PDA

View Full Version : Game Day! Time to stand with the AFC

HardlinerKC
02-06-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm taking my 6'5", 208lbs, stuffing it into a size large #58 Lambert jersey, pull on my red Chief's hat and go down to the local sports bar to pull for the Steel in a few hours, hoping to tick off a few cheeseheads that I know will be there.

I've had it in for the Pack ever since all the way back to Superbowl I when Lombardi, in a post game interview, said the Chiefs were'nt worthy of being among the top tier teams in the NFL. That's only 44 years ago but some old wounds never heal.

Anyway, go, go STEEL! :Cheers

papillon
02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm taking my 6'5", 208lbs, stuffing it into a size large #58 Lambert jersey, pull on my red Chief's hat and go down to the local sports bar to pull for the Steel in a few hours, hoping to tick off a few cheeseheads that I know will be there.

I've had it in for the Pack ever since all the way back to Superbowl I when Lombardi, in a post game interview, said the Chiefs were'nt worthy of being among the top tier teams in the NFL. That's only 44 years ago but some old wounds never heal.

Wow, what a combination, Lambert and the Chiefs in a bar. Good luck brother, Jack Lambert doesn't have many friends!

:tt2 :tt2

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
KC, with your ability to hold a grudge, it is clearly only an accident of fate that kept you from being born in the Mon Valley!

Good luck, I hope your revenge is sweet!

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 09:42 AM

:Cheers :tt2

HardlinerKC
02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I have a little extra time now and the game is still hours away so here's the story on how I came to possess a Lambert jersey. It was 1984, in the Colts' first season in Indy, and the Steel was in town. I'd recently moved to Naptown and had won Irsay's lottery with the right to buy two season Colts tickets at $21 each per game (Amazing, compared to today, yes?), so I was walking across a parking lot to get inside the then Hoosier Dome when this loud guy was shouting "Steelers"!, wearing a Lambert jersey and waving a towel.

Then he said, "Need one!" which I had because the wife couldn't make it. I was wearing a Chief's warmup jacket, walked over, held up the ticket and asked what he'd give me for it. He said, "Dude, what're doin' in a Chief's jacket?". I explained. "How 'bout I give you this?", he said, pointing to his jersey. I said, what the hell and handed over the ticket but advised that he wear it to the game and give it to me afterwards which he agreed to do.

Then he insisted that I hang, have an Iron and the grill would soon be cranking out brats so again I said, what the hell? We had a great time at the game, ragging on the Colts and I knew then, I had my NFL backup team to follow. I wonder if that guy ever comes over to post on this forum? All these years later, I still have that Steeler jersey. Unreal.

Djfan
02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
I have a little extra time now and the game is still hours away so here's the story on how I came to possess a Lambert jersey. It was 1984, in the Colts' first season in Indy, and the Steel was in town. I'd recently moved to Naptown and had won Irsay's lottery with the right to buy two season Colts tickets at $21 each per game (Amazing, compared to today, yes?), so I was walking across a parking lot to get inside the then Hoosier Dome when this loud guy was shouting "Steelers"!, wearing a Lambert jersey and waving a towel.

Then he said, "Need one!" which I had because the wife couldn't make it. I was wearing a Chief's warmup jacket, walked over, held up the ticket and asked what he'd give me for it. He said, "Dude, what're doin' in a Chief's jacket?". I explained. "How 'bout I give you this?", he said, pointing to his jersey. I said, what the hell and handed over the ticket but advised that he wear it to the game and give it to me afterwards which he agreed to do.

Then he insisted that I hang, have an Iron and the grill would soon be cranking out brats so again I said, what the hell? We had a great time at the game, ragging on the Colts and I knew then, I had my NFL backup team to follow. I wonder if that guy ever comes over to post on this forum? All these years later, I still have that Steeler jersey. Unreal.

Cool story.