this team will be back to the big dance.

Oviedo
02-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Time for Tomlin to do to the DB's what he did to the LB's when he first got here- 2 or 3 premium draft picks spent to upgrade a weak position.

Draft DB's 1, 2 & 3 if necessary.

Otherwise, McFadden, Gay, Maddison, Mundy et el will get on the field again next season..

Couldn't agree more. There is a desperate need for an infusion of talent in secondary and some of these current players need to feel very nervous about their jobs.

There also needs to be a mandate from on high to LeBeau to look at modifying his scheme so that we actually cover WRs and not give up 10 yard cushions and give the WRs all the initiative.

If it can be done to Arians and the running game same type of mandate needs to go to LeBeau because despite the citing of meaningless statistics, his scheme has been exposed for the last two years.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Secondary Outlook:
#1 Priority...Sign Taylor.

#2 Was it an injured Troy the last 10+ games??? If it was...good. Then he should return to form. If not...We have a problem. I'm siding with his achilles injury limited his play.

#3 There is still a window for some of these vets for next year. More than likely, only next year for some. Being that it is highly unlikely for a rookie to make an immediate impact at CB at #31...I think it is in the Steelers best interest to seek another FA CB. Anyone have a list????

#4 Draft a CB no later than round 3. Preferably someone falls to #31. More than likely, it will be round 2. Then the "weeding out process begins". McFadden really was everything short of...well...Average. Gay is a solid nickel/dime back. Lewis...Have to show up in camp or move on. Butler has an open door to make a name. Madison has alot of value now. Stepped up his play at CB enough to be active on gameday because of his ST skills. Lewis is close to this same status if he could get his head out of his a$$.

#5 Have to look at a safety in the draft. The time has come to add some talent there too.

There just comes a time where you have to go Cover 0 and get the QB. If nobody comes free, we give up the 1st down. That is where we are at.

Oviedo
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Secondary Outlook:

#2 Was it an injured Troy the last 10+ games??? If it was...good. Then he should return to form. If not...We have a problem. I'm siding with his achilles injury limited his play.

#3 There is still a window for some of these vets for next year. More than likely, only next year for some. Being that it is highly unlikely for a rookie to make an immediate impact at CB at #31...I think it is in the Steelers best interest to seek another FA CB. Anyone have a list????

#4 Draft a CB no later than round 3. Preferably someone falls to #31. More than likely, it will be round 2. Then the "weeding out process begins". McFadden really was everything short of...well...Average. Gay is a solid nickel/dime back. Lewis...Have to show up in camp or move on. Butler has an open door to make a name. Madison has alot of value now. Stepped up his play at CB enough to be active on gameday because of his ST skills. Lewis is close to this same status if he could get his head out of his a$$.

#5 Have to look at a safety in the draft. The time has come to add some talent there too.

There just comes a time where you have to go Cover 0 and get the QB. If nobody comes free, we give up the 1st down. That is where we are at.

I agree with everything you said except for Madison. Madison is not an NFL caliber DB. He only gets on the field because Lewis is a bust and they have to dress him for Special Teams. It's a numbers game that gets him on the field.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Secondary Outlook:

I agree with everything you said except for Madison. Madison is not an NFL caliber DB. He only gets on the field because Lewis is a bust and they have to dress him for Special Teams. It's a numbers game that gets him on the field.

Nobody is asking Madison to start. He played well enough through the playoffs to see the field in dime. His knock for years was a ST body who had no value at CB because of his size. It seems many forget he is athletic but under sized. Started alot of games at Bama. Shorter CBs give up alot no matter how athletic you are. He has tremendous ST value & until someone takes that away from him...He does enough at CB in dime to earn a spot. Being around the system for some time is giving him the understanding he needs to play. Like I said, Lewis is getting there and has the physical skills. But he still thinks he is in college and playing lesser competition. Unless he realizes "technique" seperates the players he will play himself right off the roster. I'm not a Madison lover or hater and think his spot could be given to a more capable CB, but right now there is nobody who has more value to take it away.

For those of you that don't remember & label him small & slow:

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Alabama DB Anthony Madison measured a height of 5-8 3/8 and a weight of 180 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash with times of 4.40 seconds and 4.45 seconds and finished the short shuttle in 4.41 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.93 seconds. He measured a 36 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-3 broad jump while completing 14 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

He doesn't play slow at gunner and shows fluid movement in coverage. He just gets out muscled and pushed out of position at times in coverage. When you are 5'9" and closing, that's a disadvanatge.

Oviedo
02-07-2011, 11:06 AM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":tx4f1cyc]Secondary Outlook:

Nobody is asking Madison to start. He played well enough through the playoffs to see the field in dime. His knock for years was a ST body who had no value at CB because of his size. It seems many forget he is athletic but under sized. Started alot of games at Bama. Shorter CBs give up alot no matter how athletic you are. He has tremendous ST value & until someone takes that away from him...He does enough at CB in dime to earn a spot. Being around the system for some time is giving him the understanding he needs to play. Like I said, Lewis is getting there and has the physical skills. But he still thinks he is in college and playing lesser competition. Unless he realizes "technique" seperates the players he will play himself right off the roster. I'm not a Madison lover or hater and think his spot could be given to a more capable CB, but right now there is nobody who has more value to take it away.

For those of you that don't remember & label him small & slow:

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Alabama DB Anthony Madison measured a height of 5-8 3/8 and a weight of 180 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash with times of 4.40 seconds and 4.45 seconds and finished the short shuttle in 4.41 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.93 seconds. He measured a 36 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-3 broad jump while completing 14 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

He doesn't play slow at gunner and shows fluid movement in coverage. He just gets out muscled and pushed out of position at times in coverage. When you are 5'9" and closing, that's a disadvanatge.[/quote:tx4f1cyc]

He is always in the "trail position" when he is in coverage which means he can't stay with the WR because he is getting faked out on the WRs initial move or the WR is just running away from him. You need better than that even from your dime.

fezziwig
02-07-2011, 11:29 AM
How many teams actually have two great corners ? I know the defense allowed them to score but, if the offense would stop giving them the ball we would have probably have won.

The turnovers magnified the flaws in our personale on defense.

Gay is no corner and if McFadden is hurt, what can you do.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
He is always in the "trail position" when he is in coverage which means he can't stay with the WR because he is getting faked out on the WRs initial move or the WR is just running away from him. You need better than that even from your dime.

You are going to be in trail in man when you get bumped at the jam. You have S help. If you are a 6' CB, trail is a good spot. Guys are not "running away" from him like you suggest. The WR gets a good release or really knocks him back because of his size...His 5'9" frame becomes a bigger disadvantage in trail. The big play last night that got the Packers out of the hole before they went down to kick a FG in the 4th saw Ike in your "trail" position on 3rd & 10 where Rodgers found Jennings down the seam over Ikes fingerips for a 31 yard gain. CBs are in trail and it doesn't mean they are beat. How many times do you see Revis running underneath his guy and pluck it away if it comes in his direction. Simply put...Madison is not a bump n run corner in most cases. If he is up against the bigger WR that beat the jam...His height hurts him in trail. Put him off where he could keep the WR in front of him and take some of the physical contact out of the play...He could win some of those. The problem is, when he sees the field in dime, the Steelers are 2 deep man under and he is playing bump. He has the S help over the top but a good QB could squeeze it in between the Ss. You want to see eveidence to all this, watch the preseason. When Madison was playing in base, he was much more comfortable when he could play off. He could use his closing skills to react and run with WRs down the field. Put him in bump, if WR gets seperation at the jamb because he can be more physical, Madison is in trouble. I don't care if you are a 4.2 guy at 5'9"...The QB has a window to get the ball. Even in 60 yards, you 1 or 2 tenths isn't going to make up 3 to 6 inches of height.

Now, that all being said, there are better options at dime CB. But apparently it wasn't Lewis because he was dressed. Butler looked better than both Madison & Lewis in coverage but Madison & Lewis are better ST players. Since we are talking 4th & 5th CB...ST player gets the hat. Will this continue in 2011? I guess we will have to see what the draft brings and what Lewis, Butler, & Warren can bring to the table. I guessing there will be some significant changes in the secondary.