PDA

View Full Version : Good Trade

Doyle37
02-06-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd like to see Harrison slam Rodgers to the turf. Harrison is flagged ( correctly or not ) Rodgers leaves the game. Steelers win. Goodell hands the trophy to Harrison as Harrison hands a check to Goodell and Harrison says...

"GOOD TRADE !!"

Oviedo
02-06-2011, 11:16 AM
I'd like to see Harrison slam Rodgers to the turf. Harrison is flagged ( correctly or not ) Rodgers leaves the game. Steelers win. Goodell hands the trophy to Harrison as Harrison hands a check to Goodell and Harrison says...

"GOOD TRADE !!"

I want both Harrison and Woodley to slam Rodgers to the turf and knock him into next week because that will mean that LeBeau hasn't played into the Packers hands and started dropping the LBs into coverage and rushed only 3.

Flasteel
02-06-2011, 11:23 AM

"GOOD TRADE !!"

I want both Harrison and Woodley to slam Rodgers to the turf and knock him into next week because that will mean that LeBeau hasn't played into the Packers hands and started dropping the LBs into coverage and rushed only 3.

http://www.steelertribute.com/Cowlloyd.gif

Rush the quarterback!!

aggiebones
02-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Let's just whip his arse. No need to knock him out.

What did Rodgers really do against Chicago? Not much.
14 pts.

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2011, 06:19 PM
If Antonio Brown makes a big, game-changing play on offense, and Bryant McFadden makes a big, game-changing play on defense, then I'll say "Good Trade" (for the guy who made a big, game-changing play for us at the end of the last Super Bowl).
:tt2 :tt1

Doyle37
02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
I couldn't help thinking during the game that we REALLY needed Santanio. Wallace was not enough. We ( as it turns out ) weren't good enough to win this game. Many reasons I guess. Throwing too much on third and 2. Not using Heath enough. Where was Woodley? Where was Harrison? Where was Polamalu ? Steelers didn't hardly show up. Maybe we were good....the fact that we came so close but were really missing a lot of necessary pieces.

steelblood
02-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I couldn't help thinking during the game that we REALLY needed Santanio. Wallace was not enough. We ( as it turns out ) weren't good enough to win this game. Many reasons I guess. Throwing too much on third and 2. Not using Heath enough. Where was Woodley? Where was Harrison? Where was Polamalu ? Steelers didn't hardly show up. Maybe we were good....the fact that we came so close but were really missing a lot of necessary pieces.

Trading Holmes was a mistake. But, losing Sanders didn't help either. Wallace is and always will be limited. He isn't strong enough in his upper body to win jump balls and doesn't work well consistently underneath. He is a great talent, but must be complementedby a holmes-type receiver.

Doyle37
02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Does this mean they take a chance with Plex ?? I didn't like the guy but Hines said he'd like him back. Maybe he'll be a better team player ( and overall player ) with Tomlin than Cowher? Maybe jail has straightened him out ??

isonator07
02-07-2011, 09:28 PM
This game was lost because of our secondary. I wanted to see us pound the right side of that defense with Mendy and Redman a little more. I know we came close, all while having some big injuries.

It just feels like we need two first round picks in this draft to me. I think we need to come away with a solid guard and a solid CB in the draft. Maybe we can get a guard in the second round. I don't want to see us reach for a CB in rounds 3-7 either. I want a first round talent. I understand that doesn't mean we can pick a guy in round 1 who doesn't pan out, but I would like to see us try.

I think we need to lockup Ike, grab a big time CB in FA, and draft a first round guy to play nickle until the time comes to move them into the starting lineup.

IMO if we keep our secondary the same, we are always gonna struggle with teams that have elite qbs. We can get by against the middle of the pack qbs with a good pass rush against qbs with accuracy problems. If we ran into the Pats I think the outcome woulda been the same.