Fuc*in Bullsh^t!!!!

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 09:51 AM
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Dumba$$ NFL politics.

Goodell's behind this
:stirpot :stirpot :stirpot

Seriously, this is a travesty, again.

And then there is the Donnie Shell omission.
:
:wft

NorthCoast
02-06-2011, 10:16 AM
It's not really politics here. It's all about marketing. Too many players of one team in a HOF would likely decrease it's popularity. You may as well rename it the "Steelers Hall of Greatness".....so how many Raider, Cowboy, or Browns fans will visit such a place?

What is done is very purposely managed by the NFL, and the owners are complicit I would guess.

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 10:19 AM
It's not really politics here. It's all about marketing. Too many players of one team in a HOF would likely decrease it's popularity. You may as well rename it the "Steelers Hall of Greatness".....so how many Raider, Cowboy, or Browns fans will visit such a place?

What is done is very purposely managed by the NFL, and the owners are complicit I would guess.
Good point.

snarky
02-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't buy a conspiracy by the NFL. the HOF has about 200K visitors per year - so it's not like there is some massive revenue stream to protect.

phillyesq
02-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Wexell made an interesting point: of the 15 players that have been all pro first team 6 years in a row, all but Dawson and Larry Allen are in the hall. And Allen isn't eligible yet.

A disgrace that Dawson didn't make it in yet, but I'd have to think that he will eventually.

Oviedo
02-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Don't underestimate the strong anti-Steelers bias that exists. With every success the current teams have it just grows stronger and one of the second order efforts is that our HoF candidates get the backlash.

There is a "perception" that there are "too many" Steelers in the HoF because of the dynasty of the 1970's. So when a candidate like Dawson and Bettis don't get selected it isn't necessarily against them it is a desire that one team does not dominate the HoF. Reality is that both the Bears and Giants I believe have many more in than we do.

All this is why I think Hines and Ben will have very difficult times ever making it.

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Wexell made an interesting point: of the 15 players that have been all pro first team 6 years in a row, all but Dawson and Larry Allen are in the hall. And Allen isn't eligible yet.

A disgrace that Dawson didn't make it in yet, but I'd have to think that he will eventually.

I've neveer heard this before. This tells the story. This needs to be known far and wide.

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Oviedo
02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Same anti-Steelers prejudice is why Tomlin didn't get a single vote for Coach of the Year.