PDA

View Full Version : Pre Game Hype

virgilbosetti
02-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Nfl network has a hype show on with a panel of less than desirables. Rich Eisen (sorry about the spelling of any misspelled names) just asked the panel if they think the Steelers should be considered a dynasty if they win tonight. This is a very loaded question. Any answer has to be extremely biased and opinionated…..hell, even the definition of a dynasty fits the same description.

Anywho, Warren Sapp just answered by saying the Steelers would not be a dynasty because it’s all or nothing with them. They either miss the playoffs or they make them and win it all. The only year they did make the playoffs and not win it all, he said…..was when they lost in the first round. So for him….a couple more failed seasons and they might be a dynasty, but for now the answer is no. I’m paraphrasing here, so if anyone else saw the program and has a different take….spin away.
Surely there has to be a producer, or administrator shaking his head after hearing this buffoon’s bent logic.

My point isn’t to levy opinion on the Steelers being considered a dynasty if they win tonight. Just to call attention to how poor these pre-game hype shows have become…..or how laughable it is that they have a regular audience.

msp26505
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I refuse to watch any pre-game stuff today. I'm hyped out.

But if the Steelers win today, I will be referring to them as Dyansty II. Three SB's in six years in the era of free agency is at least as good as four in six in the '70's.

...and certainly better than any team that has LOST a Super Bowl with the same cast of characters (18-1) that some consider a "dynasty".

Blitz-en
02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Hey Virgil, haven't heard much from you lately!

I was watching the conversation about Dynasty. All I can say is, "it's Warren Sapp, I suppose you can't expect too much insight or wisdom". I loved Michael Irvin's response. Haha, he said, "I have to say yes it's a dynasty, cause if not, then mine isn't a dynasty, so welcome to the club, Pittsburgh Steelers!".

Haha. These guys sure do love Aaron Rodgers. Wow, he's the next coming, eh?`

Mister Pittsburgh
02-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I think every pundit from the NFL network and ESPN has picked the packers. Can't wait to see their excuses.

California-Steel
02-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I think every pundit from the NFL network and ESPN has picked the packers. Can't wait to see their excuses.
Not Keshwan. He seems to be the Loan Wolf on the panel. Always seems to be. He seems to be the only one that really watches football. Most of them have not even looked at the stats or understood them at all. Bens numbers are just as good if not better in some catagories then Rodgers. The Steelers have better numbers pretty much across the board in just about every catagory.

I live out here in CA and there is a radio show called "The Razor and Mr. T'" Mr. T. is Tom Tolbort (former basketball player for the Warriors). Well after the Razor (Steelers hater) picked the Pack to win and reasoned why by spewing out garbage reason of the Pack being better based on what he hears from Steve Young and other ESPN and NFL network idiot, Mr T. gave some actual stats on both teams and how the Steelers were actully on par or better in just about all areas including Passing and Passing Defense and that is why he was taking the Steelers.

These idiot didn't even know that Ben only had 5 INT's the eniter season. When Mr. T gave that state and that Ben have over 3000 yards for the season and that Ben's passer rating was 97, and that Ben had a better passing yards per games average than Rodgers, these guys seen stunned. They were like really! That seem crazy! They knew nothing about the real numbers.

All these guys are tools. They don't watch or pay attention to anything. They make picks and predictions based on biased opinions.

Steelers will win hands down.

Northern_Blitz
02-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I can't remember if it was on NFLN or ESPN, but Young refered to the Steelers as a "Super Dynasty" for what they've done over the last 40 years.

This is 100% on point.

- This organization has the best dynasty in Football history in the 70s.
- They are the best franchise in the Free Agency era.
- They have won the most Super Bowls of any team (don't give me that GB was great before there were Super Bowls crap).
- If they win today, I think they have the best (and only true) dynasy in the free agency era (because they didn't "have all the answers to the test").

Blitz-en
02-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I just heard Jennifer Aniston's analysis of the game. Adam Sandler took the Steelers to win, so obviously, she took the Packers to win. She said that she is not an NFL fan, hasn't ever watched a football game, and chose the Pack to win because she understands that the Steelers have been there so often, it's only fair if the Pack wins. Then, she went on to say that if the Pack is losing as the game goes on.......she'll change her allegiance to the Steelers!!!

Haha. This beats all the other analysis I've heard from NFL Network all week!!!! But, likely, it's most realistic to what the so called experts are actually doing as well!!! LOL.

msp26505
02-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Since 1972 (39 years), which it could argued is when this whole thing started, the Steelers have had only SEVEN losing seasons, and none were worse than 5-11.

Over that same period, they have been in SEVEN Super Bowls and FIFTEEN AFC Championship games, with 30 winning seasons, two .500 seasons, and (I think) 26 playoff berths.

That's about as dynastic as a franchise can get, IMO.