PDA

View Full Version : Potential inside info. Read with a grain of salt.

Ozey74
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Two of James Farrior's aunt lives in my hometown. One of his aunts used to babysit my neice daily. I was unaware that he had another aunt in the area until the other day. A co-employee that I don't have much contact with came into my office on Friday & saw my Steeler decorations that I have on my desk and bookshelf. A conversation started about the Steelers......she told me that she is friends with James Farrior's aunt (the aunt that I never knew lived in my town until this conversation). She told me that his aunt is pretty sure that James is going to retire after this season. She also said that James love Pittsburgh and thinks he will stick around after his playing days are done.

Again, this is what I was told. Maybe be true, may be false.

Starlifter
02-05-2011, 06:00 PM
wouldn't surprise me, especially if they win. 3 SB's, a long distinguished career and the chance to go out on top.

most don't know when to walk away - we'll see.

Stewie
02-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't be mad to send Potsie out on top. Replacement? Foote? Fox? ???

Dee Dub
02-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Stevenson Sylvester is very athletic and the Steelers brass is very high on him. I think they may have a gem in him.

hawaiiansteel
02-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I thought Farrior was washed up last season, now I find myself rooting for him to come back next year.

Steelers 14-year veteran ILB James Farrior is "really not thinking about" retirement.
Farrior is locked up through 2012, but there's some speculation that aging veterans could walk away in response to a lockout as a handful of NHL players did in 2004-05. That won't be the case with Farrior or Hines Ward.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... NFL&id=647 (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=647)

focosteeler
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Stevenson Sylvester is very athletic and the Steelers brass is very high on him. I think they may have a gem in him.

I have heard that because of his performance in the 2009 Sugar Bowl if he would've gone into the draft he was projected as a 2nd rounder....since he stayed in school and Utah didn't do too well we got a steal

Shoe
02-05-2011, 09:39 PM

Sylvester does flash on ST's, and he did look good in preseason games. Still, he wouldn't be my first choice to replace Farrior if he would decide to hang it up. I prefer an inside banger with Timmons there, and my impression (correct or not) of Sylvester is run & hit kind of guy... like Timmons. I would prefer a David Little-type.

I hope that is Farrior's plan. He's been a mainstay for us for a long time. I also hope he gives an impassioned voice to our team... thinking back when vets including Aaron Smith (can't remember who else, that one year) put it all out there to the team in a speech.

papillon
02-05-2011, 09:41 PM
I think if there's a season next year he'll come back for one more season. If the season gets canceled or starts late he may retire. I don't think he'll announce after the game like Bettis did.

Pappy

Northern_Blitz
02-06-2011, 12:50 AM
I think if there's a season next year he'll come back for one more season. If the season gets canceled or starts late he may retire. I don't think he'll announce after the game like Bettis did.

Pappy

I think if there is no season next year, alot of our vets might call it quits (JF, Big Snack, Ward, A.Smith, Hoke...)

Chadman
02-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Would have loved to see Thad Gibson partnered with Timmons at ILB down the track....oh wll.

Can you imagine the athletisism those two would bring to the table??

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Farrior the Warrior has been excellent this year, again. If he goes, replacing his quality of play will be a challenge, but an even bigger question is how do the Steelers replace his Leadership?

Chadman
02-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Quite possible Farrior would pull the pin- hard to do it on a better occasion.

Other possibles to retire could be Chris Hoke, Aaron Smith, Charlie Batch, Arnaz Battle & even possibly ARE. Probably have to add the big Flo to that group too.

It would seem as though Ward wants another go around.

Victory coupled with a possible non-season could change the Steelers squad considerably.

If it does, if we do get a few retiree's after this, here's a big 'Thank You'for maintaining that damn standard, year after year!

DukieBoy
02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Quite possible Farrior would pull the pin- hard to do it on a better occasion.

Other possibles to retire could be Chris Hoke, Aaron Smith, Charlie Batch, Arnaz Battle & even possibly ARE. Probably have to add the big Flo to that group too.
Hokie looks like he's having too much fun to go. I think Charlie stays and Dixon will go. I sure hope Aaron and Flo come back for one more year.

It would seem as though Ward wants another go around.
We need one more year from Hines to coach up and role model for our young gun receivers. He'll leave that legacy with them, and they will carry it forward.

Victory coupled with a possible non-season could change the Steelers squad considerably.

If it does, if we do get a few retiree's after this, here's a big 'Thank You'for maintaining that damn standard, year after year!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1